Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

The *** Official *** Chip Kelly failures tracking thread

Thought there was a thread about Chip Kelly, but not finding one. So not sure where to start with this guy, but this is an easy first for the list.

From Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Eagles would trade Matt Barkley for "a late draft pick."

Just not a very talented player, Barkley lacks NFL-caliber arm strength and athleticism. The Eagles would do well to get a sixth-round pick for him. He's struggled to beat out G.J. Kinne for third-string duties in Philadelphia, with only Barkley's higher draft status keeping him on the 53-man roster.
I would say Matt Barkley isn't even worth a 7th round pick at this point. We shall see.
Please add to this thread as you see it when it comes to Chip Kelly's dumb decisions.

My thoughts:

1. Barkley was a 4th round pick. Had he come out of college a year early he'd have been a Top 10 pick. Considering the low investment vs the potential reward this wouldn't be much of a failure if he was outright cut.

2. Kelly didn't make the pick anyway.

3. Is there some kind of Masengil for the anus Cowboy fans can use to get over being butthurt about Murray?

Barkley for a 4th was a steal for a potential top pick. Now a bust, he can be cut and its no biggie. chip not taking that first rnd pick from the Browns for Bradford is a huge mistake, Sam is terrible. If he deals bradford and somehow gets Mariota in the draft without losing all his other picks it will be a win...until they find out Mariota is a gadget qb piece of crap...but that wont be admitted for a few years.

My thoughts:

3. Is there some kind of Masengil for the anus Cowboy fans can use to get over being butthurt about Murray?

jerry never leaves home without some lube

Sam is not terrible . He can't stay healthy , but terrible . You do know that in the Old Testament that the word terrible means special.

Sam is not terrible . He can't stay healthy , but terrible . You do know that in the Old Testament that the word terrible means special.

the word special in america is associated with a short bus

the word special in america is associated with a short bus

Speaking of short bus, has anybody seen FlaHawker lately?

It's getting too nice around here, I'm enjoying the forum too much. We need to find a new fourth grade wannabe gangsta with bad grammar to insult the rest of us constantly.

failure to comprehend emotional affect is indicative of autism. last time PHI got hold of a player that jerry wanted, it was an overinvestment named nnamdi.

now you guys overspent again. that $8.4M would have been much better spent on defense. our reaction to this?

:clap:

failure to comprehend emotional affect is indicative of autism. last time PHI got hold of a player that jerry wanted, it was an overinvestment named nnamdi.

now you guys overspent again. that $8.4M would have been much better spent on defense. our reaction to this?

Really? So you would have watched both play quite a bit, especially Murray, and you think the Eagles are worse off with him and without Shady? I always thought the book on DeMarco was that he'd be really good if he could stay healthy. And now that he's stayed healthy, I'm thinking that was very accurate assessment, he was really good last year.

the question is not whether murray would be better suited than mccoy for the system. he is, and his acquisition hurts dallas (though he would have left dallas anyway). the question is whether it is wise to add an expensive stable of RBs to a team that is already very effective on offense due to its scheme, when that money could have been invested in the defense instead.

as i've posted in other threads, the offense was not the reason that PHI didn't go to the playoffs. the offense was more than good enough, even with a reject at QB and a RB that didn't fit the system. the problem was a suspect defense that couldn't be counted on. but instead of saving money to add talent to a weak defense (like DAL is doing), PHI decided to blow their load on murray.

had PHI spent that $8.4M on adding quality defensive starters through free agency, they would unquestionably be the favorites to win the east. take a hyperproductive offensive scheme and a solid OL, then substitute bradford for sanchez, and mathews/sproles/1st round RB for mccoy. the already-good offense will get better. then add 2 quality defensive starters in free agency--the defense will get better. at that point, PHI would clearly outclass DAL in terms of overall talent.

what you fans got instead is a big name to sell jerseys with and cheer for, but a very questionable balance of power with DAL.

long story short, adding murray makes your offense better. spending that money on your defense would have made your team more betterer.

• Like 1

I didn't particularly want Murray. But now that we have him, the crybaby meltdown from Dallas is giving me a lot of evil fun.

For a guy you don't want you guys sure seem out of torque. :overhead:

Chip Kelly has basically mortgaged his career and future in Philly on Sam Bradford. To have traded for him after not playing for 2 years - and bend over and shell out a 2nd and 4th for him - if this doesn't work his head will be on a platter.... On the flip side, if it does work - he will get the key to the city.

DAL has a zillion compensatory picks. i'd trade a 6th for barkley without batting an eyelash.

Why? Barkley sucks ass and will continue to suck ass.

Chip Kelly has basically mortgaged his career and future in Philly on Sam Bradford. To have traded for him after not playing for 2 years - and bend over and shell out a 2nd and 4th for him - if this doesn't work his head will be on a platter.... On the flip side, if it does work - he will get the key to the city.

That's a bit much. He gave up more for Bradford than I would've but this was hardly an RGIII-type trade. Bradford could flop and the Eagles could still be alright if they hit elsewhere

That's a bit much. He gave up more for Bradford then I would've but this was hardly an RGIII-type trade. Bradford could flop and the Eagles could still be alright if they hit elsewhere

This is a QB driven league - and the Iggs don't have the old Tampa Bucs defense to bail them out. If Bradford flops - they go in the tank.

That's a bit much. He gave up more for Bradford then I would've but this was hardly an RGIII-type trade. Bradford could flop and the Eagles could still be alright if they hit elsewhere

enter tebow

You'll have to forgive Cruzer: He's been in near hysterics since last week.

my memory may be bad, but IIRC, cruzer has said from the outset that DAL was better off letting murray walk and investing that money in the defense. seems to me, PHI doing exactly the opposite is extra-gravy.

my memory may be bad, but IIRC, cruzer has said from the outset that DAL was better off letting murray walk and investing that money in the defense. seems to me, PHI doing exactly the opposite is extra-gravy.

Cowboys fans sound like the guy who gets dumped and can't stop telling everybody how he's better off without the b1tch for years. :lol:

I know it's quite a long time before you and the birds get a chance to redeem yourself after that humiliating ass beating you took at the Linc - but you have to find something else to occupy your time. The signing is over, yet you seem to be still hanging on to it... Have another cookie.

Cowboys fans sound like the guy who gets dumped and can't stop telling everybody how he's better off without the b1tch for years. :lol:

You're the only one still bringing it up - obsess much?

You're the only one still bringing it up - obsess much?

It was a butthurt Cowboys fan who started this thread. :(

It was a butthurt Cowboys fan who started this thread. :(

And in it he never mentions Murray's name - not once. I believe Barkley was the only one he mentions... It's okay, have some more milk too - make it a tall glass. :(

maybe.

but PHI fans sound like the unshaven, sweaty, not-quite-obese guy who slouches at the bar every night, ranting and whining to the bartender about how all bitches are shallow because they only pay attention to rich, well-groomed guys who own their own homes and drive nice cars.

and somehow can't understand why he hasn't gotten laid since 1960.

it's ok though--you guys will find a girl someday. you have a lot of love to give.

code words: beating, cowboys, butthurt, ass, milk

You don't even make sense. At first I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I'm starting to believe you really are retarded, or 12.

You don't even make sense. At first I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I'm starting to believe you really are retarded, or 12.

or drunk

maybe.

but PHI fans sound like the unshaven, sweaty, not-quite-obese guy who slouches at the bar every night, ranting and whining to the bartender about how all bitches are shallow because they only pay attention to rich, well-groomed guys who own their own homes and drive nice cars.

Not me: I am one of the rich well groomed guys. :bandana:

Okay, so I have 3-day stubble and I'm more middle class than rich. But I drive a 10-year old Volvo, does that count for something? :dunno:

update: signs Tim Tebow

LOL

Honestly, how can anyone make fun of Chip at this point? He turned a 4-12 team into a playoff team his first year. Sure there were setbacks last year but Id say hes been a pretty solid coach. Lets see in 11 days what happens.

Honestly, how can anyone make fun of Chip at this point? He turned a 4-12 team into a playoff team his first year. Sure there were setbacks last year but Id say hes been a pretty solid coach. Lets see in 11 days what happens.

i hate the eagles, but i agree with this. chip looks like he's flailing, but he might be crazy like a fox. we won't know until we see the product he puts on the field.

He traded McCoy for Kiko, signed Murray and Mathews. LOL id take that all day.

And gave up Maclin and Foles. Brought in Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow.

On NFL radio this AM, I was surprised to hear the support of this. Obviously Ross Tucker is a Eagles fan and spins it favorably. But I seem to recall him bashing the hell out of Tebow in the past and BEFORE he was an Eagle. I'm sorry, but this is worse than the Dream Team that Philly built a few years ago. Enjoy the media circus Philly! It's coming!

I agree it's awsome go Tebow

Will I have no love for him . But it's good to see someone getting a break who has not beaten up his g/f or wife or kids or killed someone .