Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Sears CEO buys the company he ran into the ground

He just bought a shitload of prime real-estate on the cheap.

He just bought a shitload of prime real-estate on the cheap.

And the employees, systems and infrastructure for massive distribution.

He'll be set when weed is legal nation wide. :bandana:

• Like 1

That's what I don't get about target, Walmart, Sears etc...

They already have the infrastructure. Why the fock don't they have a slick website and offer same day delivery? Hell they could partner with each other and kill Amazon.

Instead you have these idiots destroying icon brands so they can buy them on the cheap and sell them of piece by piece.

That's what I don't get about target, Walmart, Sears etc...

They already have the infrastructure. Why the fock don't they have a slick website and offer same day delivery? Hell they could partner with each other and kill Amazon.

Instead you have these idiots destroying icon brands so they can buy them on the cheap and sell them of piece by piece.

It's simple. They don't want to work that hard.

They'd rather sit on message boreds all day focking around. :bench:

that option, while unappealing to most of us, is not only easier, but more profitable.

This doesn't seem like the typical CEO situation. He has been giving them a ton of money for a while now to keep them afloat and the Hedge fund is just taking over what is left. I don't think that this falls into the unscrupulous category. Of course, I am not intimately familiar with Sears. :dunno:

• Like 1

Meh, Sears was on the way out anyway. Just like all the other national retailers...... Amazon and Wal-Mart will get them all eventually.

This doesn't seem like the typical CEO situation. He has been giving them a ton of money for a while now to keep them afloat and the Hedge fund is just taking over what is left. I don't think that this falls into the unscrupulous category. Of course, I am not intimately familiar with Sears. :dunno:

What is left for him to do that would remotely resemble Sears? Although it’s not unscrupulous, there is a sligh stench.

Omg. Where do I even start. This douche has hollowed out a once great American icon. Sold off the core brands to his buddies. No craftsmen. No Kenmore. Now he makes what is basically a 5 billion dollar real estate deal and in the process he is ABSOLVED of any wrondoing that may have occurred while on his watch. Yea. You heard that right.

Seems legit.

Omg. Where do I even start. This douche has hollowed out a once great American icon. Sold off the core brands to his buddies. No craftsmen. No Kenmore. Now he makes what is basically a 5 billion dollar real estate deal and in the process he is ABSOLVED of any wrondoing that may have occurred while on his watch. Yea. You heard that right.

Seems legit.

Yep.

There was no saving Sears or Kmart as a viable retailer.

Theyve been outdated and dead in the water since the 80s.

He came on late in the game and simply rode it all the way down to the ground.

Id also like to see a closer examination of their real estate holdings. Im not sure the value being thrown around is truly accurate.

Many Sears stores were in enclosed shopping malls, which are another dying entity. Whats the story with those? Leased or owned?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/01/24/sears-bankruptcy-eddie-lampert/2667949002/

The accusations include that Lampert and ESL:

Slashed spending on Sears stores to fund stock repurchases that benefited them.

Spun off assets such as Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores and Lands' End to their inappropriate enrichment.

Designed a 2015 deal to spin off valuable stores to a real estate investment trust called Seritage Growth Properties, partially owned by ESL, for an "absurdly low" price even though Sears "was insolvent at the time."

Scored valuable collateral by extending loans to Sears even though it was broke.

Given that Amazon can't build warehouses and distribution centers fast enough, this guy could turn a fast Buck real easy.

I'm just concerned that I won't be able to buy my toughskins anymore.

remember sitting around the campfire until your knee patches became roughly the same temperature as the tiles falling off the space shuttle on reentry?

Should have called the damn things

No Skins.

Given that Amazon can't build warehouses and distribution centers fast enough, this guy could turn a fast Buck real easy.

I'm just concerned that I won't be able to buy my toughskins anymore.

remember sitting around the campfire until your knee patches became roughly the same temperature as the tiles falling off the space shuttle on reentry?

Should have called the damn things

No Skins.

I think there could be more to it than even that.

i am seeing some empty malls being converted into data centers and a slight tilt of "cloud" away from siloed companies and into something more flat. Eventually it appears as though companies like amazon et al are looking to migrate to a new model......Sears has the infrastructure that could feed that model.

Meh, Sears was on the way out anyway. Just like all the other national retailers...... Amazon and Wal-Mart will get them all eventually.

Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens will be all that is left.

Goes to show how much CVS and Walgreens make in pharrna.

I saw this plot in the Dark Knight Rises. The next move is for some women to outmaneuver him on the board and then for Bane to strangle him.