Sign in to follow this  
berven

Was Shayne's "game-winner" a miss?

Cleveland coach Rob Ryan says he believes that Cincy's Shayne Graham missed the FG that beat the Browns in OT. NFL.com has a video of the game-winner, and the kick looks headed for the nacho stand off to the right. The announcers seem oblivious to the errant kick, commenting that Graham "drills it through."

It looks to me like Ryan is correct. What do others think?

I thought he missed it when I was watching it live. Surprised this hasn't been brought up more.

i also thought it was missed when i saw it but there are alot of kicks that look missed but are actually not just based on the angle we see on TV. So I sort of chalked it up to a bad angle.

Im going to err on the side of the Cleveland players on the field who put their heads down seeing it was good...and the focking refs standing right under the goalposts as it went through.

The video makes it look close.

My favorite were people posting a still image of the ball to the left of the post (from the camera view)...as if it proved they missed...rather than thinking it was taken, oh, I don't know....after it went through.

There's a video on Youtube that shows the ball passing behind the left upright (camera is behind the endzone) as it passes the goal post. There is no way this is possible if the kick was made.

It was an incorrect call.

As far as the Browns players...all I see are the players on the field motioning "no good" with their arms as it's in the air. If anyone looks dejected, it's probably b/c of the "good" call by the refs.

That second angle isn't close to being conclusive. Still, from behind the enzone, how can the ball be hidden from view by the post when it crosses the upright and be considered good?? It's physically impossible.

From behind the goal it looked wide.

But here is a different angle:

VIDEO

Check out 0:27

The kick was good.

End of story.

the first view looks like he missed it but from behind the kicker it looks good. also do you think the bengals would have reacted so quickly to a miss???? i doubt they could have thought that quickly to try and sell it :doh:

KICK WAS GOOD :pointstosky:

I think it's tough to say if this kick was good or not watching it in real time. Shouldn't/couldn't the refs have used instant replay to review this play?

By the way this is yet another reason why the Browns are a joke. Shouldn't Rob Ryan be more concerned w/ devising a game plan for this weeks game against the Bills? Also if he really felt this way why did he wait until FRIDAY to discuss it & discuss it w/o being provoked? I believe they were asking him about the Braylon Edwards trade when he brought this subject to light.

I can't say from watching any of the videos posted anywhere online if the kick as good or not.. It looks wide to me but like I have already said, plenty of kicks look like they might be wide when you see it live on TV or in real time.

There's a video on Youtube that shows the ball passing behind the left upright (camera is behind the endzone) as it passes the goal post. There is no way this is possible if the kick was made.

It was an incorrect call.

As far as the Browns players...all I see are the players on the field motioning "no good" with their arms as it's in the air. If anyone looks dejected, it's probably b/c of the "good" call by the refs.

Think you have it backwards here - If the ball passed behind the upright from the camera behind the endzone, then the kick is good. If the kick wasn't good, then the ball would pass in front of the upright as it crossed.

Basically, which disappears as the ball passes the goal...the upright or the ball?

Upright = good. Ball = no good.

the offical is underneath the goal post looking up... this is his only responsibility. -no question is was good

That second angle isn't close to being conclusive. Still, from behind the enzone, how can the ball be hidden from view by the post when it crosses the upright and be considered good?? It's physically impossible.

the ball should have blocked the upright when it passed behind it. This looks like a missed call

Is it possible that the first video with the ball being so small, that there aren't enough frames to see the ball as it crosses the upright? That's my best guess as to why the video makes it look like a miss.