Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Crabtree to sign with Raiders

As a Crabtree owner I can't say I'm very happy as this is an Oakland team going nowhere. I had my hopes up when Baltimore expressed interest. I guess he becomes the best WR they have and I hope Carr develops into an NFL caliber QB which may well happen since IMO he did OK for a rookie especially considering what he had to work with.

Unless the Raiders draft a better WR

Just posted this on FFT News page...

FFToday's Take: If true, Crabtree would join James Jones, Rod Streater, Andre Holmes and perhaps a top receiving rookie as weapons for young quarterback Derek Carr. Crabtree caught 68 passes for 698 yards and 4 TDs last season in San Francisco but has yet to regain his form from 2012 when he finished as fantasy's No.15 wide receiver. It's hard to imagine Crabtree making a meaningful fantasy impact in 2015 as the Raiders attempt to right the ship.

Crabtree's arrow is pointing sideways at best.

• Like 1

Carr >>>> Kap

Step in the right direction.

I think the Raiders are 'arrow up' but I do not think Crabtree is going to go there and do much more than James Jones did last year: 73/666/6 ~ around 10 points/game in PPR. Andre Holmes led the team with just about 700 yards, which was 66th in receiving yards for the year. Carr has skills and should continue to grow into a serviceable QB for OAK. Thinking he's going to catapult Crabtree to 1k + receiving yards would likely be a mistake though. He'll be lucky to duplicate last year's totals imo.

I think Oakland will surprise this year, I think Carr and L.Murray have some major upside

what do you expect to see the Raiders do this season ?

doesn't Crabtree have a problem with dropped passes?

I don't think so but I know where that's coming from. Rotoworld did some analysis and found he did drop a lot of balls last year, I read their blurb on it. I've no reason to doubt it, they're really reliable on facts.But Crabtree has a longer career and this hasn't been a prblem, I think it's a one year anomaly. Where I do have real worries is his rebuilt Achilles and his foot injury from last year. It may be permanently slowing him down and affecting his career as well as a sign that his body is wearing down.

Don't see the upside

I truly don't see the Raiders taking a receiver in the first round. I think they address their defense first and get a receiver in the 2nd (kid from USC maybe).

Rod Streater is better than people give him credit for and should give Carr another option that he missed last year. While their receiving corps still has a lot to be desired, this is a team that was a couple plays away from legitimately having three more wins last season, and against quality opponents (including the Super Bowl champion Patriots).

I think Crabtree could get 80/900/5 this season. While not earth shattering numbers, id take it for where hes going to be going in redrafts. So please, continue to devalue him and Carr.

Crabtree played 740 snaps last season and was rated 95th in wide receiver efficiency by Pro Football Focus. That was below the top four Raider WR's on the team. He's also lost a step off that blazing 4.54 speed since his injury. There's a reason the interest in him was lukewarm at best. The Raiders took a very low risk approach with him, probably to add some flexibility going into the draft. In some eyes by not locking them into a WR at #4 overall. However that's exactly what they're going to do.

If they take Cooper, who'll play flanker and 3rd down slot, Holmes will beat out Crabtree at split end. If they take White, who's a legit #1 split end, Crabtree might not make the team.

Exactly

55-65 catches 575-675 yards, 4-6 TDs is what i figure... Probably ranked somewhere in the 35-45 range of wideout

55-65 catches 575-675 yards, 4-6 TDs is what i figure... Probably ranked somewhere in the 35-45 range of wideout

And overdrafted every time