Sign in to follow this  
DankNuggs

Aliens vs religion

Would the presence of alien life by definition nullify religious theory? According to Morgan Freeman there are too many throws of the proverbial dice for intelligent alien life not to exist or have existed previously elsewhere in the universe. Religion has always been earth centric.

That ish cray

Whachu' order fish fillet?

Would the presence of alien life by definition nullify religious theory? According to Morgan Freeman there are too many throws of the proverbial dice for intelligent alien life not to exist or have existed previously elsewhere in the universe. Religion has always been earth centric.

That ish cray

How could anyone possible know this???

How could anyone possible know this???

Because Jesus was sent to EARTH to die for OUR sins. It's the point of the entire f'ing bible Gary. Jesus Christ man.

Because Jesus was sent to EARTH to die for OUR sins. It's the point of the entire f'ing bible Gary. Jesus Christ man.

Exactamundo.

We'll see how well Jesus' Muhammid's, Bhudda's and everybody else's message plays to the aliens. I'm sure they'll be excited.

It'll probably be as well received as their missionaries' enlisting us to worshipping the one true octopus god- created in their image- of course.

"In the beginning, Blorg created the heavens and Ytzypah."

Praise Blorg! Praise Blorg!

That ish cray

Change that to Abrahamic religions, and you're right. I've no expert, but it seems others like Hinduism, Buddhism, and *sigh* Scientology would be more accepting of aliens.

Change that to Abrahamic religions, and you're right. I've no expert, but it seems others like Hinduism, Buddhism, and *sigh* Scientology would be more accepting of aliens.

Agreed. Christian based religion has no place for aliens. Unless someone is going to claim God created a bunch of Jesus clones for the entire universe. But he couldn't just do that, because Melmac Jesus would look like Alf and Endor Jesus would look like an Ewok. Everybody knows Jesus looked like Woody Allen.

I don't make claims to know if either god (jesus flavor) or aliens are real. I just don't think the two can coexist.

I'm a believer of BOTH, and both are due to personal experiences.

:thumbsup:

Well im convinced. Mystery solved.

Aliens enter through the mouth. Not the bagina or anus. See the "Aliens " trilogy?

The bible doesn't talk about physical life God created outside of the life on earth. Angels and demons (spirits) are talked about though.

That said, I definitely lean to there not being physical, sentient life outside of on earth, but I don't reckon (not that it can't be, I haven't studied it) that's biblically communicated as fact either.

At the same time, I do believe that Satan exists, and he knows how to play man really well. I'll have to find the passages that spur this thought, but from my understanding of the bible it wouldn't surprise me if there's a time where mankind in general believes it has experienced extra-terrestrial life in some facet, to the end of militant rejection of God. I don't think it would be a driving factor of it, just a contributory one, of many. It is communicated that evil will abound the further that God draws his presence away in the latter days.

If I was around then, the spirit of the reception it gets and the paradigm shift happening would probably steer my impression of what we were actually experiencing.

Sounds cray-cray but you have to with this topic...

OMG.

Little Rusty.... please expand on your personal experiences.

:hyper:

The bible doesn't talk about physical life God created outside of the life on earth. Angels and demons (spirits) are talked about though.

That said, I definitely lean to there not being physical, sentient life outside of on earth, but I don't reckon (not that it can't be, I haven't studied it) that's biblically communicated as fact either.

At the same time, I do believe that Satan exists, and he knows how to play man really well. I'll have to find the passages that spur this thought, but from my understanding of the bible it wouldn't surprise me if there's a time where mankind in general believes it has experienced extra-terrestrial life in some facet, to the end of militant rejection of God. I don't think it would be a driving factor of it, just a contributory one, of many. It is communicated that evil will abound the further that God draws his presence away in the latter days.

If I was around then, the spirit of the reception it gets and the paradigm shift happening would probably steer my impression of what we were actually experiencing.

Sounds cray-cray but you have to with this topic...

Do you know what the Hebrew word satan means? It's certainly not some mythological fallen angel, that's for sure. Did you know the Angel of the Lord is called satan? The The Hebrew word "satan" is not a bad word at all. It simply means "adversary". Of course an "adversary" of Christ is a bad thing, like the 1st century Pharisee, Sadducees, and Scribes were. Peter is also called "satan" by Christ. Is Peter some kind of a fallen Angel? Or just a flesh and blood man?

The Hebrew masculine noun שָׂטָן (satan) simply means adversary. It's not a name at all. The Hebrew root word is the verb שָׂטַן(satan), which means to be an adversary or to oppose.

Zech 3:1 uses both Hebrew words, but why doesn't it get translated as satan both times? One time the English translators want you to think that satan is a name, and the other time they do not. So they leave the word "untranslated" on purpose. Because they believe in mythological fallen angels.

Zech 3:1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. Both times in this verse the Hebrew word שָׂטַן(satan)is used, but one time it is left untranslated, and the other time it is translated properly into "resist".

Now here is where the Angel of the Lord is called satan.

Num 22:21And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversaryשָׂטַן(satan) against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him. As you can see, the Hebrew word "satan" was properly translated to "adversary" here.

Fallen angels like satan and the lot of them are mythology and nothing more.

Religion is subjective, so believers will alter their ideology to include aliens as God's creation. There is no way to disprove something that has no logical basis - until you die.

Do you know what the Hebrew word satan means? It's certainly not some mythological fallen angel, that's for sure. Did you know the Angel of the Lord is called satan? The The Hebrew word "satan" is not a bad word at all. It simply means "adversary". Of course an "adversary" of Christ is a bad thing, like the 1st century Pharisee, Sadducees, and Scribes were. Peter is also called "satan" by Christ. Is Peter some kind of a fallen Angel? Or just a flesh and blood man?

The Hebrew masculine noun שָׂטָן (satan) simply means adversary. It's not a name at all. The Hebrew root word is the verb שָׂטַן(satan), which means to be an adversary or to oppose.

Zech 3:1 uses both Hebrew words, but why doesn't it get translated as satan both times? One time the English translators want you to think that satan is a name, and the other time they do not. So they leave the word "untranslated" on purpose. Because they believe in mythological fallen angels.

Zech 3:1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. Both times in this verse the Hebrew word שָׂטַן(satan)is used, but one time it is left untranslated, and the other time it is translated properly into "resist".

Now here is where the Angel of the Lord is called satan.

Num 22:21And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.

22And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversaryשָׂטַן(satan) against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him. As you can see, the Hebrew word "satan" was properly translated to "adversary" here.

Fallen angels like satan and the lot of them are mythology and nothing more.

How I understand scripture is that there's more than one name/descriptor the real being is referred to with. "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44.

When Christ said "Get behind me Satan" to Peter, from the context you can tell it was the spirit behind where Peter was coming from that Christ was calling out. There I wouldn't agree Peter was being called a fallen angel either. The devil is an adversary so that word works. Peter's motivation in wanting to prevent Christ's death (though you can sympathize with him) was adversarial to Christ's purpose. Also relevant there. That doesn't establish that the being is mythological, but I assume you gather that because of an overarching doctrinal perception you have.

I do believe that Santa exists

Really ? How old are you Naomi ??? :wub:

Why on earth (apropos)...

:overhead: <--- over my head :dunno:

:overhead: <--- over my head :dunno:

You punctuated suggestion that I was little (like kid little) with a :wub:

It had a pedo vibe.

You punctuated suggestion that I was little (like kid little) with a :wub:

It had a pedo vibe.

AHHHHH It was a bad joke gone awfully wrong.......

I see it now. but I still :wub: Naomi :banana:

Alien life is further irrefutable proof for Intelligent Design.

Despite all laws of science, the universe began and life happened. This is scientifically impossible. But, with proof of alien life outside of Earth, this is another example of the impossible. When you have a number of impossible occurrences, taking the most obvious explanation, Intelligent Design is the bee's knees.

How much vodka went into this here post ??

AHHHHH It was a bad joke gone awfully wrong.......

I see it now. but I still :wub: Naomi :banana:

Can't leave this unresponded to so :cheers:

Anal probing?

How much vodka went into this here post ??

I'm fairly certain that I was consuming my morning oatmeal at the time. And rum.

Screams and nightmares Of a life I want Can't see living this lie no A world I haunt You've lost all control of my Heart and soul Satan holds my future Watch it unfold

I am the antichrist It's what I was meant to be Your God left me behind And set my soul to be free Watching disciples Of the satanic rule Pentagram of blood Holds the jackal's truth Searching for the answer Christ hasn't come Awaiting the final moment The birth of satan's son

Screams, From a life I live Torment, Is what I give Torture, Is what I love The down fall, Of the heavens above

I am the antichrist All love is lost Insanity is what I am Eternally my soul will rot

ROT!... ROT!

The aliens created or are the cause of our religions. Why do you think there are so many different ones out there? It's because way back when, they landed in different parts of the world and early man mistook them as gods because they had never seen anything like it before. Hell, at the time man could not even imagine flight much less some creature from outer-space swooping down and anal probing them. :wub:

Screams and nightmares Of a life I want Can't see living this lie no A world I haunt You've lost all control of my Heart and soul Satan holds my future Watch it unfold

I am the antichrist It's what I was meant to be Your God left me behind And set my soul to be free Watching disciples Of the satanic rule Pentagram of blood Holds the jackal's truth Searching for the answer Christ hasn't come Awaiting the final moment The birth of satan's son

Screams, From a life I live Torment, Is what I give Torture, Is what I love The down fall, Of the heavens above

I am the antichrist All love is lost Insanity is what I am Eternally my soul will rot

ROT!... ROT!

Burt Baccarat's new single?

Anal probing?

Too broad of a question, wouldn't narrow it down at all, still could be Aliens or Catholic Priests.

Religion is subjective, so believers will alter their ideology to include aliens as God's creation. There is no way to disprove something that has no logical basis - until you die.

This. It's real easy to manipulate a point of view that can't be proven.

Ehh...I'm not usually into these crossovers, but when does it come out? :dunno:

I want to hear Lil Rusty's Randy Quaid-esque Independance Day stories of alien abduction and revenge :overhead:

Hey I used to watch Alf, think I'm in this catagory too. :music_guitarred:

You would expect someone with faith to excuse where it's logically defeated, by amending what their belief system accommodates...you know there are people with faith out there who can't roll that way?

Also if someone believes God created everything, which is what most theists believe, there's no alteration.

You would expect someone with faith to excuse where it's logically defeated, by amending what their belief system accommodates...you know there are people with faith out there who can't roll that way?

Also if someone believes God created everything, which is what most theists believe, there's no alteration.

Yes - excluding strict fundamentalists who literally interpret everything in their religious text. That doesn't describe the majority of believers.

Your second statement is a great example why religion cannot be discussed logically. Who created God?

Your second statement is a great example why religion cannot be discussed logically. Who created God?

"I am that I am."

If you can conceive of that, whether you believe it or not, :thumbsup: Logic doesn't mean you limit what you can conceptually recognize to the laws the natural world is ruled by. If you believe something you take on faith, yes- it doesn't happen from logical reasoning. But there's a difference between that and believing something that conflicts with your logical reasoning.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Not sure where you're coming from with that (could see someone throwing it out for a limited creation thought) :dunno: