Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three/Four/Five Commentary**

There's a player I actually like much better than Hyde here, but I couldn't pull the trigger based on what it would force me to do in Rounds 4&5. Will explain as we go...

I feel like Sheldon on BBT, this thing is everywhere, its al willy nilly.... :wall:

JScott planning on Ben Gay and Roosevelt Potts as his starting RBs apparently... :banana:

JScott planning on Ben Gay and Roosevelt Potts as his starting RBs apparently... :banana:

No name dropping :nono:

Really like TY Hilton this season. Contract year, has been improving every single season, and an ever-improving QB throwing to him. I see him in the top 10 WR list for sure.

I was kind of surprised to see a couple picks before Hilton. I would have been very tempted if he fell another pick.

But there's not many RBs left I like as a number 2, and Gordon has a hell of a lot of potential.

Really like TY Hilton this season. Contract year, has been improving every single season, and an ever-improving QB throwing to him. I see him in the top 10 WR list for sure.

I don't, at least not as much as you do. There gets to be a point where a team can have too many weapons for one player to be a great fantasy receiver and I think the Colts are pushing it. I'm not souring on him, but I'm more in the top 15 neighborhood with him.

I was trying to decide between Gordon and Hyde at 3.02...

I don't, at least not as much as you do. There gets to be a point where a team can have too many weapons for one player to be a great fantasy receiver and I think the Colts are pushing it. I'm not souring on him, but I'm more in the top 15 neighborhood with him.

Another thing that cannot be overlooked is their added blocker in the backfield. A certain RB they picked up is one of the best pass blockers I've seen in the backfield, and will be able to give Luck a bit more time to find TY deep.

I was trying to decide between Gordon and Hyde at 3.02...

I decided between Gordon and Evans at 3.01... but there's more to my 2/3 turn choices. I half expected to take another duo. Will tell the rest of the story once all the players are off the board.

Another thing that cannot be overlooked is their added blocker in the backfield. A certain RB they picked up is one of the best pass blockers I've seen in the backfield, and will be able to give Luck a bit more time to find TY deep.

Strong point.

Forsett scares the crap out of me. But I would have taken him if Gordon wasn't there for me.

Vikings: I don't like the pick either. I was aiming for Hyde here, who else does SF have left?? He went, then Gordon, so if I wanted a consistent RB to get me through 'til at least Bell comes back, I felt Forsett was the best left. Baltimore's OC says he will get more pass opportunities out of the backfield, and he is a good receiver, so even in a non-PPR he should get the yardage and maybe some TDs receiving.

Again, not my favorite pick, but I still am keeping with my plan. Maybe I can trade a RB or two to JSCOTT somewhere down the road (oh yea, no trades)!

• Like 1

DAMN YOU ROBB!!!!!!!

:mad: :shocking: :mad:

ICEMAN

I debated two different RBs at the turn. One was Gordon. I like his potential but when push came to shove I think he'll finish very close to other RBs I expect to be available at my 4/5 turn.

Forsett scares the crap out of me. But I would have taken him if Gordon wasn't there for me.

What is it about Forsett's talent, or situation this year that gives you pause in drafting him?

ICEMAN

I debated two different RBs at the turn. One was Gordon. I like his potential but when push came to shove I think he'll finish very close to other RBs I expect to be available at my 4/5 turn.

That's kind of where I'm at and why I passed on him. Plus, with this being a three-WR league, I feel like I need to make sure I have at least two that can dominate in any given week.

What is it about Forsett's talent, or situation this year that gives you pause in drafting him?

ICEMAN

A journeyman back suddenly becomes top 10?

It sounds like they're keeping the system, and want him to be given more of a chance in the passing game (which is a strength of his), but Jeebus...

DAMN YOU ROBB!!!!!!!

:mad: :shocking: :mad:

ICEMAN

Forsett is not a "sexy" pick (that is why I have my wife), but he should be their only workable back and like I said, he can catch the ball.

He'll be happy with any two of the five on the Pats!

• Like 1

I think JG is being overlooked because of the move to seattle. He should be the focal point and Gordon and Hyde were 0ff the board. Tons of wrs in this tier... felt right to me

Graham was my target if you didn't select him. Great value and, like you said, we've reached the point in the draft where there are a crapload of players with very similar grades.

ICEMAN

I think JG is being overlooked because of the move to seattle. He should be the focal point and Gordon and Hyde were 0ff the board. Tons of wrs in this tier... felt right to me

It was between Hopkins and JG for me at 3.3.

I question how he'll be used in Seattle. Obviously they didn't spend a 1st round pick on him for nothing, but they're a running team, and his blocking is less than stellar. Go with a heavy base with him occasionally flexing out to WR?

• Like 1

I question how he'll be used in Seattle. Obviously they didn't spend a 1st round pick on him for nothing, but they're a running team, and his blocking is less than stellar. Go with a heavy base with him occasionally flexing out to WR?

My feeling too. SEA doesn't all of a sudden throw the ball 70% of the time now that they have Graham. Sure he's still the talented receiver he was in SEA, and will create matchup issues but the system won't change over night for him.

• Like 1

My concern is that Graham is already kinda fragile, based on the last few seasons. What will happen now that he's going to be run blocking more than ever this season? Will his body hold up?

Graham was at the top of my board at 3.02. I just didn't like what picking him would have forced me to do at 4.11 and 5.02. What a great value!

My pick of JG wasn't based on any belief seattle will change their offense drastically

Solid round so far. Not a fan of the Hyde pick, but that's mostly because I don't think he will perform to his draft position.

Happy to see Emmanuel Sanders fall to me; having pieces from two big time passing offenses makes me feel good for a foundation with a RB from a heavy running team.

Jimmy Graham is the enigma of this round; I'm curious to see what being in Seattle does for him. I'm leery of that offense because of the shell-shock effect from the Super Bowl.

Come on Shovel!!! It's normal for Ray to bring this thing to a screaching halt! Don't let him down!

Sorry for the delay. Listing my house tomorrow. Arms are about to fall off from all the scrubbing and painting.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay. Listing my house tomorrow. Arms are about to fall off from all the scrubbing and painting.

And where are you listing? I will be listing my house on the South Shore of Massachusetts in another month!

ICEMAN

And where are you listing? I will be listing my house on the South Shore of Massachusetts in another month!

ICEMAN

North suburb of Indy. I'll have no issue selling, just worried about the offer I put in on a home. Knowing my luck, this one will sell in a day and I'll be in an apartment.

Edit: It's unreal how much of a seller's market this is. I've had multiple realtors tell me the supply of available homes is 5% lower than this time last year. I'm also fortunate to be in one of the best school systems in the state. A lot of people trying to get in here in a middle class price point.

North suburb of Indy. I'll have no issue selling, just worried about the offer I put in on a home. Knowing my luck, this one will sell in a day and I'll be in an apartment.

Edit: It's unreal how much of a seller's market this is. I've had multiple realtors tell me the supply of available homes is 5% lower than this time last year. I'm also fortunate to be in one of the best school systems in the state. A lot of people trying to get in here in a middle class price point.

I was looking at an investment property nearby, and also at it as a potential place for my wifes parents to maybe move into in a few years as I expect their financial situation to become untenable.

Seller was rather staunch in their utterly bullsh!t pricing. It was for sale by owner, and there should have been a more reasonable negotiation. The owner was adamant that the property was worth more due to the school district, and some recent updates to the home. The updates were decent, but not enough to justify a price so far detached from the intrinsic value.

I love the school argument. I pointed to the fact that they wanted 200k more than a similar house in size and design in another zip....but was only 15 years old vs their 45 year old place. And that if school were a concern I could send kids to private school for about 48k total, and not spend an extra 150k for 30 years. They look baffled.....I tried to explain that the bullsh!t school argument was not simply wrong, it was financially unacceptable. Walked away, still looking, eventually will find the right place. Wish them well in selling their overpriced POS.

RC:

Two very nice picks at the turn here! I had them both next on my list if I were to draft a WR.

Cooks, IMO. will gather a lot of targets in NO (somebody has to) and Benjamin had over 1,000 yards last year as a rookie and should only get better, i.e. no sophomore slump.

I intended to only take one of them, if available, when I went to bed. I figured ray would have to go RB. When I woke up, I backed off of the other direction I had considered taking with one of the picks, and hope I didn't mess up. I'm happy that Cooks is without Stills and Graham, and has a motivated QB. I was really surprised that Kelvin made it back. He will have to be my #1 TD wise and Cooks my #1 reception wise. When given lemons you have to make lemonade and that is kind of what the 12 spot is. I do differ from Ray though, because this draft is following ADP's to the "T".