Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Kentucky Clerk In Contempt For Denying Gay Marriage Licenses

How about the anonymous men who follow them around begging for their attention every day of the week?

You're a receptionist?

I think I read somewhere that she is a Democrat. I'm not sure though because CNN forgot to mention it. :(

She is a Democrat...

LINK

I think he prefers the term executive assistant.

I actually am the receptionist for a middle manager, so "executive" assistant is a misnomer. :doh:

Why doesn't she just resign in protest? I don't get the whole jail thing. Can she not be fired or forced to resign in protest or her boss (whomever that is the freakin' Govener I guess, let her go somehow?). Seems a bunch of much to do about nothing.

I actually am the receptionist for a middle manager, so "executive" assistant is a misnomer. :doh:

Don't talk to me anymore. And get me a coffee, stat!

Don't talk to me anymore. And get me a coffee, stat!

It's just make believe MB, like your cop / Marine credentials.

It's just make believe MB, like your cop / Marine credentials.

Well mine aren't make believe. I'm looking at them on my mantle right now.

Well mine aren't make believe. I'm looking at them on my mantle right now.

I worked at a law firm for a year in 2003 or so? Porkbutt says I am a legal secretary. :dunno:

I'm the marketing manager for a construction firm.

I worked at a law firm for a year in 2003 or so? Porkbutt says I am a legal secretary. :dunno:

I'm the marketing manager for a construction firm.

Ok then. We can resume hostilities.

This story is weeks old, this board is really pathetic.

Maybe you should ban a few more people.

Maybe you should just focking leave, how bout that?

This message board was better when we communicated with smoke signals and pictures on the cave wall. :mad:

Why doesn't she just resign in protest? I don't get the whole jail thing. Can she not be fired or forced to resign in protest or her boss (whomever that is the freakin' Govener I guess, let her go somehow?). Seems a bunch of much to do about nothing.

She wants attention and a book deal.

What a stupid biatch. Her job is to follow the law. If you have a religious objection, well fine, that's your prerogative, but then go find another focking job

What a stupid biatch. Her job is to follow the law. If you have a religious objection, well fine, that's your prerogative, but then go find another focking job

This, more or less. Perhaps with slightly less profanity :D

This, more or less. Perhaps with slightly less profanity :D

Sorry, just annoyed by the stupidity. Dummy can't tell people to fock off at her work either, does that mean her free speech rights are being violated? :wacko:

This is just like the pharmacists at drug stores who refused to sell birth control and RU-486, got fired, and sued.

If my woman came back from the focking drugstore crying or p!ssed off because some religious kunt wouldn't sell her birth control pills, I'd be up there making a huge focking scene.

Even that article states that in most states the example I said is a "grey area". :dunno:

Look, I think it's an interesting topic. How the 1st Amendment rubs up against "protected" classes. Which takes precedent and all the tangents therein. I think we'll see a Supreme Court ruling in the next 5 years about something like this now that Ghey Marraige is Federal Law.

A private, Christian High School. Are they required by law to not discriminate (hire) Ghey teachers? I don't know all the answers, its a question. But at some point the 1st Amendment takes precedent if it can be proven.

It's not quite as black/white as I think you think it is. :dunno:

I think that particular question was already answered by the Supreme Court:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_v._Dale

Doesn't address private businesses but as to associations the first amendment allows them to ban gheys. (Bit of an oversimplification but that's the gist.)

Could be overruled though I guess

Sorry, just annoyed by the stupidity. Dummy can't tell people to fock off at her work either, does that mean her free speech rights are being violated? :wacko:

I understand, completely, carry on son.... :thumbsup:

I 100% agree. She should just resign in protest.

What's your opinion on "Sanctuary Cities" like San Francisco?

I haven't looked into the issue much but my first reaction is they can't ignore or hinder enforcement of federal law.

BUT, what about states that have legalized pot? It's still illegal under federal law. Quite a conundrum

I haven't looked into the issue much but my first reaction is they can't ignore or hinder enforcement of federal law.

BUT, what about states that have legalized pot? It's still illegal under federal law. Quite a conundrum

Exactly, sort of the point I'm trying to get to. The conundrum of states or localities not agreeing with a Federal law. It seems people aren't really consistent. It depends on if they agree with the federal law or not. Weed and illegals? Well, disagreeing with federal law is okay. Gay Marraige? FOLLOW THE LAW!%@!

And, honestly, both parties do it.

Exactly, sort of the point I'm trying to get to. The conundrum of states or localities not agreeing with a Federal law. It seems people aren't really consistent. It depends on if they agree with the federal law or not. Weed and illegals? Well, disagreeing with federal law is okay. Gay Marraige? FOLLOW THE LAW!%@!

And, honestly, both parties do it.

What this lady's doing is a hell of a lot different because it's just her going rogue based on her personal beliefs. As opposed to some widespread governmental policy legalizing pot or sanctioning undocumented immigrants.

Not saying that the latter are right either but they can't be directly compared to this situation.

What this lady's doing is a hell of a lot different because it's just her going rogue based on her personal beliefs. As opposed to some widespread governmental policy legalizing pot or sanctioning undocumented immigrants.

Not saying that the latter are right either but they can't be directly compared to this situation.

I not even really disagreeing with you. This lady should just resign. But states have voted on the issue of ghey Marraige already and the majority has spoken (for that state). It's not all that different than other laws.

A law is a law is a law. People get to caught up if they agree or not. Lady Justice has a blindfold for a reason.

Unfortunately, there's nowhere else in Bumfock County where she can make $80K.

Apparently her religious principles aren't strong enough for her to quit a job that requires her to go against them.

My point is this.

For some reason some state laws override federal law and sometimes they don't. And I've noticed it depends on who's running the show or who randomly decides which is which.

Fock that.

Either all states and localities have to abide by federal law OR states get to decide for themselves by some legal process (like a vote by the people).

Because right now it's inconsistent. Colorado can vote to legalize weed in their state but another state has to abide by Federal laws on Marraige even though they too had a state vote.

Let's pick one and be consistent for all, not pull a Roger Goodell and rule on a whim.

The hardest thing about being a leader, is being fair to those we may personally disagree with.

My God is better than her God, and that is all that matters with this story. :thumbsup:

Question is for worms but each city has to figure this stuff out for themselves. I have no idea why SF would be, they seem pretty prosperous, full, and are in a drought. Of course they're way left cuckoo beyond imagine.

I think Detroit and Flint are ideal candidates for Sanctuary cities. They're ghost towns with land and infrastructure already in place capable of holding way more people.

In the new, PC world, we imprison people because we are afraid to fire them. :dunno:

She's an elected official, she can't be fired, she can only be impeached by the state legislature.

But don't let pesky little things like facts get in the way of your rant.

She's an elected official, she can't be fired, she can only be impeached by the state legislature.

But don't let pesky little things like facts get in the way of your rant.

In the new, PC world, a statement is a rant. How about "removed from office through impeachment"? Sounds a lot like firing to me. And they are certainly afraid to do it. :dunno:

All she wants to do is make as name for herself as some brave martyr standing by her beliefs. I'm glad she's in jail, but I wish the national press would stop giving the ass hole the attention she's craving.

:rolleyes:

this should never have become a story, as she should have either resigned or been fired for failing to execute her duties.

• Like 1

I do find it a bit curious that a federal judge can order an elected official to do their job. Can he jail dogcatchers who refuse to catch dogs?

Good lord, Timmy Smiff somehow gets dumber every time he posts :o

If it was a Muslim refusing to grant marriage licenses to gays because of Allah, little timmy would be demanding that Obama go down there to fix the situation personally.

Question is for worms but each city has to figure this stuff out for themselves.

Why? Are they not supposed to follow Federal Laws on immigration? Just like Kentucky is supposed to follow Federal Laws on ghey marraige?

That's my question...my point....

In San Fran this illegal immigrant who's been arrested 5 times for felonies was caught by Federal Agents and given to the San Fran Sherrifs office for detaining. Well the Sheriff decided not to detain him (against the order from the feds and the law) and let him go because the local leaders think SF is a 'sanctuary city'. Well said illegal alien felon goes walking on a pier and kills this beautiful woman for no apparent reason.

Why is some judge NOT putting the sheriff, who purposely went against FEDERAL LAW in jail too? Just like this cat lady from Kentucky.

Riddle me that?