Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Group of 16 black people walk out on $400+ restaurant bill.

http://wreg.com/2018/06/06/group-lights-up-walks-out-on-420-restaurant-bill/

The group caused commotion, lit up weed and walked out on the bill. Theres a happy ending though, after the story aired, a grandparent came in and paid the whole bill and the restaurant dropped the charges. Still just a sickening display. Honesty 420$ seems low for 16 people.

• Like 1

who spends 26 PP if they aren't paying?

B.S. meter is high

He said they treated themselves: they ordered some of the most expensive things on the menu including $11 margaritas.

treated themselves? those cows couldn't drink more than 1?

wait, am I allowed to call them cows? someone ask the left

Fock'm, I'd still press charges...... P.O.S.

They tried to do this to a Messican place, must really hit home.

Id have slapped gratuity on there auto, like any table of 6+ or so should have. Blacks are already known for bad tipping, Ill bet the wait staff was regretting it as soon as they came through the door...kind of like every business does.

Fock'm, I'd still press charges...... P.O.S.

Had a similar situation in my town that ended up on GMA. Guys came in late in the middle of a snowstorm to a Mexican restaurant. The kitchen was closed, so the guys got mad and one destroyed the awning outside. Was caught on video, so the police posted it looking for more information. Guy who did it confessed and offered to pay to fix the awning. The restaurant decided not to press charges.

I think it is the Messican restaurants because they don't want ICE breathing down their necks. :lol:

Id have slapped gratuity on there auto, like any table of 6+ or so should have. Blacks are already known for bad tipping, Ill bet the wait staff was regretting it as soon as they came through the door...kind of like every business does.

jesus dude. you don't even try to hide it

Had a similar situation in my town that ended up on GMA. Guys came in late in the middle of a snowstorm to a Mexican restaurant. The kitchen was closed, so the guys got mad and one destroyed the awning outside. Was caught on video, so the police posted it looking for more information. Guy who did it confessed and offered to pay to fix the awning. The restaurant decided not to press charges.

I think it is the Messican restaurants because they don't want ICE breathing down their necks. :lol:

My favorite Messican place in the world, and I have eaten at a lot. is here in Beverly Ma

http://acapulcos.net/

one of my favorite things, there are 0 white people and 100% mexican staff. food is great. I used to work upstairs in the offices and I ate there one a week for like 4 years

Are they not known for bad tipping? Do business owners not fear or regret when a group of them comes in? Im not being racist, Im just being real. Ok maybe it is a racist sentiment..but the truth is sometimes ugly.

• Like 1

They tried to do this to a Messican place, must really hit home.

:lol: :nono:

Straight up. I have waited tables many times over the years. I spent my early 20s waiting tables. I worked in a red lobster. A cracker barrel, a Steak and Shake and at a local no name restaurant. Within the serving industry it is VERY well known that black people do not tip. It is not like there is any guessing about it. They simply do not tip. At each place I worked at the same thing went down. Blacks would come in and everyone in the bullpen would hope they are not the one up to serve them. Demanding and then at the end they give you like a dollar on a 50 dollar meal. Or nothing. Then you have to smile at them like that is an OK thing to do. Is it really racist if its true?

• Like 1

Straight up. I have waited tables many times over the years. I spent my early 20s waiting tables. I worked in a red lobster. A cracker barrel, a Steak and Shake and at a local no name restaurant. Within the serving industry it is VERY well known that black people do not tip. It is not like there is any guessing about it. They simply do not tip. At each place I worked at the same thing went down. Blacks would come in and everyone in the bullpen would hope they are not the one up to serve them. Demanding and then at the end they give you like a dollar on a 50 dollar meal. Or nothing. Then you have to smile at them like that is an OK thing to do. Is it really racist if its true?

Now a days, yes. :wall:

It appears they left their usual tip.

:lol:

he did not just say they were bad tippers

Blacks are already known for bad tipping, Ill bet the wait staff was regretting it as soon as they came through the door...kind of like every business does.

That's putting your racism right out on the proverbial table :)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do-americans-tip-people-of-color-less-money-2017-10-31

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do-americans-tip-people-of-color-less-money-2017-10-31

I know and I’m sorry, that was a bit harsh. But does anyone else want to dispute this or say I’m wrong? It sounds crazy but I’m really not racist on a person to person basis. If I meet someone on the street I treat them the same no matter what they look like.

I know and I’m sorry, that was a bit harsh. But does anyone else want to dispute this or say I’m wrong? It sounds crazy but I’m really not racist on a person to person basis. If I meet someone on the street I treat them the same no matter what they look like.

i'm playing devils advocate, because I feel this place is really falling into a racist pit,, we can't get out of

i'm playing devils advocate, because I feel this place is really falling into a racist pit,, we can't get out of

I can agree, and sometimes its easy to be excessive since it goes over so well. But behind the nasty connotation of my post, theres unfortunate truth. Even hookers have a no AA policy usually. Hookers! That aint because of dong size. Its because their odds of getting beaten up or not tipped goes way up. (I wouldnt tip em either, fock that, their fee is their tip.)

I can agree, and sometimes its easy to be excessive since it goes over so well. But behind the nasty connotation of my post, theres unfortunate truth. Even hookers have a no AA policy usually. Hookers! That aint because of dong size. Its because their odds of getting beaten up or not tipped goes way up.

I thought that was because of the chance they get split apart?

I thought that was because of the chance they get split apart?

I used to think that, but I’ve seen forums where sex workers talk about it and how it’s just self preservation (not just vaginal) and too risky. I’ve googled it out of curiosity.

The bill was $420 and the leader was smoking weed?

Coincidence?

Our article does not address the point. It indicated black workers receive less in tips than their white counterparts regardless of the tippers race.

What the question is - are blacks bad tippers, not do blacks get bad tips.

Our article does not address the point. It indicated black workers receive less in tips than their white counterparts regardless of the tippers race.

What the question is - are blacks bad tippers, not do blacks get bad tips.

Not sure even Trump wants to write that article.

No its true. They are bad tippers. Used to work at my sisters restaurant back in the day. Theirs is a chicken wing restaurant so a lot of blacks came in. However, occasionally you would get a couple decent ones. A lot of times the repeat customers always would request me and would actually tip pretty decent. Probably cause I didnt treat them with contempt and chatted with them a bit.

But on the whole, yes black people dont tip well at all

Grew up in Upstate NY and waited tables during high school / college. Don't have much experience with the brothers, but a table full of French Canadians always meant jack sh1t when it came to tips.

Grew up in Upstate NY and waited tables during high school / college. Don't have much experience with the brothers, but a table full of French Canadians always meant jack sh1t when it came to tips.

Now this, I can verify. Frenchies tip for sh1t

Now this, I can verify. Frenchies tip for sh1t

I had maybe 2 times I had frenchies from Quebec come through. Both times I remember them not tipping sh1t. Of course, overseas tipping is almost unheard of

I had maybe 2 times I had frenchies from Quebec come through. Both times I remember them not tipping sh1t. Of course, overseas tipping is almost unheard of

Canada isn't overseas. :doh:

Canada isn't overseas. :doh:

No sh1t. I was just stating a fact about people from overseas such as people who actually came here from France cause the others here might have had frenchies that werent Canadian

It's not just that they're bad tippers. Historically, they are incredibly demanding. Very rude to the staff. And probably most damaging of all, they take up at 10 top or whatever and then just sit there and sit there and sit there. Other not knowing or not caring that turnover is key in the restaurant industry.

Honest to God, a huge percentage of these class action suits were blacks go after restaurant chains? Is because they bring it on themselves. Staff and were management tries to hustle them out tries to bend over backwards to clear the tables, offering to bring them anything else and they just sit there and sit there.

Oh, and by the way? The reason to go for Mexican joints is because blacks like their flavors. Meaning, they like flavored, fruity, beverages. One of the first thing is Magic Johnson did when he bought all those theaters was swap out a lot of the colas for orange and grape Etc. And made a fortune just on that alone.

We had a Mexican place just down the block from one of my locals in Houston. He was bitching about everything I just typed. And the one thing we all told him? Get rid of all your fruity margaritas. He did, and his problems cleared up about 80% overnight.

I've never noticed a difference, both working as a waiter and going out with AA friends. :dunno:

I've never noticed a difference, both working as a waiter and going out with AA friends. :dunno:

Ok then it’s settled, everyone else is wrong and you are right. Easy peazy. Cheers

Ok then it’s settled, everyone else is wrong and you are right. Easy peazy. Cheers

Nah, I just gave my personal experience. But it appears a difference does exist when this topic has been studied: http://www.tippingresearch.com/uploads/ethnicdifferences.pdf

Anecdotal evidence suggests that many waiters and waitresses deliver poor service to ethnic minorities because they believe that ethnic minorities are poor tippers. How managers should deal with this problem depends in part on whether or not ethnic minorities really do tip less than Whites and (if they do) on when and why this occurs. This paper reports on two studies that address these issues. The results indicate that Asians tip less than Whites in comparisons across (but not within) restaurants and that Blacks tip less than Whites in comparisons both across and within restaurants.