Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Seahawks' RBs (for now)

All sorts of stuff going on - but nothing as sexy as Prosise and Pope, it appears.

So, as mentioned before, Alex Collins is/was the #4, but he has failed to impress thus far (putting it mildly, as far as fans are concerned). Still, he's on the roster - so that's good.

Then today, there's this:

#Seahawks signed RB Zac Brooks to their practice squad.

Brooks played during preseason, then was waived during roster cuts. Can't remember much about him, one way or the other, Think he was okay, but that's about it.

Condotta thinks this is the reason for Zac being signed to the practice squad:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta 4h4 hours ago

So beefing up the practice squad. Would assume this means Farmer up to 53-man but we'll see.

George Farmer is...hmm. Not exciting, shall we say. Still, who knows?

Hit the link for some of Pete Carroll's thoughts on the issue: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-will-hope-to-continue-running-game-resurgence-with-c-j-prosise-and-troymaine-pope-likely-sidelined-a-while/

ETA: Rawls! I left out Rawls - here's Pete to tell you about him:

Carroll said Rawls played more than expected — 40 snaps overall —- and took a bit of punishment against the Eagles but should be fine for Sunday.

“He’s banged up now,’’ Carroll said. “He threw his body around. He was like in a train wreck. But he’ll be taken care of this week. We’ll get him back and really excited to see him play for us. He played great, he looked terrific. A little bit out of control a couple of times, but he’s going to be on the verge of out control if he’s at his best anyway, so that’s just fine with us.’’

At another point, Carroll said of Rawls that: “This is his first real contact and he legitimately got after it. He’s a little bit trashed today.”

But Carroll reiterated that despite the fact Rawls got more work than they anticipated, he should be fine for Sunday’s game against the Bucs.

Trying to drop prosise for smallwood. I was really hoping prosise could have been my flex for the rest of the year.

Collins has game. He is the add for speculative buyers. Was beginning to think he wouldn't get his chance this season.....but he is now an injury away.

I REALLY liked Alex Collins in the draft this year. I saw him run for 1k yards every year in the SEC for an offense that wasn't that great. Was going to draft him as a sleeper this season until I saw him go to Seattle who had already taken a rookie RB (Prosise) ahead of him and had CMike and Rawls. I thought there was no way he'd become relevant this season but as the poster above said he's now one injury away.

The only thing stopping him from being a hot commodity if Rawls goes down (not out of the question given his running style and injury history) is this guy Troymaine Pope. Apparently Seattle really loves him and was upset Jets claimed him during cuts as they were hoping to get him on the practice squad. They immediately scooped him up when Jets released him.

Apparently still being sorted a bit - but basically RB George Farmer has been promoted to the 53-man roster, fullback Malcolm Johnson has been signed to the practice squad (where he'll join RB Zac Brooks)...and according to Pete, Troymaine Pope is 'bouncing around pretty good', which sounds promising.

For some more information on roster moves and injuries, hit the link:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-promote-running-back-george-farmer-to-53-man-roster-while-earl-thomas-deshawn-shead-and-michael-bennett-all-likely-out-this-week/

Rawls > every Seattle rb by far

and still not even close to filling BEASTMODE void!

Seems to me that in 2015 when Rawls was called upon to carry the load, he was similar to Lynch statwise. Had some big games and solid YPC.

If he's healthy I think he's going to be able to put up very good numbers.

But He has the toughest schedule for any runner left in the season. It won't be easy.

and still not even close to filling BEASTMODE void!

Sure he is.

Well, he wasn't grabbing his crotch as he dives in the endzone or refusing to do interviews or talk to the press, but otherwise I think he filled the void last year quite nicely.

• Like 1

Wilson being healthy will help him out a lot.

I'm glad I picked him up a few weeks ago and held him.

His schedule doesn't bother me , the Seahawks as a team seem to be getting it going and I'm glad to be on board.

Wilson being healthy will help him out a lot.

I'm glad I picked him up a few weeks ago and held him.

His schedule doesn't bother me , the Seahawks as a team seem to be getting it going and I'm glad to be on board.

and even if the schedule is bad, he's good enough as an individual and Sea is definitely good enough as a team, to at least keep him on the RB2 radar.

he's definitely fantasy relevant now, and in the discussion for being an every week must start.

Well, he wasn't grabbing his crotch as he dives in the endzone or refusing to do interviews or talk to the press, but otherwise I think he filled the void last year quite nicely.

There is something to be said for durability.

Marshawn Lynch had it, Rawls doesn't.

There is something to be said for durability.

Marshawn Lynch had it, Rawls doesn't.

Thus far, this is true.

Yeah I would agree.

He's a Rb2 going forward .

Huh. Okay, here is a little more background info on George Farmer. While it doesn't entirely erase doubts about his present efficacy, it is intriguing. To begin with, he's been with the team longer than I had realized - and he's also a hybrid player in the Prosise mold:

“He’s a very skilled athlete,” Bevell said after practice on Wednesday of the 6-1, 220-pounder. “He has great speed, great hands, he has a good understanding of what we’re trying to do. We’ve moved him enough here with the Seattle Seahawks to know quite a bit about him. He has running back in his background — that’s where he started at USC.”

As Bevell noted, Farmer played at USC, where he signed in 2011, regarded as one of the top receivers in the nation...

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-will-george-farmer-fit-into-the-seahawks-offense-this-week/

Apparently the Runningback Rubik's Cube continues apace, with Brooks out (again), the possible/hopeful return of Pope and the Collins situation becoming further muddled - at the moment, anyway:

Seattle Seahawks @seahawksPR Verified account Tuesday, November 29th

The @Seahawks have released RB Zac Brooks and RB Malcolm Johnson from the practice squad and signed WR Kevin Smith to the practice squad.

Re: Pope

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/11/29/13779648/troymaine-pope-injury-update-timeline-seahawks-alex-collins-thomas-rawls-panthers-ankle?utm_campaign=fieldgulls&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

eta:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta now1 minute ago

Carroll on Rawls: "He's just getting back. It's preseason game three.'' Says doing better this week physically than last week.

i'm considering cutting Rawls in one league where rosters lock Sunday for 1st week of playoffs and only 6 bench spots. I need a backup at every position but kicker and at this point, from what i saw of that offensive line, he's not going to be very effective this year.

i'm considering cutting Rawls in one league where rosters lock Sunday for 1st week of playoffs and only 6 bench spots. I need a backup at every position but kicker and at this point, from what i saw of that offensive line, he's not going to be very effective this year.

For what it's worth, Justin Britt is returning this week (due to injury, he was replaced at center by rookie Joey Hunt last week). Also, Sowell will be coming back in at left tackle. They've been doing some serious shuffling with the OL, and the anticipation is that we'll be seeing an improved unit come gametime.

I'm certainly not the one to talk you into something that you have reservations about, but I will point out that Rawls was still not back 100% in his last match - but has supposedly continued to improve and rehabilitate during the week. *shrugs* A couple of things to consider, at any rate.

If and as I get any more Seattle RB updates, I'll post 'em here.

• Like 1

I dont think that was ever in question. the issue with Rawls is his ability to stay healthy.

if you got him on your roster at this point in the season and you are playoff bound, you've gotta be happy.

For what it's worth, Justin Britt is returning this week (due to injury, he was replaced at center by rookie Joey Hunt last week). Also, Sowell will be coming back in at left tackle. They've been doing some serious shuffling with the OL, and the anticipation is that we'll be seeing an improved unit come gametime.

I'm certainly not the one to talk you into something that you have reservations about, but I will point out that Rawls was still not back 100% in his last match - but has supposedly continued to improve and rehabilitate during the week. *shrugs* A couple of things to consider, at any rate.

If and as I get any more Seattle RB updates, I'll post 'em here.

Great, definitely appreciate the update. If I was to jettison him it would be for a cut-rate TE, so it's a move I really don't to have to make. If he's a better keep than Rob Kelley, he's an option for the ejector seat as well. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You might as well keep him. Only RB currently on Seahawks roster that can even be found on waivers in yahoo. George Farmer isn't even in the wire pool haha. That's how bad it is

Troymaine Pope was a full participant in practice today, prompting this observation:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta

Pope being back could get in the running for carries behind Rawls on Sunday against Panthers.

- which gave rise to an interesting question from a fan:

"Pope or Collins is next in line?"

...and an equally interesting response:

Bob Condotta @bcondotta

The last time each was healthy Pope was active and Collins wasn't.

B)

According to reports, Rawls is finally back to 100% heading into tomorrow's matchup with Carolina:

"He’ll get the ball quite a bit in this ballgame, and we will not restrict him at all," Carroll said.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/23506/pete-carroll-thomas-rawls-will-get-the-ball-quite-a-bit

Troymaine Pope is evidently recovered from his ankle injury and will be 'available to play' tomorrow:

Running back Troymaine Pope is expected to back up Thomas Rawls after missing last week's game with an ankle injury.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18190219/michael-bennett-earl-thomas-5-seattle-seahawks-return

I have not been able to find any mention of Alex Collins whatsoever as pertains to the Sunday Night game, so it's likely probable that he will be declared inactive tomorrow. (sorry, stonewall :dunno: )

I thought Sowell was taking over at RT?

I had heard they liked Fants progression at LT.

Fant, Glowinski, Britt, Ifedi, Sowell.

I thought Sowell was taking over at RT?

I had heard they liked Fants progression at LT.

Fant, Glowinski, Britt, Ifedi, Sowell.

I thought so, too.

Rawls is back.....

Yep. It's worth noting that Carroll is a man of his word - a rare thing in the Land of Coachspeak:

"He’ll get the ball quite a bit in this ballgame, and we will not restrict him at all," Carroll said.

Glad I hung on to him :thumbsup:

Hate that he is on my bench :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

.....and Rawls in concussion protocol.

That didn't last long.

(Edit: Passed procol and returned to game)

I have Zek, Bell, Jordan Howard, and Rawls on an Auction league. I don't even think Rawls will see the field for me on that league.

• Like 1

Troymaine Pope was a full participant in practice today, prompting this observation:

- which gave rise to an interesting question from a fan:

...and an equally interesting response:

B)

Kept and started Rawls, paid big benefits. From what I saw in the game, he looked very explosive. Glad he was cleared from the concussion during the game.

Kept and started Rawls, paid big benefits. From what I saw in the game, he looked very explosive. Glad he was cleared from the concussion during the game.

Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Rawls will be Championship horse this year.

glad he's on a team in our league that's already out of the playoffs.

that guy's team got decimated by injuries early, but now hitting their stride even though it's too late.

he's got David Johnson, Gore, R. Kelley, Rawls, Luck & Mariota, Eifert, Santos...all out of our playoffs.

• Like 1