Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

PA family ordered by HOA to take down "Jesus" decoration

Meh, they knew they were moving into an HOA. You dont like it, live somewhere else

"People get offended by different things, but just because something offends you, doesn't mean the whole world has to change to accommodate you, so I would say please be more tolerant," Mark Wivell said.

Smart woman.

Neat woman name. Mark?

Nope. Christmas decor is allowed. They first said it was offensive. Now have backstroked and called it a "sign" which is prohibited. Tackiness has nothing to do with it.

I live in an HOA and they would not allow that kind of tacky sh1t either. Nor would anyone want them to, thats why they live in an HOA :dunno:

Nope. Completely different

How? Both are overt displays of Christianity, shoved right there in your face. Churches, in fact, sometimes have LED display boards shouting out their message.

I live in an HOA and they would not allow that kind of tacky sh1t either. Nor would anyone want them to, thats why they live in an HOA :dunno:

But Christmas decorations were allowed. Why did they make him take it down?

But Christmas decorations were allowed. Why did they make him take it down?

Because its tacky as hell.

You can't enter heaven unless Jesus enters you.

Boom chicka wa wa.

Nobody is arguing that its tacky,are they? And from the article, it doesnt specify that overly tacky decor isnt allowed. Does the HOA have authority to randomly enforce what they dont like? Who knows? My only question is why did the HOA deem it offensive because one little snowflake complained? And then backtrack and say its because its a sign and not decor?

it is likely covered in the HOA C,C, & R's. typically there are restrictions regarding aesthetics as decorations/signs impact all homeowners.

If it said Santas Workshop would that be considered a sign?

it is likely covered in the HOA C,C, & R's. typically there are restrictions regarding aesthetics as decorations/signs impact all homeowners.

This would be a non story if the convo was like this...

HOA: Mr Smith, HOA rules prohibit decor with religious context, it needs to come down.

But it most likely was like this...

Snowflake: I hate Jesus! This decoration is offensive. Make Mr Smith take it down. I almost wrecked my Subaru!

HOA: Sure Mr Snowflake, anything you say. We would hate for you to be triggered.

HOA: Mr Smith, Mr Snowflake is offended by your Jesus decor. It has to go.

Mr Smith: Bullsh!t. Nothing in covenants govern decor except Jan 15 is deadline to take it down.

HOA: uh uh uh...we mean that its a sign. Yeah, that it. Its a sign. Signs are prohibited. It has to go.

HOA: Mr Smith, HOA rules prohibit decor with religious context, it needs to come down.

Snowflake: I hate Jesus! This decoration is offensive. Make Mr Smith take it down. I almost wrecked my Subaru!

HOA: Sure Mr Snowflake, anything you say. We would hate for you to be triggered.

Mr Smith: Bullsh!t. Nothing in covenants govern decor except Jan 15 is deadline to take it down.

HOA: uh uh uh...we mean that its a sign. Yeah, that it. Its a sign. Signs are prohibited. It has to go.

Somebodys triggered alright :rolleyes:

Thats possible.

Its also possible that this isnt the first go round of this war, and the guy put out a tacky as hell sign on purpose to p!ss his neighbor off.

Who knows?

Id say its likely a case of Uber sensitive atheist zealot snowflake vs. butthurt war on Christmas persecuted Christian snowflake.

Also...what's with libs calling conservatives snowflakes?

I mean, is that it? You call the other person what you are? That's it? So...that would be like libs telling Trump to show his birth certificate, because libs don't believe he was born in in the U.S?

I realize there are sides, but snowflakes need to stick to their side, and defend themselves accordingly, rather than using the "I"m rubber and you're glue" rhyme that we used in 3rd grade.

• Like 1

I mean, is that it? You call the other person what you are? That's it? So...that would be like libs telling Trump to show his birth certificate, because libs don't believe he was born in in the U.S?

I realize there are sides, but snowflakes need to stick to their side, and defend themselves accordingly, rather than using the "I"m rubber and you're glue" rhyme that we used in 3rd grade.

Basically, yes.

This is exactly the kind of thing a cuck says

The term snowflake basically means someone who whines and cries like a poosay over largely irrelevant or imaginary bullsh!t.

Since both sides do it, I use it for both.

Yep. Somewhere along the line the irony meter went off the charts.! They hate us! They keep calling us stupid! They wont let us say Christmas! The media hates us and picks on us!! There's a snowflake on my coffee cup! Why isn't Jesus on my coffee cup! Butt butt butt Hillary! Butt butt butt Obama! But but but Millard Fillmore! The Comedians laugh at us!

Sort of a natural byproduct of constantly flipping the victim card.

Trump and by extension his followers are almost comically drawn caricatures of your classic bully. Trump spent the last two years insulting and belittling anyone and everything in his path, now whines that people are being mean to him.

Something about that old saying of dishing it out and taking it don't you know.