ralphster

LeSean McCoy to the Bills

the writing was on the wall for this to happen

i thought he'd be moved in a package deal with draft picks

the writing was on the wall for this to happen

i thought he'd be moved in a package deal with draft picks

I thought this too - for Mariota...

Wow, this interesting on many levels.

First, trades can't even be completed officially until the March 10th but there certainly is a lot of smoke. Sounds like the teams have agreed to the deal and hopefully nothing spoils the trade between now and next week.

Hearing that there is no draft pick compensation in the deal... the Eagles get rid of McCoy's salary (3 years left at $10.25M, $6.9M and $7.6M.)

Holy carp!!! Although, we'll see how sexy-Rexy likes McCoy holding the football like a lough of bread, and the fumbles start tallying...

McCoy's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, says on Twitter there have been discussion but no deal has been finalized.

He kinda has to say that though doesn't he?

Rex knows BUF is going to get off the bus running until they can find the solution at QB. Get a game manager QB stand in, knuckle up that D and then run the ball all day long. The return of 4 yards and a cloud of dirt. Someone in Buffalo is gonna get the ball 'until he throws up' next year....

• Like 1

Good news for Sproles owners. He should see his receptions back up in the 70's. Polk isn't going to catch a lot of passes (although I do expect the Eagles will sign someone else in FA).

I don't see Sproles numbers in the 70es

Bump Mccoy down to Spiller status, without a QB the Bills arent doing jack.

This, totally

Good news for Sproles owners. He should see his receptions back up in the 70's. Polk isn't going to catch a lot of passes (although I do expect the Eagles will sign someone else in FA).

Better than average chance they look to draft someone like Duke Johnson, a McCoy play alike who would be a great fit in the Kelly offense.

...enter the (unsurprising) fallout:

C.J. Spiller: 'I won't be returning to Buffalo'
by R.J. White | CBSSports.com
(7:58 pm ET) Impending free-agent running back C.J. Spiller said Tuesday that he will not return to the Bills, who reportedly have a deal in place to acquire Eagles running back LeSean McCoy, the NFL Network reports.

"I won't be returning to Buffalo," Spiller said.

Spiller indicated in February in an interview on Sirius XM radio that he wanted to remain in Buffalo but that his fate was up to the team. He played in just nine games in 2014 due to a stint on injured reserve caused by a shoulder injury. Spiller finished with 300 yards on 78 carries and 125 yards on 19 receptions, scoring just one touchdown.

So in successive years the Chipper has removed the "faces of the franchise" in DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy. I know Shady counted $12 million against the cap, but he's still an elite RB. Chip believes in his system for certain, but now the Eagles have question marks at QB and RB. And sure Shady had a relatively disappointing season by his lofty standards, but he still finished 3rd in rushing.

McCoy could be a steal in this years draft. He's definitely gonna be running with a "Chip" on his shoulder.

• Like 1

can't be--badasses never leave the east. i keep expecting to wake up and see "lynch and sherman acquired by WAS, JJ watt traded to PHI (who also signed suh), and rodgers replaces eli for the new jersey blues, to unite with new teammate revis."

yes, i have a football persecution complex...

The Bills play the NFC East next season. And that game against the Eagles is in Philly.

• Like 1

Schefter reporting on roto

twitter: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264

Good move for the Eagles .

I think Philly made very unpopular, but savy move. I like it - it will make them better.

this is an interesting view of chip's view of shady

Lyons Yellin of WWL-TV in Louisiana has "heard rumblings" the Eagles have interest in free agent Mark Ingram.

Whereas Shady McCoy was an at-times improvisational east-west back, Ingram is a north-south runner whose addition in Philadelphia would constitute a changing of the guard. There were rumblings late in the year that coach Chip Kelly was displeased with McCoy's tendency to freelance in his running game, which also led to Bryce Brown's ouster last offseason. A more assignment-sound runner than McCoy, Ingram's fantasy stock would skyrocket in Philly.

ingram would be a nice addition for the eagles

Awesome move by chip.

You don't need a stud RB to win the Super Bowl.

especially when you're on the goal line with 30 seconds left, needing 6 for the win

• Like 1

Personally, I'd rather have a good linebacker over a great RB, but I think this is a good move for the Eagles. That said, they could have been better at using McCoy. He is better than their gameplan for him.

GREAT trade by Philly. Not sure where all the negative comments are comming from in the media -- Philly traded a RB who had a down year with a lot of milage for a potential really good young LB albeit coming off injury. RB's may win FF superbowls but not in the NFL. Rb is the easier person to replace while a Young LB who had a really good rookie year then sat out a year with a ACL has a lot of potential upside - and Philly still did well last year despite Shady not playing well.

• Like 1

What's Fred Jackson's team status? Is he a free agent?

As fast as I know he's under contract.

Just as a player to player swap I think losing McCoy hurts the Eagles more than gaining Alonso helps. Factor in their salaries and positional value / longevity though and I can see why they did the deal.

Here's hoping they sign a mid-level vet and also address RB in the draft. Polk is purely short yardage and Sproles is a gadget player. They either need a bellcow or more than one back who could handle 200 carries if necessary.

A team that runs as much as Philly and plays at that pace should be carrying 4 RBs on the roster.

Just as a player to player swap I think losing McCoy hurts the Eagles more than gaining Alonso helps. Factor in their salaries and positional value / longevity though and I can see why they did the deal.

Here's hoping they sign a mid-level vet and also address RB in the draft. Polk is purely short yardage and Sproles is a gadget player. They either need a bellcow or more than one back who could handle 200 carries if necessary.

A team that runs as much as Philly and plays at that pace should be carrying 4 RBs on the roster.

shady was making too much and i don't think chip likes his running style

would rather see ingram or d.murray in philly

shady was making too much and i don't think chip likes his running style

would rather see ingram or d.murray in philly

Agreed on McCoy's money and style but I think Eagles fans are overestimating how easy it is to replace a dual threat RB who can handle 350+ touches while staying healthy and playing at a high level. Those kinds of backs don't grow on trees.

I would prefer a mid-level free agent plus a draft pick. Looking at the available RBs something like Mathews or Powell / Helu plus a pick makes sense. They really should draft a RB too because Sproles is purely a gadget and I have no faith in Polk's ability to handle 150-200+ carries. Unless you're counting on Ingram morphing into a bellcow back? I'm not.

You can forget Murray. The Eagles are not going to replace McCoy with another expensive back who has a lot of tread and is coming off a huge workload last season.