Sign in to follow this  
Natedawg

Trent Richardson - Signs with Oakland

How the HELL does a guy like this continuously fool so many? This signing MAKES 0 sense especially with Murray and Helu in the backfield. They can draft a RB on draft day to add depth.

The macfadden deal last year made 0 sense also. Its just the raiders.

So you guys are saying there is no way as a 3rd RB he can become good or decent? Maybe if he loses weight like BELL and INGRAM it might go him. Maybe the system could be a good for for him. Maybe he could be used as a short yardage back? For the amount of money and him being a 3rd stringer and almost no risk it seems like a good move imo. Low risk high reward.

• Like 1

Amazing how perspectives change after only one year.

Actually, now it's almost two years of poor play.

So you guys are saying there is no way as a 3rd RB he can become good or decent? Maybe if he loses weight like BELL and INGRAM it might go him. Maybe the system could be a good for for him. Maybe he could be used as a short yardage back? For the amount of money and him being a 3rd stringer and almost no risk it seems like a good move imo. Low risk high reward.

There's absolutely no reward here per his play over the past 3 seasons. Anyone that ever watches football can tell this dude got nuthing. This is a 2 year 3.9 million dollar deal. I rather select one of these kids in this year's draft...

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-RBs-2015-Draft.asp

There's absolutely no reward here per his play over the past 3 seasons. Anyone that ever watches football can tell this dude got nuthing. This is a 2 year 3.9 million dollar deal. I rather select one of these kids in this year's draft...

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-RBs-2015-Draft.asp

I agree with this. Trent's last shot was this past season when he knew he had to prove himself or be regarded as a bust. He did not but prove he was a bust. Now with Oakland who has no threat of a passing game do you honestly think he will do better? Indy had Luck defenses had to worry about. Now all defenses have to do is stack the box and let whoever is gonna be Qb try to beat them. I foresee Trent taking an even greater fall this year.

Helu and TRich must mean that regardless of the spark Latavius Murray showed last year the Raiders still don't trust him. I was hoping this year would be the year Latty emerged as a RB1. Now I'm questioning if he'll ever break out.

Helu and TRich must mean that regardless of the spark Latavius Murray showed last year the Raiders still don't trust him. I was hoping this year would be the year Latty emerged as a RB1. Now I'm questioning if he'll ever break out.

I doubt Murray will start this year. He definitely deserves a chance to but I don't think the Raiders coaching staff trusts him enough to hand him the keys. Expect Richardson to start with Helu coming in on passing downs and 2 minute drills like he did in Washington

Murray will start for sure. Richardson will be the short yardage guy. Helu will be the 3rd down back. Murray's gonna be a monster. I bet he finished in the top 5 in fantasy. Jmo

Murray will start for sure. Richardson will be the short yardage guy. Helu will be the 3rd down back. Murray's gonna be a monster. I bet he finished in the top 5 in fantasy. Jmo

the raiders don't have a great offensive line

I doubt Murray will start this year. He definitely deserves a chance to but I don't think the Raiders coaching staff trusts him enough to hand him the keys. Expect Richardson to start with Helu coming in on passing downs and 2 minute drills like he did in Washington

What are you smoking? They trust one of the worst backs in the league over a guy who looked explosive as hell? This doesnt make any sense. This is murrays third year. If he still cant be trusted then cut his ass from the team.

What are you smoking? They trust one of the worst backs in the league over a guy who looked explosive as hell? This doesnt make any sense. This is murrays third year. If he still cant be trusted then cut his ass from the team.

to be fair, it is the raiders we're talking about

to be fair, it is the raiders we're talking about

I guess anything is possible with them, but djb made it seem like the logical thing to do.

I guess anything is possible with them, but djb made it seem like the logical thing to do.

i'm with you

i'd run murray into the ground

Lol no. I'm not making it seem like it's logical. I want Murray to start. However it's the raiders and they have yet to give the guy the keys to the offense. Now they sign Richardson and Helu. I can just see them giving Murray the cold shoulder in favor of using Richardson as primary back with Helu coming in on passing downs. I know there's been a lot of love for Murray going around this board but that doesn't seem to translate to te raiders coaching staff. That's the point I'm trying to make

I'm interested in Mick's thoughts on this, but really it's going to have to wait till camp. IIRC Del Rio likes to stick with one main guy but these days you need depth and OAK needs to spend.

Came across this assessment from Matthew Berry today - and while I feel rotten for saying so, I'm afraid that I agree with him. (I just hope that we're all wrong) :

Latavius Murray, RB, Oakland: Look, it's not me who hates Latavius. It's Oakland. When the Raiders signed former running back Trent Richardson, I tweeted, "Who does Oakland hate more? Latavius Murray or their fans?" Well. Say this for Oakland fans. They are a passionate bunch who let me know their feelings, often with correctly spelled words. I don't get it. I feel BAD for Oakland fans. But they defended this move. Liked it, even. "It's just RB depth!" they typed. "It's competition for Murray!" they pecked away. "He used to be good!" they lied.

First, the Raiders have running back depth. They signed Roy Helu (a move I like). They have Marcel Reece (a very underrated and versatile player). They can sign some other guys. Many Oakland fans said there's no way the Raiders will play T-Rich instead of Murray, and that I was crazy. I may very well be nuts, said the guy who has been in therapy for a decade, but what on Earth makes you think the Raiders know what they're doing? We all saw what Murray could do in the preseason last year, and yet they kept sending McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew out there. Richardson has never been good. He was a valuable fantasy asset his rookie year because of the touchdowns and the pass catching, but seriously guys, he's not good. Murray could be something special. I have no confidence in Oakland figuring that out and if you think they do, you haven't been paying attention to that franchise the past decade.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR150326/matthew-berry-love-hate-free-agency-edition-fantasy-take-recent-moves

Edited to add: I just noticed what Berry did there, in the third sentence: "When the Raiders signed former running back Trent Richardson..." Har! :D

Came across this assessment from Matthew Berry today - and while I feel rotten for saying so, I'm afraid that I agree with him. (I just hope that we're all wrong) :

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR150326/matthew-berry-love-hate-free-agency-edition-fantasy-take-recent-moves

Edited to add: I just noticed what Berry did there, in the third sentence: "When the Raiders signed former running back Trent Richardson..." Har! :D

We don't know yet who will be the starting RB. However, when they signed both Helu and Richardson I could gather that Oakland doesn't seem interested in letting Murray be the bellcow. What I said earlier and stand by is that Oakland will probably have Richardson come in on early downs with Helu being the passing back and 2 minute drills similar to how he was in Washington. I really wish they would give Murray the keys but I just don't see it happening.

You're right on, except Murray will start, Helu will be the third down back, and Richardson will get 2 or 3 carries a game.

Have you seen TRich run the ball the past few seasons , I think the Raiders will also see that he is not the guy . I agree that Murray will be the stud Rb and not TRich . Helu will be the third down Rb . It's all good and only April so let's all take a deep breath . Still have the draft coming up so its all good .

Be careful when questioning a teams nfl smarts on here. Some people will remind you that they are professionals so the team must know more than you, even if all of the evidence goes against it.

yeah, you cant afford to have a player like him making $53 on your $200 cap.

dump him. you can likely buy him back at auction for less than $20

even then, I wouldnt buy him at that price, but some may.