Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2008 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

OK, we're ready for sale and download!

:overhead:

Anything and everything you might want to know about the CC/DB can be found here...

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

After 8 years most of you guys know the drill, but I'll run down some of the highlights again for everyone...

The Compiler creates customized cheatsheets for your league using your scoring system while Draft Buddy tracks your draft and keeps you organized on the most important day of your fantasy season. These are Excel-based programs and thus require a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function.

• Use FFT's projectoins, input your own, use a third-party, or mix an match.
  • Update FFT's projections all Summer with a click of button - Simple an easy
  • Re-rank Players To Your Liking
  • Contains ADP data, Depth Charts, Prior Year Stats
  • Easily Manages Multiple Leagues
  • Auctions, IDP
  • Player Comparisons

I could go on, but you get the idea.

We had a big list of features added in 2007 but I think you'll like some of the adjustments MM has made in the 2008 version including...

• Buddy: Shows "Overall Top Ranked Players" from the Summary Tab
  • Buddy: Optional Displays to Knock Players Off the Cheatsheets (Grey, Classic, and Cross-out)
  • Improved Keeper Player Input
  • Improved Re-Rank Players Feature

Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/6).

Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

OK, let us know if you have any questions!

MK

OK, we're ready for sale and download!

:music_guitarred:

Anything and everything you might want to know about the CC/DB can be found here...

After 8 years most of you guys know the drill, but I'll run down some of the highlights again for everyone...

The Compiler creates customized cheatsheets for your league using your scoring system while Draft Buddy tracks your draft and keeps you organized on the most important day of your fantasy season. These are Excel-based programs and thus require a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function.

• Use FFT's projectoins, input your own, use a third-party, or mix an match.
  • Update FFT's projections all Summer with a click of button - Simple an easy
  • Re-rank Players To Your Liking
  • Contains ADP data, Depth Charts, Prior Year Stats
  • Easily Manages Multiple Leagues
  • Auctions, IDP
  • Player Comparisons

I could go on, but you get the idea.

We had a big list of features added in 2007 but I think you'll like some of the adjustments MM has made in the 2008 version including...

• Buddy: Shows "Overall Top Ranked Players" from the Summary Tab
  • Buddy: Optional Displays to Knock Players Off the Cheatsheets (Grey, Classic, and Cross-out)
  • Improved Keeper Player Input
  • Improved Re-Rank Players Feature

Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/6).

Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

OK, let us know if you have any questions!

MK

Thanks Mike, just purchased. Always good to have. Quick question though, not compatible with Vista?

Hi unckeyherb,

I don't have a computer here running Vista but I do believe the CC/DB is compatible. Are you having problems running the program with Vista?

Hi unckeyherb,

I don't have a computer here running Vista but I do believe the CC/DB is compatible. Are you running into problems running the program with Vista?

Just downloaded mine on Vista - No problems yet! :bench:

Well it took long enough! :thumbsdown:

Now I've got something to do at work! :thumbsup:

Bump to let everyone know the version is updated to 1.1 as I made a few minor fixes. Anyone who already purchased can access the download area again to get the new version. Projections, depth charts and ADP are also updated effective 7/7.

Plus, make sure you join our CC/DB 3 And Out! Fantasy Survivor Contest, where we are giving away $5,000 to the contest winner!

Never heard of 3 And Out! ? Its a survivor contest with a fantasy twist. We ran it last year at FF Today (not just for CC/DB customers) and it was such a great success we decided to use 3 And Out! for our CC/DB contest. Here's how it works...

• Starting Week 1 of the NFL season pick 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR
  • If your players score the required fantasy points for their position*, you advance
  • If your player(s) fail to score the fantasy points, you are out at that position
  • You cannot pick the same player twice
  • If you are eliminated at all 3 positions, you are out of the contest
  • Last person still standing - our survivor - is the Champ!
  • Deadline To Join: Sunday kickoff of Week 1, September 7th at 1:00 pm Eastern.

* Required fantasy points for QB = 18.0, RB = 12.0 and WR = 9.0

You can always edit your picks anytime right up to the Week 1 deadline, so sign up now so you don't forget. Its a lot of fun, and who knows, you just might walk away with $5,000 :overhead: when all is said and done. Good luck!

Bump to let everyone know the version is updated to 1.1 as I made a few minor fixes. Anyone who already purchased can access the download area again to get the new version. Projections, depth charts and ADP are also updated effective 7/7.

Plus, make sure you join our CC/DB 3 And Out! Fantasy Survivor Contest, where we are giving away $5,000 to the contest winner!

Never heard of 3 And Out! ? Its a survivor contest with a fantasy twist. We ran it last year at FF Today (not just for CC/DB customers) and it was such a great success we decided to use 3 And Out! for our CC/DB contest. Here's how it works...

• Starting Week 1 of the NFL season pick 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR
  • If your players score the required fantasy points for their position*, you advance
  • If your player(s) fail to score the fantasy points, you are out at that position
  • You cannot pick the same player twice
  • If you are eliminated at all 3 positions, you are out of the contest
  • Last person still standing - our survivor - is the Champ!
  • Deadline To Join: Sunday kickoff of Week 1, September 7th at 1:00 pm Eastern.

* Required fantasy points for QB = 18.0, RB = 12.0 and WR = 9.0

You can always edit your picks anytime right up to the Week 1 deadline, so sign up now so you don't forget. Its a lot of fun, and who knows, you just might walk away with $5,000 :pointstosky: when all is said and done. Good luck!

I just purchased the CC/DB but I may be getting a new computer and laptop in August. Im asuming those will be programmed with Microsoft 07. Since, I made the purchase while I have 03, will it not work when I get my new computer? If not, can I redownload the CC/Db for 07? Thanks.

Hey Chad. It will probably work to convert your '03 (old Excel) version of the Compiler and Buddy to Excel 2007 format. I say probably because I have made a couple changes between the two versions, but I believe those are minor and more aesthetic changes. Regardless, you can absolutely download again later if needed, including a different version. Your download info stays active all pre-season. Cheers.

Hey Chad. It will probably work to convert your '03 (old Excel) version of the Compiler and Buddy to Excel 2007 format. I say probably because I have made a couple changes between the two versions, but I believe those are minor and more aesthetic changes. Regardless, you can absolutely download again later if needed, including a different version. Your download info stays active all pre-season. Cheers.

Thanks, you the man.

Just curious, when you guys draft, do you draft using the tiered listing of players or the overall list? For some reason, I like looking at the tired rankings vs the overall list. Is there a way to use both or should I be using the list instead of the tiers? just curious.

Just curious, when you guys draft, do you draft using the tiered listing of players or the overall list? For some reason, I like looking at the tired rankings vs the overall list. Is there a way to use both or should I be using the list instead of the tiers? just curious.

i've kind of been wondering the same thing. my thinking is that since the projections are weighted for each league, the overall list should be a fairly accurate draft order. all depends on your trust level of the fine gents at this site and their projections.

i've kind of been wondering the same thing. my thinking is that since the projections are weighted for each league, the overall list should be a fairly accurate draft order. all depends on your trust level of the fine gents at this site and their projections.

JG, let me be more specific. I've got my tiered rankings over here, and my overall list over there. (fictional scenario) I'm picking 10th in a 10 team league. Picks 1-9 have been made. On my overall list, the next best player available is Clinton Portis. However, when I look at my tiers, I see a tier with Portis, McGahee, Jones-Drew, and Lynch, which are also players 8-11 on the overall list. If I were just using the list, I would feel inclined to take Portis beacsue he is the "highest" rated player but when using the tiered rankings, I feel more freedom to skip Portis if I have questions about him and take a guy I was more comfortable with say Lynch or Jones-Drew (for argument's sake) because they are in the same tier. Now at the 2.1 spot, again if I were just using the list I would take the next best player--RB--, but by looking at the tiers, I see Andre Johnson in Tier 1 for WR and, like you said, if I agree with the projections and think he is a Tier 1 WR, I could go and grab him but the list has him all the down at # 13. I guess I'm looking for some tips to understand both tools a little better to use them together and not separately, which I feel I do. Most often in my drafts, I simply go with the tiered rankings just because I feel I "see" it better.

During the draft I put more weight on the tiered positional rankings than the overall list myself.

The overall list I like to review pre-draft to get a good sense how a particular league values different positions. How high are the QB and WR relative to RB? Where are we pegging the first couple TE to go? I might mix in the DEF if they score a lot... not that I would probably draft the top DEF wherever it says, but to have an idea when other owners might start grabbing DEF. I think the overall list has a lot of value answering these types of questions. Give you a good big picture outlook of the draft and league so you can plan accordingly. Then I'll mock out the first couple rounds mostly using Draft Buddy and the overall list. Try a few scenarios for my picks.

The tiered list I agree with you lets me "see" it better what is going on, although I've never thought to phrase it that way. As jgc shows from his example, you're going to maximize value using the tiered list (properly). I wouldn't say necessarily in the early stages of the draft, but more in the middle and late stages. Not to mention, once you get into the mid to late stages of the draft, you have to give some consideration to drafting based on need (i.e. filling different positions), so the positional list is going to be more beneficial there.

Basically, I use a combo. Hope that helps.

During the draft I put more weight on the tiered positional rankings than the overall list myself.

The overall list I like to review pre-draft to get a good sense how a particular league values different positions. How high are the QB and WR relative to RB? Where are we pegging the first couple TE to go? I might mix in the DEF if they score a lot... not that I would probably draft the top DEF wherever it says, but to have an idea when other owners might start grabbing DEF. I think the overall list has a lot of value answering these types of questions. Give you a good big picture outlook of the draft and league so you can plan accordingly. Then I'll mock out the first couple rounds mostly using Draft Buddy and the overall list. Try a few scenarios for my picks.

The tiered list I agree with you lets me "see" it better what is going on, although I've never thought to phrase it that way. As jgc shows from his example, you're going to maximize value using the tiered list (properly). I wouldn't say necessarily in the early stages of the draft, but more in the middle and late stages. Not to mention, once you get into the mid to late stages of the draft, you have to give some consideration to drafting based on need (i.e. filling different positions), so the positional list is going to be more beneficial there.

Basically, I use a combo. Hope that helps.

Thanks Mike, this helps a lot. I never thought to use the overall list as a pre-draft tool. I like that idea. Using it that way I might be able to also understand better what round to actually reach for a player instead of playing a hunch.

The tiers definitely help me max out value. The past three years I have used the compiler and draft buddy, I have brought both the tiered list and the overall list and by the third round, I am exclusively using the tiered rankings list. However, now I will try your suggestions and use the overall list as pre-draft tool, and then continue my usage of the tiers. Thanks again! :banana:

:yawn: What time is it? Just posted the 7/24 update, so hit Update Projections in the Compiler and you're all set. Numerous player notes are now included and will be updated/expanded along with the projections each week as necessary based on the latest news.

:yawn: What time is it? Just posted the 7/24 update, so hit Update Projections in the Compiler and you're all set. Numerous player notes are now included and will be updated/expanded along with the projections each week as necessary based on the latest news.

:doublethumbsup: Nobody needs to sleep, especially this time of year.

Hey Mike....nice suggestions on how to utilize the tier/overall ranking sheets. I'd also like your expert opinion regarding auction drafts. Do you have any guidelines you have used successfully in auctions regarding what % you spend on starters vs. bench; % allocated to QB, RB, WR, etc.? Just curiuos.

My auctions are a little screwy in that each of the two of them are dynasty/contract leagues with a number of players already under contract, and each team with a various amount of money to spend.

That said, auctions you really have to get in there and then assess the flow of things once they get going, and adjust accordingly. Are the other owners bidding really aggressive? Do I back off or jump in too? Are these guys being too cautious? Should I get spending and grab the players I really love? This is why auctions are great. You could have two identical league formats but the auctions be completely different animals to work with.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about allocations to starters/bench, and even less to certain positions. If I had to estimate starters/bench I'd say probably 70/30 or 65/35. A lot of guys will go 80/20 or higher if they can get away with it. I put a lot of value on quality depth at the expense of the very top starters, because I don't like my eggs all in one basket.

Positions is tougher to budget I find because you really want to follow the tiers and grab the value where it falls to you. This will then impact if you can spend more/less on other positions.

I will usually go into an auction with a mindset of opening the bidding on players I don't want early, so others bid them up. Usually bidding is aggressive early. Then I'll try to nominate guys next when there might be a lull in spending. I also go in with a relative short list of guys I really want. Doesn't mean I overpay for them if someone else really wants a guy too (too much), but I could go in and say, "you know, for this league I really want to build my team around a one of Lynch/Barber III/Gore backfield and one of Fitz/AJ at WR... and get 3 of these guys is possible". Thats a rough outline of my approach.

OK.....now that I have CC/DB and all the wisdom from the guys that frequent this site...I guess I have no excuse but to bring home the gold this season. If not, maybe I can get into a fantasy badmitton league!

Projections, depth chart, ADP and player notes updated for 7/31.

If you purchased the Compiler, then make sure to enter the $5,000 3 And Out! contest (free with purchase).

Mike,

One of my leagues is a keeper league (keep 3 max). When everyone declares their keepers, is there a way for me to compile my cheatsheets with those players removed from the sheets? If I could do that, it would give me a better understanding of player values which will trend upwards with the possibilitly that 36 players will not be available for drafting.

Players are only dropped off the cheatsheets in Draft Buddy, so run the Compiler to create "if this league started from scratch" cheatsheets, and then run the Buddy setup, input the players in the keepers tab and it will show you who is left. This is where the positional rankings with the tiers will really come in handy.

Players are only dropped off the cheatsheets in Draft Buddy, so run the Compiler to create "if this league started from scratch" cheatsheets, and then run the Buddy setup, input the players in the keepers tab and it will show you who is left. This is where the positional rankings with the tiers will really come in handy.

Bingo! Thanks Mike :pointstosky:

Projections updated 8/7 and ready for import into the Compiler.

Did a quick update for Pennington to the Dolphins. Basically moved Penny into the spot previously held by McCown, updated the depth chart, etc. Hit Update Projections.

Mike,

Have you given any thought into creating a mock draft option in Draft Buddy? Something that would give you an idea how a draft could go based on your teams scoring system.

Mike,

Have you given any thought into creating a mock draft option in Draft Buddy? Something that would give you an idea how a draft could go based on your teams scoring system.

Thought about it, lots. Its a complex add-on, and I'm not sure Excel could suitably handle it. That doesn't mean its off the table, but this one could still be a ways away. Believe me, I'd love to do it though. Something like an offline/semi-portable fantasyfootballcalculator.com would be great.

8/14 update is ready. Gore up again! The forums' voice is being heard by the head guy! :music_guitarred:

Hey,

I just bought this product and I can't login to dowload it. Will this be fixed anytime soon?

Its fixed now. Sorry about that MB.

When is the next update? Is there a schedule you can post? I have drafts today, 8/27, 9/1 and 9/4. The schedule should me made in the early morning on those days. :P

The 8/28 update is up! Only one more to go! Woo-hoo! :cheers:

Mike this might be a dumb question but our league is upping points per return yards. Does CC/BD take our scoring on this and adjust players to it. In other words will it move up people like MJD or Hester (to name a couple) in our CS/DB and does it do it automatically when I set up the scoring revision? Thanx

Hi G. The Compiler does not include a scoring option for kick/punt return yards to individual players, so no, nothing will change there. The reason is because we do not project those stats to players. The depth chart itself is very fluid as to who is returning kicks and how much for each team (outside of the obvious ones, like Hester), so projecting those stats would be even more difficult. If there is enough outcry for it, then maybe we can add those projections in the future.

Mike,

Is there a way that I can adjust the draft order for Draft Buddy. Cbssportsline's free leagues do a non-serpentine order (something like moving the 4 teams that drafted first last round to the last 4 this round and moving everyone else up). Draft is tomorrow and I couldn't figure out how to set it up last night.

Thanks.

You can input a custom draft order right on the draft input tab, if the standard serpentine or straight are not valid for your league. Go to the draft input tab and switch the drop-down at the top to Custom. Then click on each name under the Original Draft Pick Owner columnn and a drop-down will appear for you to change the team. To save time, once you have a whole round input that repeats itself somewhere else, just highlight all the teams for that completed round, CTRL-C to copy and then move to the first spot in another round and CTRL-V to paste it there. That saves having to change every drop-down.

Just posted an impromptu update for the Compiler. The depth charts are updated, plus we dropped projections down to nil for each of Chris Brown, Rudi Johnson and Reche Caldwell. The full and final update is still scheduled for 9/2.