Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Gonzales = Boldin?

Espn's reporting that the Cards are now just looking for a 2nd rounder for Anquan.

That's the same thing ATL paid for Gonzo - who is 3-4 years older and has announced he only wants to play like 2 more years.

:lol:

I've heard 2nd rounder with other considerations.....whatever that means.

The Cards must really wanna move the guy, and someone's gonna get a solid WR relatively cheap.

Well the article I read (ESPN) said that the Cards would be willing to part with Boldin for a 2nd and "other considerations". I am assuming that it probably means a 2nd & 3rd as opposed to the original asking price of a 1st & 3rd.

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...ce=NFLHeadlines

I've heard 2nd rounder with other considerations.....whatever that means.

The Cards must really wanna move the guy, and someone's gonna get a solid WR relatively cheap.

Don't bet on it.

If it's 2nd, it's gotta be early 2nd, plus maybe a 3rd in 2010 and a serviceable player. Or maybe something like the Ravens, with 2nd and 3rd this year + Heap.

Michael Bush and 2009 #2 for Bolden. Raiders get a WR and can use their pick for the best defender available. Arizona gets a good all around back and a high #2 pick. Sounds like a perfect trade to me.

No.

Cardinals GM Rod Graves denies that the Cardinals have dropped their asking price on Anquan Boldin -- or that there ever was one.

"None of that is true," Graves said. "We've never said what we were looking for. All we've said is that we're willing to listen and certainly would consider something of commensurate value." Larry Fitzgerald doesn't believe Boldin wants to get traded, and Graves insists that an extension is more likely than a trade. Apr. 24 - 5:05 pm et - Rotoworld

Michael Bush and 2009 #2 for Bolden. Raiders get a WR and can use their pick for the best defender available. Arizona gets a good all around back and a high #2 pick. Sounds like a perfect trade to me.

I like where you are going, but I suspect the Cards would want another later round pick in this package. Also, Boldin isn't the "vertical" receiver that Weird Al covets. :(

The Arizona Cardinals have granted the Tennessee Titans permission to talk to Anquan Boldin's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, after the Titans offered the Cardinals a second-round pick from Saturday's draft and a player-to-be-named for the disgruntled receiver, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

It was believed Rosenhaus was asking for about $9 million a year for Boldin, a price tag that has turned off many teams that had expressed interest in Boldin, including the New York Giants, the New York Jets and the Baltimore Ravens.

The Philadelphia Eagles made an offer of a 2010 second-round pick, a third-round pick in this year's draft and offensive tackle Winston Justice, which the Cardinals rejected, sources told Paolantonio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4096399

A 2nd rounder this season + considerations <> 2nd rounder in 2010. HTH.

With that said, you also have to factor in signability and contract status as part of the value. Hence Cassel <> Cutler in trades.

Prediction:

Anquan Boldin to Tennessee for LenDale plus pick(s).

The Cards would finish under .500 if they did that. :thumbsup:

Well, Boldin for Forte sounds reasonable...........