Sign in to follow this  
Sportslitter

LeSean McCoy vs. the Giants

Is anyone going with McCoy this week... assuming Westbrook doesn't play?

McCoy really hasn't been that good in the time he's played.

59 carries

212 yards

3.6 ypc

1 touchdown

13 receptions

92 yards

7.1 avg

What can we expect against the Giants? How are they stopping the run?

I have to go with him due to bye weeks and injuries. Keeping expectations in check. Giants have been surprisingly average against the run this year and have given up a lot of rushing TD's. But that's not really Philly's game so I'm not sure it matters.

I have to go with him due to bye weeks and injuries. Keeping expectations in check. Giants have been surprisingly average against the run this year and have given up a lot of rushing TD's. But that's not really Philly's game so I'm not sure it matters.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, unfortunately I have to roll with him too but I agree, you have to keep expectations in check. I see total of 60 yards ... and that's it. But with zero other options I would be happy with an 8 score from him (6+2 for some ppr catches). McNabb will be passing in this one ... passing deep ... with McCoy and Weaver blocking blitzes.

I'm thinking about benching Ryan Grant for Lesean this week. Minnesota shut down Grant in Min. Is this a bad move?

:ninja:

Yeah, unfortunately I have to roll with him too but I agree, you have to keep expectations in check. I see total of 60 yards ... and that's it. But with zero other options I would be happy with an 8 score from him (6+2 for some ppr catches). McNabb will be passing in this one ... passing deep ... with McCoy and Weaver blocking blitzes.

How often does McNabb pass deep? It's an honest question. Against Washington they tried just the one time if memory serves me. They connected that one time for a huge play. But other than that it was all dink and dunk stuff.

I'm not a fan or regular watcher of Eagles games. How is it that McNabb throws the ball about 40 times a game but usually only ends up with around 200 yards passing?

How often does McNabb pass deep? It's an honest question. Against Washington they tried just the one time if memory serves me. They connected that one time for a huge play. But other than that it was all dink and dunk stuff.

I'm not a fan or regular watcher of Eagles games. How is it that McNabb throws the ball about 40 times a game but usually only ends up with around 200 yards passing?

Yes strange, but this is a divisional game at home with your running game out and a coach that likes to pass .. what is not to like? Plus, I think McNabb has thrown 15 TDs and 1 INT past few games against NYG with a bunch of 300 yarders. He knows this team well and like mentioned before, the GMen can be burned. This one is a recipe for a big McNabb day ..... IMO.

Now that they have two burners at WR, he's actually looking deep quite a bit.

Now that they have two burners at WR, he's actually looking deep quite a bit.

Why didn't he against the Redskins? The way they made it look on MNF, it took Maclin to come tell McNabb how freakishly open he was. Then they ran the exact same play with Jackson catching the ball. Other than that, there wasn't much at all.

Why didn't he against the Redskins? The way they made it look on MNF, it took Maclin to come tell McNabb how freakishly open he was. Then they ran the exact same play with Jackson catching the ball. Other than that, there wasn't much at all.

The Redskins don't have a terrible defense. They have the worst offense I've ever seen in all my years as a Redskins fan.

McNabb went deep all day a couple weeks ago when Maclin went off.

The point is, the guy isn't afraid to go deep relative to most QBs in the league if there is a shot. I guess that's what you can take away.

If you are looking at his last couple of games then this holds true but he throws for 300+yds plenty. The O-line has been a revolving door this year with injuries and guys playing out of position but they have started to get some consistency there and I think this week will be the 2nd week in a row with the same O-line so that should be good to help out in the protection.

The dink and dunk happens when D-Mac doesn't have time to look around and have plays develop.

If you are looking at his last couple of games then this holds true but he throws for 300+yds plenty. The O-line has been a revolving door this year with injuries and guys playing out of position but they have started to get some consistency there and I think this week will be the 2nd week in a row with the same O-line so that should be good to help out in the protection.

The dink and dunk happens when D-Mac doesn't have time to look around and have plays develop.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that McNabb won't have a lot of time again this week with Westbrook out of the game? How well does McCoy pass block? Wouldn't NY be blitzing McNabb hard since the running game is now even weaker?

I'm thinking about benching Ryan Grant for Lesean this week. Minnesota shut down Grant in Min. Is this a bad move?

Have the same decision and like Grant in a fired-up home game with points catching the ball rather than running it. Hate him in goal-line situations, though. Other than KC game, haven't been impressed with McCoy, but haven't seen him all the time.

Like many QBs, McNabb is horrible against blitzing defenses. I see the Gmen coming hard and McNabb dinking a lot.

Like many QBs, McNabb is horrible against blitzing defenses. I see the Gmen coming hard and McNabb dinking a lot.

I'm hoping that's the case as my opponent this week has McNabb going and he has a habit of pulling wins out of his azz. :headbanger:

starting him at RB2 in ppr. I think he will get enough screen play catches to be a decent play.

Because McNabb still thinks the receivers hands are located on their feet.