Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings - Post-Draft Update

Doug Orth has updated his dynasty rankings for QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs.

- 3 rookie runners in the top 15.

- Interesting to see Brandin Cooks slide a bit, even though the Saints lost Graham and Stills. More focus on the run ni NO, I presume?

Jordy nelson seems low to me. In fact, i think this is the third year in a row i have said that jordy nelson is low. He is rogers #1 receiver and still has a few years left in his prime. I dont get the bias.

Deandre hopkins and amari cooper being ahead of nelson is insane. Would you really trade away nelson straight up for one of those two receivers? As talented as watkins is, he is still on the bills.

How is Stafford so low? Granted, he didn't have a great season last year, but the previous 3 he finished as a fine FF starter, his injury issues seem to be done, and he's only 27. I'd push him up to the 7/8/9 area.

Jordy nelson seems low to me. In fact, i think this is the third year in a row i have said that jordy nelson is low. He is rogers #1 receiver and still has a few years left in his prime. I dont get the bias.

Deandre hopkins and amari cooper being ahead of nelson is insane. Would you really trade away nelson straight up for one of those two receivers? As talented as watkins is, he is still on the bills.

I love me some Jordy, but please read my intro again. My offseason rankings are different than my regular season ones, in large part because I want to get my team as young as possible. I think it is notable that Nelson is the No. 2 receiver above the age of 27. I know receivers age better than running backs, but how much do you want to count on Jordy remaining a 80-plus catch, 12-15 TD player into his 30s? If given the choice of getting Hopkins/Cooper on the way up versus Nelson on what should be the way down, I'm going to go with the former. Same deal with Watkins. If I have learned anything in my years of playing dynasty, it is to prioritize talent over situation.

How is Stafford so low? Granted, he didn't have a great season last year, but the previous 3 he finished as a fine FF starter, his injury issues seem to be done, and he's only 27. I'd push him up to the 7/8/9 area.

Every year, I either have Stafford too high or too low. :lol: My main reasons for pushing him down have to do with Megatron's age and Detroit's increasing desire to push the running game. The other thing that haunts me about him is that Detroit used him more like a game manager than a No. 1 overall pick last year and the Lions scored fewer than 20 points seven times. Now it sounds as if OC Joe Lombardi wants him to take more chances in 2015, probably bringing his INT total back up to 16-20.

Cutler has put up better stats than stafford. I dont get the love affair some people have with him. Always too pricey since his 42 td season.

Cutler has put up better stats than stafford. I dont get the love affair some people have with him. Always too pricey since his 42 td season.

2014: Cutler 11th, Stafford 16th

2013: Cutler 22nd, Stafford 5th

2012: Cutler 23rd, Stafford 10th

2011: Cutler 26th, Stafford 5th

That's with no INT penalty. If you want to argue he hasn't lived up to his FF draft position, fine (although I recall him being very good to me in 2013 as a mid round pick). But other than last year, he's been a viable starter since he got healthy, so, IMHO, he should be ranked higher than he is on this list.

2014: Cutler 11th, Stafford 16th

2013: Cutler 22nd, Stafford 5th

2012: Cutler 23rd, Stafford 10th

2011: Cutler 26th, Stafford 5th

That's with no INT penalty. If you want to argue he hasn't lived up to his FF draft position, fine (although I recall him being very good to me in 2013 as a mid round pick). But other than last year, he's been a viable starter since he got healthy, so, IMHO, he should be ranked higher than he is on this list.

Ok i will give you he should be ranked higher. Last year was pretty bad considering the Lions were supposed to have even more weapons for him. Calvin being banged up was no excuse for stafford being in the middle of the league for fantasy value.

Thanks Doug, always appreciate your work. Cutler is a wild card with no Brandon Marshall and a new coach. I am one who will be watching Megatron's health closely. I'd be interested to see if the percentage of starting skill position players over age 29 has declined over time in the NFL. Also think increasing use of pro offense at college level means more young receivers who are able to adapt to pro game quicker as you see that with qbs.

Ok i will give you he should be ranked higher. Last year was pretty bad considering the Lions were supposed to have even more weapons for him. Calvin being banged up was no excuse for stafford being in the middle of the league for fantasy value.

I think Johnson being hurt had a lot to do with Stafford numbers last season . You can't remove the best option Stafford has and then expect his number to stay the same or to even get better . Where Stafford gets ranked as a lot to do with the health of Johnson .