Sign in to follow this  
Artista

It Was Sat..It Was Sun..Now It's Mon..

2.5 hours till housekeeper comes to do a deep clean of my place. Looks like a tornado hit in here. Energy out the door so wherever things fall, it stays. She's going to love me today.. :lol:

What's on tap for you guys?

Seems to me you should have done this like a few hours ago then. ? Maybe wait till evening now. They have all kinds of strap on ice packs. I have one for my neck and it keeps me cool.

Wife and kids went to the in laws. I've got yard work today, then out for a friend's 40th tonight.

House is so quiet.

Also have to get all their crap ready for school starting Wednesday

Hitting the gym in about 15 minutes. DJing a wedding later this afternoon.

Hitting the gym in about 15 minutes. DJing a wedding later this afternoon.

I can only go 3 days a week for about a hour and 15 minutes each day now. Kind of miss hitting it for about 2 hours. Hard to cram everything in each week.

• Like 1

- my daughter is starring in a play this weekend, matinee showing today at 3 :thumbsup:

bad news is my gf's family made the trip up to catch this performance ... and, let's just say i don't really get along with her kinfolk :thumbsdown:

so while they are currently out to lunch, i'm banging back the Jim Beam, rocks :cheers:

only problem is that last time i day drank this sh!t on an empty stomach, i had a geyser-like pukefest which lasted to the wee hours of the next morning :blink:

FUN DAY COMIN' UP :banana:

2.5 hours till housekeeper comes to do a deep clean of my place. Looks like a tornado hit in here. Energy out the door so wherever things fall, it stays. She's going to love me today.. :lol:

What's on tap for you guys?

Geez you have a housekeeper? what a lazy entitled diva.

:wave: jk

Geez you have a housekeeper? what a lazy entitled diva.

:wave: jk

I guess you could call me an entitled diva...........................................if someone else was flipping the bill for me.. <_<

:lol:

Doing lawn work in late July in Florida..... my balls might sweat a little. :wave:

Wasn't any better in middle Tennessee.

Focking hot as fock.

Watching one of my fav Eddie Murphy flicks, Beverley Hills Cop, while getting highly intoxicated with cleaning fumes!..... wooooo weeeee! Maybe I won't need chemo after today.. :unsure:

Watching one of my fav Eddie Murphy flicks, Beverley Hills Cop, while getting highly intoxicated with cleaning fumes!..... wooooo weeeee! Maybe I won't need chemo after today.. :unsure:

Dont mix bleach and amonia. People have gotten seriously focked up doing that.

• Like 1

My wife had to go to a baby shower (never been happier to not have a vagina). I put the kid down for a nap, worked on the front lawn and took a nap myself.

• Like 1

Dont mix bleach and amonia. People have gotten seriously focked up doing that.

No ammonia. Just various cleaners like oven cleaner, bleach, glass cleaner, Ajax...... It's quite the recipe for loopiness! :wacko:

Grocery shopping, went to the gym, made pierogies / kielbasa for dinner and took my son to the urban farm to feed the chickens and duck. Going to take him to bed in an hour and hopefully get my drink on and get into the missus panties. :wub:

• Like 1

My wife had to go to a baby shower (never been happier to not have a vagina). I put the kid down for a nap, worked on the front lawn and took a nap myself.

And now just threw a couple of steaks on the grill. Not a bad Saturday, all said.

• Like 1

Painted my best friend's mom's deck today. In return, I thinkshe tried to feed me about 17 pounds of pasta and all the fixings.

Grocery shopping, went to the gym, made pierogies / kielbasa for dinner and took my son to the urban farm to feed the chickens and duck. Going to take him to bed in an hour and hopefully get my drink on and get into the missus panties. :wub:[/quote

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll, 8 hours later and my poor housekeeper needs to come back for a few hours Monday evening! :lol: Got into the going through everything to let's just toss all the shiiiiiiiiiiit out and make this place feel like I just moved in with everything in place. Or I should say set it up for someone with minimal range of motion who's going to be feeling like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :(

Going through my bazillion clothing items will be done much later on as does some other closets that God knows what's in there. If I don't miss it by now after 7.5 years here, I obviously don't need it. But then if I see it I may decide I need it, and it goes back in the closet again.. :ninja:

Don't worry folks, she's getting a big tip. 8 hours and she hasn't sat down or taken a breather---and she hasn't left just yet. I had to talk her into putting her water bottle in the fridge cuz it was friggin warm today to be sitting out. Offered her ice tea, ginger ale, root beer, ice water but she stuck to her 1 average size water bottle.

Top that suckas!

Went to the OC Fair this morning, with the fam.

Now wife is at movies with kid, and I'm about to watch UFC with my brother.

Might do a little studying for the upcoming DNDL rookie draft this coming Monday. Still don't know who I'm picking with 1.06.

• Like 1

Make it 9 hours... she just left, and she isn't pooped one bit! :shocking: I helped a little and I'm beat and in a bit of pain.

Really feeling the time ticking now.. ! :shocking: 4 days left of feeling whole. "Amputation" of sort is really what it is, even though in a few months I'll have the implants inflated and look normal again.

For those of you following my journey thread, remember the cute all cotton bag of goodies that'll help me the volunteers gave me at the hospital I had posted pics of? There are many items that I'll never use that are cute. I came up with a great idea! I'm going to give the bear, the blanket, the daily planner, word for the day pamphlet, and the journal with the bag to Maria (bff friends sis) who was just diagnosed with liver/colon/pancreas cancer last week. It's cute and all but not my style. Totally hers, and bonus, it's all her favorite colors!! Yay! Can't wait for Wed now to surprise her with it when we all have the final dinner together which includes my bro.

On tap today? hmmmm. I'm pretty ahead of the 8 ball with my to do stuff. Organize notes that I've taken from cancer boards to where I have it for easy ref, my usual long azz nap.....pretty much chilling. This is my final day of nothing really. Tomorrow is errands, Tues is meeting my med onc in Berkeley to talk strategy, Wed bro drives up from LA arriving around 1 pm, after my nuclear injection appt at the hospital. Then it's off to purchase what's left to get as bro insists he wants to get stuff for me. Not counting med bills, this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit is expensive with tips on get this, have this on hand.. :shocking: Judging from the list, he will need his visa. :lol: Oy.

So what's up with you guys this fine Sunday day?

Tackle box and a cane pole :)

I thought you doc guys were always on the golf course on Sundays.. Back when I worked for surg it would have been faster to just drive to the gc he goes to to find him than call him. :lol:

Well, with any luck, today will be the last day in the wheelchair. Supposed to get my new legs tomorrow. Kind of a mixed blessing, though. With the chair I could just hook my oxygen and colostomy bag on the back. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.But I'm confident, That my In home health care nurse Will help me, She's been a real blessing since my seeing eye dog died.

- my daughter is starring in a play this weekend, matinee showing today at 3 :thumbsup:

bad news is my gf's family made the trip up to catch this performance ... and, let's just say i don't really get along with her kinfolk :thumbsdown:

so while they are currently out to lunch, i'm banging back the Jim Beam, rocks :cheers:

only problem is that last time i day drank this sh!t on an empty stomach, i had a geyser-like pukefest which lasted to the wee hours of the next morning :blink:

FUN DAY COMIN' UP :banana:

It's Sunday now......Update?

Well, with any luck, today will be the last day in the wheelchair. Supposed to get my new legs tomorrow. Kind of a mixed blessing, though. With the chair I could just hook my oxygen and colostomy bag on the back. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.But I'm confident, That my In home health care nurse Will help me, She's been a real blessing since my seeing eye dog died.

:blink:

played a double header this AM and I pulled my groin. Alos ran into the outfield fence once and have nice welt on my shin.

played a double header this AM and I pulled my groin. Alos ran into the outfield fence once and have nice welt on my shin.

:o Sounds to me like it's time for you to kick it up somewhere with a cold one for the rest of the day. Doesn't sound like this would be a good day to do anything more physically... :lol: sorry...

yesterday was pretty nice... had to go in to do inventory for a half day, but free after that. daughter had a sleep over and mrs and i went to a couple of places for drinks. weren't too hungry and did apps for dinner. came home and watched movies.

today... planning menu for the week. picking up daughter. might do a little swimming (a little overcast right now). dinner later with my parents at a good italian restaurant in san rafael...

http://ildavide.net/index.html

yesterday was pretty nice... had to go in to do inventory for a half day, but free after that. daughter had a sleep over and mrs and i went to a couple of places for drinks. weren't too hungry and did apps for dinner. came home and watched movies.

today... planning menu for the week. picking up daughter. might do a little swimming (a little overcast right now). dinner later with my parents at a good italian restaurant in san rafael...

http://ildavide.net/index.html

Nice! San Rafael isn't far. Let me know what you think of that restaurant. I like to venture out of the Bay Area to try out nice eateries. Well, when I'm put back together again.

Nice! San Rafael isn't far. Let me know what you think of that restaurant. I like to venture out of the Bay Area to try out nice eateries. Well, when I'm put back together again.

it is very good. before our move to colorado in 01, we used to dine there once or twice per month as we lived closer (larkspur and novato).

It's Sunday now......Update?

- went just about as I foresaw

had to suffer one yokel blag on about his 'kil-zo-nee' (calzone) for the better part of 10 minutes during intermission ... I had a Snapple botte full of Red Stag, so I was saucin' up throughout.

got a great freakin buzz on, took awesome video of the play, and generally avoided the Hayseeds as best I could.

they all went out for ice cream afterwards, and I went in the other direction to the bar ... talked ponies and American Pharoh with a retired trainer who was getting absolutely sh1tfaced 😂

once i was informed that all of the Clampetts had piled into Jed's truck for their trip home, I came back, and spent a solid hour of daddy/daughter time with my kid ... just hangin' in the yard and chatting about anything she had on her mind.

that hour with her made all the BS insignificant, and was the highlight of the weekend 👍

Surprising feel good after a night of bourbon and beer.

Though, a few hours in the sun this afternoon may not feel great...son has 2 soccer "games"...more like scrimmages today against another team in our club.

- went just about as I foresaw

had to suffer one yokel blag on about his 'kil-zo-nee' (calzone) for the better part of 10 minutes during intermission ... I had a Snapple botte full of Red Stag, so I was saucin' up throughout.

got a great freakin buzz on, took awesome video of the play, and generally avoided the Hayseeds as best I could.

they all went out for ice cream afterwards, and I went in the other direction to the bar ... talked ponies and American Pharoh with a retired trainer who was getting absolutely sh1tfaced

once i was informed that all of the Clampetts had piled into Jed's truck for their trip home, I came back, and spent a solid hour of daddy/daughter time with my kid ... just hangin' in the yard and chatting about anything she had on her mind.

that hour with her made all the BS insignificant, and was the highlight of the weekend

Huh? Hayseeds??

And :cheers:

Surprising feel good after a night of bourbon and beer.

Though, a few hours in the sun this afternoon may not feel great...son has 2 soccer "games"...more like scrimmages today against another team in our club.

:cheers: Ice tea for me though...

it is very good. before our move to colorado in 01, we used to dine there once or twice per month as we lived closer (larkspur and novato).

Nice. As you come across these hot spots that aren't normally on a radar, let me know. I'll compile a list for when I'm back up to it to venture out with friends.

Thursday is the big surgery? And the cancer is in all likelihood only in the bewbs right? I read your thread link but figured asking was so much easier than reading it carefully :ninja:

Nice. As you come across these hot spots that aren't normally on a radar, let me know. I'll compile a list for when I'm back up to it to venture out with friends.

i have a large list .....

Thursday is the big surgery? And the cancer is in all likelihood only in the bewbs right? I read your thread link but figured asking was so much easier than reading it carefully :ninja:

Yeah, it's a long azz thread cuz it's not only about my own journey from diagnosis but tips, info, benefits of certain food items, links to photo bucket with pics that are nice scenery, cute, funny, whatever. Didn't want it to be just dull and boring so spruced it up a bit and with some of my usual humor too.

Thursday: bilateral mastectomies with tissue expander implants to start. 5-6 hours. If you'd like to say a prayer, 8:30 am is the start time. :)

They can't tell if it's spread yet. I have the highest grade aggressive, 3. It's considered a large size tumor (min 4-5 cm), plus the location close to armpit area... so I anticipate it has. They will know this while I'm in sx cuz they take out at least one sentinal node and maybe some axillaries to path. If cancer is found in there, then it's spread. If not, it still could have because it is a large and aggressive tumor. It's possible some suckers could have gotten into my lymph system without leaving their mark in the lymph node. At which time radiation may still be recommended. So far, few months of chemo is for sure. Radiation if they find even 1 node affected, after chemo is done. If no, then up to me if I want to be extra careful. Then because my type is 95% dependent on estrogen, I have to be put on Tamoxifen for min 5 years to stop hormone production. The side effects of all this crap is astonishing. Surprised how none of this kills you. Cancer right now seems very tame compared to what's to come with the nasty side effects.

While I"m doing chemo, I go to plastic surg's office to have my temporary expanders (which is basically flat implants) slowly filled. Takes about 3 months depending on what size you like. Killer pain cuz your extending your skin/muscles at each fill and for a couple days after. You go every 2-3 weeks depending on your tolerance to the pain. No rush there.

Then when you like the size you have, another procedure to get these temporary suckers out and permanent silicone ones in.