Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Do you sleep with a fan on?

I do. Turn two large box fans on high every night before bed. And it's not even cause it's hot in the house. Drowns out all types of noises that can wake one up. Never hear my own dogs or neighbors dog barking. Never hear any loud engine noises or car doors slamming. Never hear any walking or talking in the living room. Great way to guarantee a good night's sleep.

Yes. It drowns out unwanted noise. I cannot sleep in complete silence any more. Although it makes me a tad nervous if I should be hearing something that's getting drown out

Used to be a box fan.. now its the sound of the air purifier fan...hate sleeping in the complete quiet.

Ticking of clocks drives me nuts at night. I absolute hate if I sleep at someones house and there is a clock ticking

To answer the question, yes. I use an air purifier to provide white noise.

Never had, but my wife started about 10 years ago...doesnt bother me...I can sleep fine without one.

Yes - have an ac wall unit I use on fan when its cool out. Its louder than any outside noise but the consistency of it is easier to sleep through.

Cant sleep without one. One reason is that it gets too quiet without one. Another is that I get too hot without one on

Think we had this thread not long ago. Yeah, I have to have a fan going every night. AC in the summer

At home we have a ceiling fan up high, at least this time of year. There usually isn't much outside noise except birds chirping in the morning.

Hotels are interesting -- they claim to be concerned about the environment but they give you hella thick comforters so you need to crank the air down to 64. Anyway, I turn the fan to "always on" to maintain white noise so I can't hear people in the hallway.

Yes. Box and ceiling. And summer same plus AC. I like paying the power company. Apparently

I never did until I started sleeping in a firehouse. Its a must in a firehouse bunkroom. All types of noises are emitted from bodies.

mama nzoner always had a fan going when I was a baby and I grew up having to have one to sleep good to this day

Mainly when it's warm so starting to get in to the season. The whole house fan is one of the best things ever invented by man. Love it.

My heterosexual life partner gypsybrat LOVES the fans. Hell, when I wake up in the morning, that weird fock has a tornado going on in our double wide. 4 fuckin fans placed stategically around the place (not including his room) just to make me nervous when I prance (yea, I said prance) around the house in the morning.

For reals, tho..It helps me wake up. Damn polar vortex and all

Kinda like a previous poster here said, though... the white noise is the key

Myself, Gotta have the ceiling fan on. Air moving vs stagnant air is kinda soothing and stuff.

Usually, I have the AC on when we fall asleep (wall unit). If it is dry weather, Ill have a humidifier going. Usually, at some point in the night, the fiancé will have turned on the fan and turned off the air con. I use white noise app because it is often noisy as Fock outside in china.

Now when I go home and try to sleep in my parents huge ass empty house in the country, the utter silence kind of creeps me out.

Now when I go home and try to sleep in my moms house in the country, the utter silence kind of creeps me out.

Mebbe you should try some foreplay with your mom first

Worked for the rest of us here :dunno:

in the summer. i generally get warm anyway and will sleep outside of the blankets even when its not summer

I grew up in a two-story house in Orlando.... with no air-conditioning. My dad was wealthy, but a total cheapskate. My folks had a wall unit, but nothing in my room. Not even a fan. In the dead of summer I slept with the window open and sweat my ass off praying for a gust of wind.

Today, I sleep fine (with or without a fan) - as long as the temp is below 80 degrees. :mad:

Ill pass, but good for mom. Hope shes having fun. :cheers:

Unfortunately for her, most of us couldn't even get it up :(

(Not your moms fault)

Unfortunately for her, most of us couldn't even get it up :(

(Not your moms fault)

I dont know about now, but circa 1994, there was a suitcase full of toys in the closet, including a strap on. My brother and I found it, and agreed to never speak of it again.

Pm me if you need the suitcase combination.

I dont know about now, but circa 1994, there was a suitcase full of toys in the closet, including a strap on. My brother and I found it, and agreed to never speak of it again.

Pm me if you need the suitcase combination.

Meh, I liked Toys in the Attic better

:banana:

I grew up in a two-story house in Orlando.... with no air-conditioning. My dad was wealthy, but a total cheapskate. My folks had a wall unit, but nothing in my room. Not even a fan. In the dead of summer I slept with the window open and sweat my ass off praying for a gust of wind.

Today, I sleep fine (with or without a fan) - as long as the temp is below 80 degrees. :mad:

That sounds like hell

Our apartment here in south china is supposedly a two bedroom. The actual bedroom has a wall unit, as well as another in the living room.

The second bedroom is a joke. Its for a kid apparently. I can touch all four walls without fully extending my arms from the center of the room. No air con at all, no windows, and it is hot as Fock down here. Similar to Florida, climate wise. The landlord had a tiny cot in there. We told them to remove it, and use it as storage for shoes and luggage.

Anyone who actually keeps a kid in there should do jail time.

Of course, the focking school I work at has no air con in the class rooms. 50 focking kids just sweating their focking asses off. It smells like rancid in there. There are fans, but fanning hot as Fock air around only does very little I find.

Ceiling fan + open windows in the Midwest pretty much all summer, not close to any main roads, so mostly only noise is crickets and song birds. Maybe 2-3 times a summer I'll have to turn the AC on at night, but that's pretty rare.

Our apartment here in south china is supposedly a two bedroom. The actual bedroom has a wall unit, as well as another in the living room.

The second bedroom is a joke. Its for a kid apparently. I can touch all four walls without fully extending my arms from the center of the room. No air con at all, no windows, and it is hot as Fock down here. Similar to Florida, climate wise. The landlord had a tiny cot in there. We told them to remove it, and use it as storage for shoes and luggage.

Anyone who actually keeps a kid in there should do jail time.

Of course, the focking school I work at has no air con in the class rooms. 50 focking kids just sweating their focking asses off. It smells like rancid ###### in there. There are fans, but fanning hot as Fock air around only does very little I find.

There was never air conditioning until I got to junior high. Actually some of my high school classes weren't ac

I have my office window open and a fan facing my desk as I type this. Always have a fan on.

in college, yes - dorms were loud, the fan was perfect.

as a Husband, Dad, and Homeowner - no, if something is loud enough to wake me up, I need to hear it and get up.

I have my office window open and a fan facing my desk as I type this. Always have a fan on.

Why do you sleep in the office?