Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Antonio Brown requests trade

It isnt popular nor the way the nfl is played these days. But they should consider playing more of an old school style with a vet QB. If they think Ben could commit to 2 or 3 more years. Juju is old school. Conner is old school. Get rid of Tomlin and bring in a guy like Fangio. Draft and use saved cap dpace from headaches to get defense and say a john brown.

Get the remaining players to buy into getting rid of me first players could get a good result. That sort of momentum usually goes a long way.

I think WRs tend to be divas more because 80% of your snaps youre either blocking or running routes and not getting thrown too. I think it breeds that diva attitude in some that theyre the best and dont get the ball enough and theyre out there doing all of that and not getting touches.

We've seen this act with the Steelers before - Santonio became Wallace who became Brown who will become JuJu.

Don't forget Emmanuel Sanders...them Steelers are pretty good at finding WR.

The latest...

Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team is not going to release Antonio Brown, but “all other options are on the table” following the wide receiver’s insubordinate behavior before and after the final regular-season game against the Cincinnati Bengals. “There’s not much we can do right now; we have time to make a decision,” Rooney said in his first public comments since Brown skipped out on practices and team meetings leading up to the Dec. 30 game at Heinz Field. “We’ll look at all the options. We’re not going to release him, that’s not on the table. But I will say all other options are on the table.

“Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen. We’re not closing the door on anything at this point.”

Rooney, though, indicated Brown’s salary-cap ramifications would not play into whatever decision the team makes.

“That has to be taken into consideration, but, as I sit here today, “I’m not going to say that’s going to box us into anything,” Rooney said. “If we decide something has to be done, we’ll figure out how to deal with that.”

Look for AB to be on another team in mid-March.

Wouldn't it be something if the Steelers don't trade him and he sits out all of next year? :) And then Ben the following year. And then Tomlin the next?

I still think this gets resolved before next season and no trade ever happens. That being said, the Steelers have to get a handle on this. They cannot continue to have this kind of drama season after season. Tomlin has to come back next year with more backbone and less player's coach mentality.

The latest...

Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team is not going to release Antonio Brown, but all other options are on the table following the wide receivers insubordinate behavior before and after the final regular-season game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Theres not much we can do right now; we have time to make a decision, Rooney said in his first public comments since Brown skipped out on practices and team meetings leading up to the Dec. 30 game at Heinz Field. Well look at all the options. Were not going to release him, thats not on the table. But I will say all other options are on the table.

Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, were a long way away from thinking that can happen. Were not closing the door on anything at this point.

Rooney, though, indicated Browns salary-cap ramifications would not play into whatever decision the team makes.

That has to be taken into consideration, but, as I sit here today, Im not going to say thats going to box us into anything, Rooney said. If we decide something has to be done, well figure out how to deal with that.

Look for AB to be on another team in mid-March.

Wow thats a strong statement coming from Mr Rooney.

Agree with post 46, they need to do something, and I think a drastic move like trading Brown would make a bold statement.

This is really a surprise coming from this organization, that the drama keeps going on and on.

I think they need to reboot and start a fresh, and I mean with a new coach.

Just dont see Mr Tomlin changing the way he relates to the team.

Trade Ben to Jacksonville for their next 2 #1's and a #2.

Trade Brown to San Fran for their next 2 #1s.

Shirley, you can't be serious.

The Steelers would be lucky to get one early #1 for Ben.

And they'd be lucky to get one late #1 pick for AB.

(Plus some later round throw-in)

I already admitted that they wouldn't get that much for Berger. I think they would get a good amount for Brown though.

And don't call me Shirley. :overhead:

keep ben till the wheels fall off, and take the first 1st for Brown you can get. then bank on hitting late wrs like you have the last decade or so.

I don't know. I just don't see anyone giving up a first for a thirty-one-year-old receiver.

The Pats probably would. Maybe the Ravens, Colts, Cowboys, Seattle?

The Pats probably would. Maybe the Ravens, Colts, Cowboys, Seattle?

Hawks gave up 1s for Harvin and Graham...lets keep it going since those worked out so well!

On the other hand, I doubt Brown would be happy with 5 targets a game max.

I don't know. I just don't see anyone giving up a first for a thirty-one-year-old receiver.

Dont see it either.

But I know someone will.

God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He repent: has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?

Amen.

Numbers 23:19.

Why wouldn’t the Packers need Brown?

Brown and Adams plus Rodgers.

Would be a great matchup.

Why wouldnt the Packers need Brown?

Brown and Adams plus Rodgers.

Would be a great matchup.

Yeah that would be great, but the Green Bay Packers are not going to give up a first-round draft choice for a thirty-one-year-old receiver. They just got rid of Jordy Nelson who was 32.

And then to have all that money tied up into the two wide receivers and the quarterback is going to hamstring the team.

Dude was on his way to top 5 WR all time status and maybe top 2-3 if he could win a title. If he changes teams, a significant drop in numbers is likely.

Yeah that would be great, but the Green Bay Packers are not going to give up a first-round draft choice for a thirty-one-year-old receiver. They just got rid of Jordy Nelson who was 32.

And then to have all that money tied up into the two wide receivers and the quarterback is going to hamstring the team.

Don’t disagree about having all that money spent on two WRs.

But I can’t compare a 31 year old Brown to a 32 year old Nelson.

Nelson looked done, Brown still playes like a top three WRs.

But it would take up a lot of money, and it would hurt in the long run.

But how much longer does Rodgers have?

I would go for it, and try to win now.

Thanks for your reply

Dont disagree about having all that money spent on two WRs.

But I cant compare a 31 year old Brown to a 32 year old Nelson.

Nelson looked done, Brown still playes like a top three WRs.

But it would take up a lot of money, and it would hurt in the long run.

But how much longer does Rodgers have?

I would go for it, and try to win now.

Thanks for your reply

Packers would never do that. The WR cliff is 31/32. Father Time catches us all and a first-round pick isn't worth the 1 year, maybe two.

If you know Packers management they would never do this. if they didn't have Adams then maybe I could see it - but I still think they wouldn't do it.

Theres going to be a trade with the Chiefs and Sammy plus a pick going to the Steelers.

You think the Steelers trade him to a rival and the best team in the AFC? A team he can just put up stats with?

I mean maybe but I wouldnt do that if I were the steelers.

First Sammy is an injury waiting to happen. 2nd chiefs will have a late pick.

Sammy the Hammy? Not too many people have a sandwich named after them. Could be lucrative. :dunno:

Teams do things all time that we the fans are asking wtf. Reasons I can see it working in green bay

1 great quarterback

2 hard to pick which to cover between Adams and brown

3 win now mode

4 sells tickets and merchandise

5 in the nfc not the afc

6 brown would probably be open to go there as it isn't the jaguars, or other crappy team that doesn't have a legit chance to win now

He'll go to the niners. They'll give up too much for him.

I thought about them too, but not sure they are a championship ready team or at least they haven't proved it yet.

Think the Steelers might take almost anything just to move him.

Teams do things all time that we the fans are asking wtf. Reasons I can see it working in green bay

1 great quarterback

2 hard to pick which to cover between Adams and brown

3 win now mode

4 sells tickets and merchandise

5 in the nfc not the afc

6 brown would probably be open to go there as it isn't the jaguars, or other crappy team that doesn't have a legit chance to win now

Brown hardly cares about winning. Putting up stats would be his concern. Already cried when juju had a good year.

Brown hardly cares about winning. Putting up stats would be his concern. Already cried when juju had a good year.

Agreed.

One of many rumors.......... the Bills may be willing to give up their 2nd in the upcoming draft (2.08) + one of their 4th round picks (10 total picks this year), PLUS their 2020 1st round pick

And books have them as the 3rd likeliest landing spot

Chris Trapasso

@ChrisTrapasso
FollowFollow @ChrisTrapasso
More

.@BetDSI's odds for Antonio Brown's next team: - 49ers: +200 - Jets: +300 - Bills: +450 - Cardinals: +500 - Colts: +600

7:21 AM - 15 Jan 2019

Tomlin is a decent coach, but the dude is horrible at handling players. I would bet a paycheck that if the Steelers fired Tomlin, Brown and Bell would both be on the field next year.

Brown and Bell will both play next season, just not with the Steelers.

Tomlin is a decent coach, but the dude is horrible at handling players.

How was his handling of Brown horrible? His star diva WR got pissed over a team MVP vote, picked a fight with his diva QB then left the field and stadium.

When contacted the diva WR said he had a knee issue, so Tomlin gave him a day off and asked for an mri the following day. The diva WR no showed the dr appointment, didn't respond to calls or texts and then showed up on Sunday expecting to play.

And Tomlin sat him, knowing it could cost the team a shot at the playoffs.

How was that handled badly?

How did Tomlin handle Leveon Bell badly? Tomlin doesn't pay the players - the front office does.

I don't think Tomlin is the best coach by far - his clock mgmt and failure to make needed adjustments at the half are well known. But I don't get how people spout off about how he handles the players.

Buffalo would be a nice place to send AB off to. I think 9ers and MIA will be in the hunt as well.

• Like 1

Did anyone see episode 1 of The Masked Singer that aired two weeks ago? AB was one of the contestants (they revealed his identity at the end). The NFL regular season was over by then, but the optics make him look even more like a diva now.

Did you see what coach Arians said about Brown.

Called him a deva.

Lol.

How was his handling of Brown horrible? His star diva WR got pissed over a team MVP vote, picked a fight with his diva QB then left the field and stadium.

When contacted the diva WR said he had a knee issue, so Tomlin gave him a day off and asked for an mri the following day. The diva WR no showed the dr appointment, didn't respond to calls or texts and then showed up on Sunday expecting to play.

And Tomlin sat him, knowing it could cost the team a shot at the playoffs.

How was that handled badly?

How did Tomlin handle Leveon Bell badly? Tomlin doesn't pay the players - the front office does.

I don't think Tomlin is the best coach by far - his clock mgmt and failure to make needed adjustments at the half are well known. But I don't get how people spout off about how he handles the players.

Buffalo would be a nice place to send AB off to. I think 9ers and MIA will be in the hunt as well.

This was well put. AB has said that he's tired of being the one putting in all the effort. No better way to show it by not showing up and disappointing your teammates. Arians is right, he is a diva.