Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Where does Joe Mixon get drafted?

Guy was not invited to the combine. A few months ago I was hearing that no one's drafting him. Now he's mocking I. The 2nd or 3rd in what appears to be a deep RB class.

Hard to say but I think he's probably going a round or two below what he's mocking.

4th or 5th I suppose.

With the league swinging back towards RBs a talented player like him won't fall out of the draft.

Could be a steal for someone.

What is the Difffence from what he did and what Rice did ?

Rice was in the NFL when he did what he did.

that is super easy. When ray rice did it he was washed up and averaging like 2.3 ypc. Mixon is a 1st round talent who can catch out of the backfield that is going to fall till possibly the 3rd which makes him a value pick based on talent alone.
  • Like 1

Don't be fooled. If ray rice were still a star. He would have been forgiven. He was not. So he was not.

• Like 2

Hopefully with my Raiders. Bring him in with a 2nd or 3rd with the understanding that he already has two strikes. If he stays out of trouble he could be an elite RB.

Sadly I would agree.

His video was awful.

All that can be done is to Pray for him.

I think he's the best running back in the draft. Really excited for his proday so we can get some numbers to compare him with.

I think he's the best running back in the draft. Really excited for his proday so we can get some numbers to compare him with.

Better than Fournette?

With all this talk about Mixon, I finally saw the video. And, like Ray Rice, what exactly was Mixon supposed to do???

The blonde pushed Mixon, and then struck him in the head - FIRST.

If you aggressively confront someone and make bodily contact, EXPECT the person you attack to respond! It is that simple.

*If* I was team with a strong / winning Head Coach, and established leaders in the locker room / a quarterback, I'd definitely take a chance on Mixon. With that being said - I don't think New England will risk the PR flack that comes with taking him. The Oakland Raiders and their culture isn't a good fit either. I'll see after the Draft where he ends up - but I think he could be successful, depending on which team takes him.

Just ran through some teams in my head - how about Seattle?

With all this talk about Mixon, I finally saw the video. And, like Ray Rice, what exactly was Mixon supposed to do???

The blonde pushed Mixon, and then struck him in the head - FIRST.

If you aggressively confront someone and make bodily contact, EXPECT the person you attack to respond! It is that simple.

*If* I was team with a strong / winning Head Coach, and established leaders in the locker room / a quarterback, I'd definitely take a chance on Mixon. With that being said - I don't think New England will risk the PR flack that comes with taking him. The Oakland Raiders and their culture isn't a good fit either. I'll see after the Draft where he ends up - but I think he could be successful, depending on which team takes him.

Just ran through some teams in my head - how about Seattle?

NO No NO. As MEN we are not allowed to strike a woman back. It does not matter that the woman fully deserved this as she was the aggressor. SHE gets a pass because she is but a delicate flower and he is a monster. Give me a focking break. I have NO pity for her at all.

The lions run game is shittt. I would take mixon in the 2nd in a heartbeat and laugh all the way to the bank.

I think there is a little too much assumption going on here. Why did she push him to begin with? Does she just like mixing it up with professional athletes? Probably not, though I have met some women who let their mind be known no matter who is on the other end.

Now let's assume for a sec she was the aggressor, the question What else was z Joe supposed to do? Umm... Maybe not break her jaw for being pushed. If you think that was the best way to resolve the situation then maybe you need to reevaluate your look on life.

Joe Mixon lied about that night. He said he was called a racial slur, in which he later admitted never happened. So right away his credibility takes a major hit.

Her side was that he wouldn't leave her alone and that she tried to escape into a restaurant where she hoped he wouldn't follow her, as he basically told her Why is she with the loser accompanying her. After pestering her relentlessly she pushed him.

There is no audio or any video outside the restaurant so there is no way to know for sure whose side is telling more of the truth. I personally believe the woman and Mixon lying pretty much ruined his credibility in this instance in my mind. Mixon did something horrible either way. He should not have literally rearranged her face because she pushed him.

Better than Fournette?

For PPR I think so. He's obviously not the more physical battering ram that Fournette is. Once Fournette gets full speed, don't stand in his way. But I believe Mixon is the more well rounded of the two. Better catcher, better blocker, more athletic.

Please don't take this as Fournette hate though. I have him as my number 2 back, and have no issue with anyone taking him #1 in a rookie draft. I just personally believe in Mixon more. Just a gut feeling.

• Like 1

I also want to add that my belief stems from being taught men should never hit women. Not everyone was raised that way and some don't think it's a big deal. It's just my personal belief.

Still, he is going to be drafted by someone and he is a fantasy asset. If you believe he is valuable as player then why let someone else use him against you? I have Tyreek Hill on one team, who is no different and possibly worse.

The fact though that Mixons agent tried to deflect what he did and bring up Hill as a much worse off person, it's just so sleezy imo. Oh and the overwhelming amount of talk about how Mixon is just a great human being, its just over the top. Not sure why so many feel the need to defend a guy who rearranged a woman's face. We don't have to punish him forever, but we also don't have to bend over backwards to explain away what he did.

For PPR I think so. He's obviously not the more physical battering ram that Fournette is. Once Fournette gets full speed, don't stand in his way. But I believe Mixon is the more well rounded of the two. Better catcher, better blocker, more athletic.

Please don't take this as Fournette hate though. I have him as my number 2 back, and have no issue with anyone taking him #1 in a rookie draft. I just personally believe in Mixon more. Just a gut feeling.

No no. I wasn't taking it that way at all. I am happy to hear the reasoning.

No no. I wasn't taking it that way at all. I am happy to hear the reasoning.

fournette does not catch balls. He is just a straight line runner and could just as easily be Jeremy Hill 2.0

fournette does not catch balls. He is just a straight line runner and could just as easily be Jeremy Hill 2.0

Hill is pretty slow while Fournette set the 40 record for a back over 240 pounds. He is an absolute machine. Now his side to side may be questionable to go along with his questionable hands. I still think he would at worst be Jordan Howard, which would still be pretty good and way better than Hill imo.

The thing that sucks is I can't really compare those pro day numbers to combine numbers. The combine is as close to a level playing field as we are going to get for everybody in the same class and even for groups from year to year. The numbers from pro days are almost invariably rosier, sometimes significantly so, and no guarantee to even be reliable at all. We get completely different coaches for each with stop watches on a different day (as opposed to laser timing the whole group or at last the same timer on the same day), different conditions, and maybe most importantly an entirely different setting/experience (more akin to home field advantage in sports) than the numbers obtained by the whole field equally during a grueling, long hours, multi-day event. All the little differences can add up to a very large difference in the end. And we are talking about data sets where tenths of seconds can be entirely different tiers.

They are interesting nonetheless, but in no way comparable for me. I do not include them in my own database for comparisons sake.

Hopefully with my Raiders. Bring him in with a 2nd or 3rd with the understanding that he already has two strikes. If he stays out of trouble he could be an elite RB.

Not a chance. Not with Mark Davis' stance on DV. Not with what happened with Biletnikoff's daughter. In fact I'd be surprised to see Peterson end up in Oakland.

I googled the Mixon incident and the consensus was dude and his buddies were giving the girls gay friend a hard time prior to this outside. He followed them in and said something to or about the littler kid, who turned his back and muttered a response. Initially Mixon claimed it was a racial slur, which he later admitted lying about. Laughable, considering there were two other African-American kids sitting right there. At this point Mixon turned and bowed up. I actually think he bullies and assaults the gay kid if the girl doesn't step in.

At some point decency needs to come into the equation and Mixon just walk away. Instead dude delivers a right hook so vicious his elbow was up at ear level. Seriously he could've killed that girl. Then he walks out without a bit of remorse or guilt. For the life of me I can't understand how authorities let him off with a wrist slap.

that kid, I hope he catches hell in the NFL.

• Like 1

Not a chance. Not with Mark Davis' stance on DV. Not with what happened with Biletnikoff's daughter. In fact I'd be surprised to see Peterson end up in Oakland.

I googled the Mixon incident and the consensus was dude and his buddies were giving the girls gay friend a hard time prior to this outside. He followed them in and said something to or about the littler kid, who turned his back and muttered a response. Initially Mixon claimed it was a racial slur, which he later admitted lying about. Laughable, considering there were two other African-American kids sitting right there. At this point Mixon turned and bowed up. I actually think he bullies and assaults the gay kid if the girl doesn't step in.

At some point decency needs to come into the equation and Mixon just walk away. Instead dude delivers a right hook so vicious his elbow was up at ear level. Seriously he could've killed that girl. Then he walks out without a bit of remorse or guilt. For the life of me I can't understand how authorities let him off with a wrist slap.

###### that kid, I hope he catches hell in the NFL.

Yeah that is another point that I should have included. He could have killed her with that hit. Is killing a woman worth "defending" oneself from a small shove?

"He could have killed her with that hit." Really?!? So, a college RB's mitts are as dangerous as Mike Tyson's... :nono:

The thing that sucks is I can't really compare those pro day numbers to combine numbers. The combine is as close to a level playing field as we are going to get for everybody in the same class and even for groups from year to year. The numbers from pro days are almost invariably rosier, sometimes significantly so, and no guarantee to even be reliable at all. We get completely different coaches for each with stop watches on a different day (as opposed to laser timing the whole group or at last the same timer on the same day), different conditions, and maybe most importantly an entirely different setting/experience (more akin to home field advantage in sports) than the numbers obtained by the whole field equally during a grueling, long hours, multi-day event. All the little differences can add up to a very large difference in the end. And we are talking about data sets where tenths of seconds can be entirely different tiers.

They are interesting nonetheless, but in no way comparable for me. I do not include them in my own database for comparisons sake.

Very true, home pro days do inflate measurables. But, at least we do have something to compare.

The Cincy backfield is coincidentally my comparisons for the two guys. Fournette is a slightly better Hill, while Mixon is a greatly better Bernard.

Sure he could have killed her.

What he did There is no excuse.

As a man and you are in that postion, you man up and walk away.

Even if she is hitting you , you just man up and walk.

He easily could have killed her, and ended up in prison.

Personally I don't see any difference between his attack on this woman than what I saw from Ray Rice.

He could have defended himself by just walking away.

• Like 1

"He could have killed her with that hit." Really?!? So, a college RB's mitts are as dangerous as Mike Tyson's... :nono:

Never heard of someone dying from a punch?

Dynasty drafts this year can easily go first 4 picks RB between these two. Then add in Cook and McCaffery. I'm not a big advocate of Kamara, but the buzz is pretty big, and if drafted to a good situation. The top 5 picks could all be RB's. I can't ever remember a draft like that. And that's even nowadays with the RB position being more committee compared to back in the day with the 1 true stud. The talent of these kids this year is pretty amazing. The crazy part is, next year will be a great rookie RB draft also.

Sure he could have killed her.

What he did There is no excuse.

As a man and you are in that postion, you man up and walk away.

Even if she is hitting you , you just man up and walk.

He easily could have killed her, and ended up in prison.

Personally I don't see any difference between his attack on this woman than what I saw from Ray Rice.

He could have defended himself by just walking away.

Devils advocate post: What if ultimately he saved her life. She CLEARLY will never hit another man for the rest of her life. The next guy she would've hit could kill her.

• Like 1

Devils advocate post: What if ultimately he saved her life. She CLEARLY will never hit another man for the rest of her life. The next guy she would've hit could kill her.

Devil speak indeed lol

• Like 1

Clocked at 4.43 at his Pro day.

Edit: and that's at 6'1 226

Already have several different numbers being reported...............

The other thing about Proday's.................the agents have a much better shot at controlling the news flow. #Therearenofactsonlyprevalentinterpretations

Is Perine running. Comparing his pro day to his combine, might be a good way to accurately see what Mixon would've done at the combine with laser timing.

Is Perine running. Comparing his pro day to his combine, might be a good way to accurately see what Mixon would've done at the combine with laser timing.

I do not know exactly how this pro day is being run, so in that sense I would be talking out of my a$$ in relation to this one, but.......

In a general sense you will get an official timer associated with the university. Said timer may be on the accurate side or not. You will get a number of NFL team representatives with stop watches. It could be the 70 yr old coach, whose reflexes are shot it could be the 25 yr old scout. Said representative may have had too much to drink the night before and be on a 50 different venues in 30 days tour............... or not.

The agent, if its a big time prospect, will likely have a timer there as well.

The info that first makes it out and gets reported on the wires tends to win the day for the public but it may be accurate or not. If I was going to include info from a pro day anything timed would be the least likely to be accurate IMO. So that's 40, 3 cone, all the splits, etc

I do not know exactly how this pro day is being run, so in that sense I would be talking out of my a$$ in relation to this one, but.......

In a general sense you will get an official timer associated with the university. Said timer may be on the accurate side or not. You will get a number of NFL team representatives with stop watches. It could be the 70 yr old coach, whose reflexes are shot it could be the 25 yr old scout. Said representative may have had too much to drink the night before and be on a 50 different venues in 30 days tour............... or not.

The agent, if its a big time prospect, will likely have a timer there as well.

The info that first makes it out and gets reported on the wires tends to win the day for the public but it may be accurate or not. If I was going to include info from a pro day anything................. timed would be the least likely to be accurate IMO. So that's 40, 3 cone, all the splits, etc

So of these stats I would be more inclined to weight the vert and the broad than the timed, but even on those measurements its two different playing fields when it comes to being in Indy and wherever the Proday happens.

Mixon's pro day numbers vs. Combine RBs

40 (4.43): 4th

Vert (35): T-7th

Broad (9'10"): T-9th

3-cone (6.96): 5th

SS (4.25): 5th

0 replies2 retweets0 likes

I doubt that to be honest. She has been shown by the actions of those around her that there is no consequences for hitting a man. She can do anything she likes and have no personal repercussions. I will not hit a woman. Once a woman starts hitting me she fails to be a woman and becomes an assailant. Don't start none and there won't be none.

I doubt that to be honest. She has been shown by the actions of those around her that there is no consequences for hitting a man. She can do anything she likes and have no personal repercussions. I will not hit a woman. Once a woman starts hitting me she fails to be a woman and becomes an assailant. Don't start none and there won't be none.

So you belive Mixon, the one who has already lied, over the woman, and she deserves to have her face broken because she shoved him?

I look at it like this, if I was Mixons father and I saw the video, there is no reason he could ever give me to make what he did OK.

So of these stats I would be more inclined to weight the vert and the broad than the timed, but even on those measurements its two different playing fields when it comes to being in Indy and wherever the Proday happens.

Mixon's pro day numbers vs. Combine RBs

40 (4.43): 4th

Vert (35): T-7th

Broad (9'10"): T-9th

3-cone (6.96): 5th

SS (4.25): 5th

0 replies2 retweets0 likes

FWIW, I have no doubt the kid can ball. To my eyes for the tape I've looked at, he may play a bit slower than that 40 time........ which is no problem at all in any way shape or form. I do think there is something wrong with the 3 cone and SS numbers relative to his tape though........... these numbers are too slow and would have him a couple of tiers (comparing across classes, the last 6) below what I would have expected in terms of agility if I used them.

Are we saying that if a man hits a woman it should be looked upon as a teaching tool?

There's no way I'm going to agree with that.

To hit a woman is just a man being out of control.

I'm all for protecting ones self, and when it's a man vs a woman like it was in this situation the man can protect both party's by just being a man and walking away.