Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

This Board Has Gone Downhill

Years ago you could come here, ask questions and get legit answers, there weren't that many slap fights, threads didn't turn political, etc. Nowadays every thread turns into a political thread, every thread has a slap fight, ask question and get BS answers, etc. It's like the idiots still around here drove away all the legit posters and the few that are still around don't post that much anymore due to the childish nature that has become the geek club. Almost everyone here has an alias to help further their little slap fight. Grown men have been reduced to acting like a child. I don't know about you guys but it saddens me to see how this place has gone downhill

• Like 1

Years ago you could come here, ask questions and get legit answers, there weren't that many slap fights, threads didn't turn political, etc. Nowadays every thread turns into a political thread, every thread has a slap fight, ask question and get BS answers, etc. It's like the idiots still around here drove away all the legit posters and the few that are still around don't post that much anymore due to the childish nature that has become the geek club. Almost everyone here has an alias to help further their little slap fight. Grown men have been reduced to acting like a child. I don't know about you guys but it saddens me to see how this place has gone downhill

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. I'm sure there are plenty of other boards with which you could spread your lies.

Most of us do not have alias. It is only a couple posters and they are quite obvious.

Looking at you Ken.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Meglamaniac. View it anyway?

And here's one of the posters I'm talking about. Nothing to add except trolling for attention. Such a sad state the geek board is in right now. Mike really should start booting some of these people to help clear up the board

I do agree though. I don't mind the funny responses to actual questions because usually guys come around and will eventually help. The slap fight switch unfortunately I admit I've taken part in in the last week or so I really need to stop with.

Make the geek bored great again!!

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Meglamaniac. View it anyway?

And here's one of the posters I'm talking about. Nothing to add except trolling for attention. Such a sad state the geek board is in right now. Mike really should start booting some of these people to help clear up the board

Yea nothing to offer since 1999, ultimate troll looking for attention, someone please LOOK AT ME

I do agree though. I don't mind the funny responses to actual questions because usually guys come around and will eventually help. The slap fight switch unfortunately I admit I've taken part in in the last week or so I really need to stop with.

Make the geek bored great again!!

Excellent tie in

As for the slap fights, they have been here from the beginning, it's part of what the GC is, but in recent months some posters, including myself, have been over the top with regards to some posters simply because, well enough is enough, if I have to read their dribble, I might as well post pad some with replies.

I'll try a little harder to keep it to threads started by a select few.

You acted like you were a doctor for a month, you focking toolbag.

Stfu and get the hell out of here.

Sorry but that ain't much to go on. How does that involve causing slap fights, trolling, and turning everything political? Get help CH cause you're off your rocker if you think I'm the problem

I don't think the goal here should be less people. I would rather enjoy if everyone created 2 or 3 aliases. I don't come here for advice, I have google for that. I come here to pass the time and every now and again laugh.

• Like 1

I don't think the goal here should be less people. I would rather enjoy if everyone created 2 or 3 aliases. I don't come here for advice, I have google for that. I come here to pass the time and every now and again laugh.

Problem is it's becoming less and less enjoyable. You can't go into a single thread without someone starting a slap fight. Including this one

Problem is it's becoming less and less enjoyable. You can't go into a single thread without someone exposing one of my many lies. Including this one

You acted like you were a doctor for a month, you focking toolbag.

Stfu and get the hell out of here.

Bhahaha...that made me lol.

Problem is it's becoming less and less enjoyable. You can't go into a single thread without someone starting a slap fight. Including this one

I see your point with the slap fights and I guess I don't really care if someone is telling the truth or not. If someone wants to be an airline pilot who landed a plane on Hudson River, have at it.

I'm only here for the slap fights.

When they stop, I'm gone. :dunno:

Are you new here?

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. I'm sure there are plenty of other boards with which you could spread your lies.

This.

The board went downhill a long time ago, newb. It's actually better now then it was a few years ago and would be even better without your incessant inane drivel. HTH

I see your point with the slap fights and I guess I don't really care if someone is telling the truth or not. If someone wants to be an airline pilot who landed a plane on Hudson River, have at it.

And I agree, but don't get butthurt when someone call you out on it.

Don't proclaim to put posters on ignore and then reply to them every time they post

Don't proclaim that everyone else is the problem when people are lining up to tell you otherwise

Don't result to name calling as soon as you are made to look like a lying POS

Pretty simple really

Let me get this straight - the fake doctor is complaining about the decline in board integrity? :huh:

We need new recruits.

We're like Aerosmith. Yeah, we rock, but after a while, even the best of friends start hating each other.

I'm only here for the slap fights.

When they stop, I'm gone. :dunno:

I'm just here so I don't get fined

I'm just here so I don't get fined

Are you flirting with me?

I take it im the only one tired of opening a thread only to see it spiral downhill into a slap fight. Right well carry on. Obviously it brings a lot of you happiness. Thought others were actually interested in having conversations instead of turning to name calling and insults

I take it im the only one tired of opening a thread only to see it spiral downhill into a slap fight. Right well carry on. Obviously it brings a lot of you happiness. Thought others were actually interested in having conversations instead of turning to name calling and insults

No I agree. I usually start seeing the slap fights and get out of the thread. Honestly right now we have a couple people that are just trolling to troll. Then when you call them out for it they threw a fit. I won't name names but they've been consistently getting their asses handed to them the last couple nights.

Perhaps you posting in the thread is why it spirals down hill :dunno:

No I agree. I usually start seeing the slap fights and get out of the thread. Honestly right now we have a couple people that are just trolling to troll. Then when you call them out for it they threw a fit. I won't name names but they've been consistently getting their asses handed to them the last couple nights.

I don't mind slap fights but it happens EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. After a while it does nothing but take away from the board value. But a couple people on here troll just to troll and it happens on every thread. Mike seriously needs to just start handing timeouts

This place has sucked forever...I thought that was the point?

I've tried to tell you this before, but it fell on deaf ears. I'll make one last ditch effort.

Just be yourself and be real.

If you have a biz idea you wanna share, do it. If it's more of a pipe dream, then say so. Stop acting like you're on the cusp of starting something far greater than you could possibly handle with your current skills and education.

When you go play golf at your local course, just say so. Tell us you shot a 125, and ask for tips. You'll get made fun of and actually get some tips

But, don't lie about going to Augusta in a feeble attempt to impress us.

If you were a baseball all star in little league or high school, just say so. Stop with the lies about playing in college and the other bullsh!t.

Your entire geek club persona is childish and it's evident to everyone that your full of sh!t almost all the time.

Otherwise, continue business as usual and you'll be the recipient of a freshly torn arsehole on a weekly basis.

I've tried to tell you this before, but it fell on deaf ears. I'll make one last ditch effort.

If you have a biz idea you wanna share, do it. If it's more of a pipe dream, then say so. Stop acting like you're on the cusp of starting something far greater than you could possibly handle with your current skills and education.

When you go play golf at your local course, just say so. Tell us you shot a 125, and ask for tips. You'll get made fun of and actually get some tips

If you were a baseball all star in little league or high school, just say so. Stop with the lies about playing in college and the other bullsh!t.

Your entire geek club persona is childish and it's evident to everyone that your full of sh!t almost all the time.

Otherwise, continue business as usual and you'll be the recipient of a freshly torn arsehole on a weekly basis.

awww, that is so sweet :doublethumbsup:

But that's the thing. I AM telling you the truth. I even provided extensive details, pictures of rings, pictures of other things etc. Only thing I did was alter my rank and job in the military to keep from being identified while I was. Now that I'm out? I don't care if you know who I am. Friend request me it makes no difference. But all the stuff I've said are actual facts. I already said I was a terrible golfer FYI. Which was why when my BIL took me along the trip was wasted on me but they needed someone last minute since the guy who set it up had his dad unable to go last minute. But this thread isn't about me. It's about the entire geek club. I'm not the only one who's noticed an increase in trolling and slap fights. It's gotten bad recently

... Only thing I did was alter my rank and job in the military to keep from being identified while I was.

fwif: When you lie about cack size or what you shot, people forget.. When you lie about military service - people remember.

fwif: When you lie about cack size or what you shot, people forget.. When you lie about military service - people remember.

Nah was still in the military. Just tried protecting myself since I didn't trust anyone here or people who visit the site. Could have ended up getting a terrorist to find out where I lived, what I drove, my schedule, etc. Way too dangerous at the time.

And this guy claims he's not a Millenial.

Nah was still in the military. Just tried protecting myself since I didn't trust anyone here or people who visit the site. Could have ended up getting a terrorist to find out where I lived, what I drove, my schedule, etc. Way too dangerous at the time.

Lying about your rank falls under the umbrella of military service - people don't forget.

But that's the thing. I AM telling you the truth. I even provided extensive details, pictures of rings, pictures of other things etc. Only thing I did was alter my rank and job in the military to keep from being identified while I was. Now that I'm out? I don't care if you know who I am. Friend request me it makes no difference. But all the stuff I've said are actual facts. I already said I was a terrible golfer FYI. Which was why when my BIL took me along the trip was wasted on me but they needed someone last minute since the guy who set it up had his dad unable to go last minute. But this thread isn't about me. It's about the entire geek club. I'm not the only one who's noticed an increase in trolling and slap fights. It's gotten bad recently

It's gotten bad for you because you let it. If you don't like the trolling, stop feeding the trolls.@

Plus you got straight busted in a stupid lie and now nobody will ever believe you again. That's just a fact of life for you here now. You don't see medstudent in hrre saying "Hey, I know I bulsh1tted you guys spectacularly for a year, but now I'm telling the truth! Really!"

So, to sum up, stop whining, Nancy.

Lying about your rank falls under the umbrella of military service - people don't forget.

In my opinion when I'm doing it to protect myself I don't find it bad. Especially when i got out and came clean since I didn't have to worry about anything like getting a terrorists attention. Had to be very careful about that and about people I work for finding out I was on here and it somehow getting back to them because even if I say something and don't think it's bad the person above me might. They had a female who did just that with airmen so I had to be careful of not letting people find out until I was out

In my opinion when I'm doing it to protect myself I don't find it bad.

I'm not judging you, I'm just telling you objectively.... 1) nobody buys your story that you did it for family security and 2) you coming off as a doc and offering advice on stuff was the nail in the coffin - that for sure has nothing to do with family safety.

I'm not judging you, I'm just telling you objectively.... 1) nobody buys your story that you did it for family security and 2) you coming off as a doc and offering advice on stuff was the nail in the coffin - that for sure has nothing to do with family safety.

Nah but working in healthcare I try to help where I can. Even said that I can't give advice over the Internet but I did make suggestions and what I thought being that I had similar dealings with patients I've seen in the past. But doesn't matter whether you believe if I did it for security purposes or not. This is not the subject we are discussing now is it?

In my opinion when I'm doing it to protect myself I don't find it bad. Especially when i got out and came clean since I didn't have to worry about anything like getting a terrorists attention. Had to be very careful about that and about people I work for finding out I was on here and it somehow getting back to them because even if I say something and don't think it's bad the person above me might. They had a female who did just that with airmen so I had to be careful of not letting people find out until I was out

Terrorism is a very legit concern.