Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

3 People killed at Wafflehouse

Antioch , Tennessee . Guy walked in naked with an AR-15, started shooting. . On the loose. Titans, did you work there?

Antioch , Tennessee . Guy walked in naked with an AR-15, started shooting. . On the loose. Titans, did you work there?

God damn! Yeah, I ran that unit for a couple of months actually.

Thats a fairly rough area. That was the unit I had to fire four employees because they beat up a drug dealer for shorting them... in uniform.

Wonder if any of the folks I know there were killed.

Thats a fairly rough area. That was the unit I had to fire four employees because they beat up a drug dealer for shorting them... in uniform.

The report I read was from the NY Post. It was on Murfreesboro Pike. . I figured it was a rough area because in the picture you can see a lime green Kia Soul parked in front

Wow!!!

The report I read was from the NY Post. It was on Murfreesboro Pike. . I figured it was a rough area because in the picture you can see a lime green Kia Soul parked in front

Yep. That area is crap. Parts of Antioch is little Mexico. Other parts are little Kurdistan (lots of Kurds settled in Nashville for their election during the war.) There are whole areas where the signs are all in Arabic and Spanish. And of course, our local homegrown degenerates too.

I had to fire one girl because she got hammered on the clock and stopped charging people. Had to call the cops after, she came at me. A couple of the other staff held her back. She was a stripper on the side. Not an attractive one I might add.

Then the drug dealer incident. I paid the staff out one Sunday morning. We paid in cash. Four guys showed up to get paid, bud didnt work till second shift. They apparently went to a nearby project to buy drugs. In uniform. The dealer supposedly shorted them on the weight, and they beat him down. Came back for work with blood spatter on their uniforms later.

I fired them of course, and of course, it wasnt long before the cops picked them up, projects having cameras and all.

That store was focked up. I was only there for maybe three months, helping break in a newbie manager. She was a nice girl. Kurdish. Was willing to tell me a lot about her culture while we worked together. Hope she wasnt shot.

I saw a story yesterday that WH is going to roll out beer sales in TN, AR, and MS. Im sure that will go well.

I was in Key West about 13-14 years ago and we asked the cab driver where a good place to pick up women was. He said the Waffle House, that's where they work when they are on work release from jail. We started cracking up.

What about the big dude you said would cower under the table if there was violence?

Same store ?

What about the big dude you said would cower under the table if there was violence?

Same store ?

No. That was the store I ran in a town about twenty miles down the road.

I ran eight or so units for various lengths of time during my tenure there. Two of them were actually mine, meaning I was THE manager. Others I ran as relief manager for vacations, days off, events like bonaroo, etc.

Theyre all more or less the same though.

I was in Key West about 13-14 years ago and we asked the cab driver where a good place to pick up women was. He said the Waffle House, that's where they work when they are on work release from jail. We started cracking up.

Its a definite subculture. I saw many many drug deals go down.

Some of the old timers had crazy stories. Back in the payphone era, pimps and drug dealers would camp out by the phone and run their girls out of there.

I know for a fact some of the waitresses were lot lizards. We caught one literally in the act blowing a trucker. Fire her of course. Her unemployment got approved, because we had no proof.

One store, a car pulls into the parking lot. Car door opens, guy falls out, car pulls off. Guy was dead.

Manager calls the cops. Coroner is out fishing. Will be back in a couple hours (small town).

Area manager is summoned. He orders the staff to park cars around the body so customers dont see it. Puts a tarp over it. Eventually the coroner shows up.

I know one manager who has a waffle iron burn scar on her ass. She showed me. Apparently, back in the day, when she was an hourly, she was focking on the line. Slid over and landed ass first in the waffle iron (this was the pre camera era). Was so focked up on whatever that she didnt notice at first.

Turns out, what happened is some dude had a heart attack while he and his wife were going to the store. She pulled over and dumped him.

I actually thought one could write a very amusing book just driving around to various waffle houses asking long time staff for focked up stories.

I've eaten at WH hundreds of times on the road and or after night drinking on a road trip. No complaints

Took the family to Colonial Williamsburg- stopped at a WH - sticky table and fly infested. We left.

Went to the next Cracker Barrel on the highway.

I've eaten at WH hundreds of times on the road and or after night drinking on a road trip. No complaints

Took the family to Colonial Williamsburg- stopped at a WH - sticky table and fly infested. We left.

That wasn't syrup

I went to WH a bunch when I lived in Florida. That was when I was around 19. I remember it being good drunk food, but dirty. Not sure if I would do it today.

Nothing inherently wrong with WH. Heck, I've got one a couple miles from my house and I live in an upper middle class neighborhood. Back when I used to play online poker a lot I"d go there late at night after tournaments. This may have had something to do with the neighborhood, per the descriptions of the neighborhood in this thread, but this could have happened at any late night eatery.

I went to WH a bunch when I lived in Florida. That was when I was around 19. I remember it being good drunk food, but dirty. Not sure if I would do it today.

Part of the problem is that most of them are old and dingy. No matter how much you clean, they just look dirty. They did a really bad job keeping up with maintenance and updating the decor. There were bankruptcies and such with the franchises that is responsible for some of that.

God knows I scrubbed mine constantly. Clean the floors three times a day. Scrub the ceiling and windows weekly.

Easily the most physically demanding job I ever had. Earned every focking nickel of the $53k a year they paid. Was still teaching at night too.

Those were sh!tty years. Doing that job six days on two off. Marriage was crumbling at home, had death in the house at the same time. Im glad all thats behind me.

Antioch can definitely be a hole. Kid plays indoor soccer at a complex there (place definitely wouldnt be a favorite of muchof this bored).

The nut with a hatchet that went into a theatre was in Antioch a few years ago.

Ford Ice Center is about the only thing there worth being down there for.

And since it was a Waffle House...they definitely didnt id the bodies by teeth. :)

Antioch can definitely be a ###### hole. Kid plays indoor soccer at a complex there (place definitely wouldnt be a favorite of muchof this bored).

The nut with a hatchet that went into a theatre was in Antioch a few years ago.

Ford Ice Center is about the only thing there worth being down there for.

And since it was a Waffle House...they definitely didnt id the bodies by teeth. :)

Shonuff, an urban pioneer.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at a Waffle House just south of Savannah in 2016. We were on our way to Disney World. The staff was great and we left them a $100 to split amongst all the workers. Im sure most og it went to their meth habit, but oh well.

We also eat Christmas breakfast at our local WH with my MIL. I love me some WH. Can someone refresh my memory on how many ways there are to have a burger there?

We don't have Waffle House in NY. We have local diners, run by Greeks. Much better

• Like 1

Only problem with WH, is that it can turn on you in a minute and youre in the middle of a melee.

You sure that's a Waffle House? It could be a Chuck E Cheese.

• Like 1

A good black guy without a gun stopped a crazy white person with a gun.

You sure that's a Waffle House? It could be a Chuck E Cheese.

Dude, WTF is it with that place? We went there for my sons bday about 5 years ago and left halfway through his party. It was so fukin ghetto I couldnt believe it. Chuck ECheese used to be the bomb when I was a kid. I guess they started taking EBT for tokens?

Dude, WTF is it with that place? We went there for my sons bday about 5 years ago and left halfway through his party. It was so fukin ghetto I couldnt believe it. Chuck ECheese used to be the bomb when I was a kid. I guess they started taking EBT for tokens?

Never. Never been there.

Took my daughter to one in Florida. Thankfully it was empty, and she hated it. There's one Puerto Rican/some other brown flavor in her class and of course they are having the kids party at Chuck E Cheese. Can't wait.

I stayed there for the big bbq fest. I guess i stayed in the shitty part of town. I walked past some park that people told me never to go near again, especially at night. My cab driver on the way back asked why I would stay in that area. Idk man, I had no clue it was this bad here. Well I knew Memphis was bad, but I didnt know what area was what

4 dead several others still being treated at Vanderbilt Med center.

Suspect still out there.

Took my daughter to one in Florida. Thankfully it was empty, and she hated it. There's one Puerto Rican/some other brown flavor in her class and of course they are having the kids party at Chuck E Cheese. Can't wait.

Damn. Didn't know you lived in the Ghetto.

T and Ps

Damn. Didn't know you lived in the Ghetto.

T and Ps

Only one.

Sarcasm. Get it

We got a couple of Chinese so it balances out. You need a 2-1 Chinese to pr/aa differential to keep things manageable

So the shooter was a bottomless white guy, who knows what drugs he was on. A guy wrestled the gun away from him when he stopped to reload and he ran off. That dude is a freakin genuine hero.

Dad should face charges

Shouid send him to the moon