Sign in to follow this  
southcarolina

12 Geeks 1 Cup 2015: Fantasy Football is stupid, and i hope the govt. shuts it all down.

Its that time.

Is anyone still interested?

1) If so, who's in, who's out? I see in the 12G1C subforum that a couple of you have already confirmed IN.

southcarolina

Heavyset

WhiteWonder

A yawn from the leader of the FFT Sleeper Cell in China

and one kind of bitchy sounding "Ask me when it gets closer to football season" from you know who.

Lets get this done quickly. Im not sitting around waiting all summer. I dont really pay close attention to who posts here regularly anymore that much, i'll start looking for replacements for anyone who hasnt confirmed back in pretty soon. I'll probably give it a week or so.

As soon as we get 12 confirmed owners, i'll get the draft order done so we can all start making our plans.

2) We need to vote on a minor rule.....whether its FCFS or waivers after the draft is concluded. To make this easier on me, the default is FCFS. If 7 of you want it changed, post it up in here. Otherwise we will roll FCFS. Youve got until Aug 1 to drum up support.

3) Waiting list....if the past is any indicator at least a couple of owners will puss out and quit 12G1C. So if you want in, let me know. The waiting list starts here.

4) Im not browbeating any of you into playing in this league. Or signing up for the league Yahoo site. Or the draft site. Or anything. It will run smoothly or it wont run at all. I have even less time to devote to this than i did last summer. Dont cause me problems. Im in no mood for it.

League site

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/12geeks1cup2015

League invite URL

https://yho.com/nfl?l=166508&k=de14c4b0c43c0ff7&ikey=a4066b43a4a1556e

MFL draft site

http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/73552#0

That's defending champ to you

In

IN :rolleyes:

I hope my bitchiness was properly conveyed. :D

We throwing down money on this? 10 bucks a head?

Ill be in but the signup page says its reserved for returning members. If theres room let me know. buy in? Prizes? If its free forget it, no one cares about a free league and will be forgotten by 3/4 of the league by august.

I'm in

Tried to join but won't let me. Saying you need to increase number of teams or remove teams

Its a free league, all Geek Club members. This will be its 4th year. I have to say that for all this leagues faults (having an idiot for a commissioner, allowing people with vaginas in....yes im talking to you OldMaid and HeavySet, letting chinese sympathisers in, and having a league name inspired by unattractive sluts eating poop) the league holds together pretty well for a free league through the season. I dont remember anyone out and out tanking a season that went bad on them, except for TitansTigersandBears the very first season, and that was excusable because he wasnt getting laid at all. Maybe its cuz everyone posts in here and they dont want to incur the wrath of the Geek Club for being a nancy boy pillow grabber just cuz you drafted poorly or someone got hurt.

The league is 100% redraft. Head to head on Yahoo. The draft will be a slow draft done on MFL. Probably an 8 hour clock that i'll turn off at night. 1 PPR 12 teams. QB RB RB WR WR WR/TE flex TE K DST 9 person bench. Yes the flex is WR/TE only. Its not a typo, its a quirk of our league. You learn to love it. Or at least not hate it.

Another positive is that edjr is not, and never will be, in this league. At least as long as im commissitator.

I sent an invite email to all owners from last year via yahoo to whatever email you used to signup last year.Anyone i havent heard from by next Friday will be assumed to oput of the league, and their spot will be filled ASAP.

Looks like as of right now ive got 6 returners in,

southcarolina

whitewonder

oldmaid

heavyset

herbivore

voltaire

The waiting list is established as follows:

1) djgb13

2) tantatntanic if he wants to reconsider playing in a free league

3) posty

Both the invite link and the league link won't let me in. :mad:

Also... isn't there some guy who has been wanting in since the start, and we always flake on him? Shouldn't we at least honor tradition and tell him he's got a spot, and then boot him, before letting anyone new sign up?

Are you signed into Yahoo with the same account you used last year?

Note to self: DO NOT autorenew league next year, just start from scratch.

Are you signed into Yahoo with the same account you used last year?

Note to self: DO NOT autorenew league next year, just start from scratch.

Yes

Put me on the wait list... Not sure if I will do it as I like only being in one league, but might reconsider...

The champion rubber dix are signed up and ready to draft

didyou check the email you used last year?

No. Off to do that now.

Ok... I'm in. I'll make a mental note next year to check e-mail first, or else you'll lock me in a closet until the grown-ups get home.

Ok... I'm in. I'll make a mental note next year to check e-mail first, or else you'll lock me in a closet until the grown-ups get home.

Its not a closet, its a glory hole operator booth.

Is drobeski back in?

Is drobeski back in?

We won't know until his suspension is up. :banana:

Also, put me down as a vote for whatever we did last year. I think it was waivers.

Also, put me down as a vote for whatever we did last year. I think it was waivers.

Last year it was first come first serve. As a matter of fact, the draft took so long that if it HAD been waivers, there wouldnt have been a waiver period before the first regular season game started. Still didnt keep whitewhiner from bitching and crying about it though. But at least he waited until i beat him to Josh Gordon before he complained :wave: :banana:

This year it is first come first serve unless 7 of you vote it down.

Definitely waivers at the very least although I prefer blind bids

Also waivers should be rolling and not reset from worst to first each week for priority. Why reward shitty teams

Last year it was first come first serve. As a matter of fact, the draft took so long that if it HAD been waivers, there wouldnt have been a waiver period before the first regular season game started. Still didnt keep whitewhiner from bitching and crying about it though. But at least he waited until i beat him to Josh Gordon before he complained :wave: :banana:

This year it is first come first serve unless 7 of you vote it down.

I can't hear you I've got this championship ring in my ears

Definitely waivers at the very least although I prefer blind bids

Also waivers should be rolling and not reset from worst to first each week for priority. Why reward shitty teams

I think we're talking about immediately after the draft. After that it switches to continual rolling waivers.

I think we're talking about immediately after the draft. After that it switches to continual rolling waivers.

My bad. Waivers after the draft in reverse order of draft slot

Let's just finish the draft with about 10 days before kickoff and all will be good. Will give a few days of fcfs before week 1

Holy focking hell. How is that my shtt gets lost every year. Need to figure out my user ID, again. Just like every year.

Best save a spot for Dr. O until we hear from him. His timeout will be over with plenty of room before a final decision must be made.

Its a free league, all Geek Club members. This will be its 4th year. I have to say that for all this leagues faults (having an idiot for a commissioner, allowing people with vaginas in....yes im talking to you OldMaid and HeavySet, letting chinese sympathisers in, and having a league name inspired by unattractive sluts eating poop) the league holds together pretty well for a free league through the season. I dont remember anyone out and out tanking a season that went bad on them, except for TitansTigersandBears the very first season, and that was excusable because he wasnt getting laid at all. Maybe its cuz everyone posts in here and they dont want to incur the wrath of the Geek Club for being a nancy boy pillow grabber just cuz you drafted poorly or someone got hurt.

The league is 100% redraft. Head to head on Yahoo. The draft will be a slow draft done on MFL. Probably an 8 hour clock that i'll turn off at night. 1 PPR 12 teams. QB RB RB WR WR WR/TE flex TE K DST 9 person bench. Yes the flex is WR/TE only. Its not a typo, its a quirk of our league. You learn to love it. Or at least not hate it.

Another positive is that edjr is not, and never will be, in this league. At least as long as im commissitator.

I sent an invite email to all owners from last year via yahoo to whatever email you used to signup last year.Anyone i havent heard from by next Friday will be assumed to oput of the league, and their spot will be filled ASAP.

Looks like as of right now ive got 6 returners in,

southcarolina

whitewonder

oldmaid

heavyset

herbivore

voltaire

The waiting list is established as follows:

1) djgb13

2) tantatntanic if he wants to reconsider playing in a free league

3) posty

Just checked all my emails and can not find it. Must be some email I do not remember, somehow. Since I have to put you through this every year, you may want to kick me. I will understand. I do not want to leave, but every year it is a freaking nightmare just figuring out how to sign into this league for some damn reason. Sorry bro.

Well I can't wait for it if you can squeeze me in. This will prob be the second league I'm in. The other league I'm in it's always a hassle to get people back in it or find more people. Been losing them to fanduel a lot

Signed in. can not get to it from the links. When I try to join second link, it just refreshes the page. Tried 50 times and still can not get in.

Checked the email and there is nothing in there.

I will keep trying but this is focking NUTS.

Sorry bro, i do not know what else to do. I am all signed in from the email you gave me too, so not sure wth is going on

Jesus Gary... not again. :wall:

I thought you were going to write that sh!t down?

:lol: