Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Shady to Bills

Good for the Bills. Good to get him out of the NFC East !!!!

Oh, this could be awesome.

The final spot on my offseason dynasty roster was either going Chris Polk or Sam Bradford. I cut Bradford reluctantly because I absolutely had to handcuff Shady. Now, spliting up McCoy and Polk makes Polk their default #1 RB! This may be temporary but it's worth the gamble. I can only hope the Eagles get jerked around on the RB market which may be asking a lot considering how many big FA names are out there.

I'll have to read more.

Kiko is going to be a stud for a decade, this might bite the bills in the ass.

I am shocked. :shocking:

One thing is for sure, after unloading salaries from McCoy, Cary, Cole, Herramins and probably DeMeco the Eagles will have a ridiculous amount of cap space to play with in free agency next week. I won't be surprised now if they end up landing multiple big names on the D and go all in for Mariota in the draft.

Kiko is going to be a stud for a decade, this might bite the bills in the ass.

If it walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck, it's an Eagle.

I am shocked. :shocking:

One thing is for sure, after unloading salaries from McCoy, Cary, Cole, Herramins and probably DeMeco the Eagles will have a ridiculous amount of cap space to play with in free agency next week. I won't be surprised now if they end up landing multiple big names on the D and go all in for Mariota in the draft.

With all the other stud RBs out there, they may want one of them. The pay scale for RB is dropping can be had for cheaper than McCoy. Even though it's a strong class, I'd rather they draft a rookie RB and let Polk fight it out with that guy for the starting gig... oops I'm thinking about how this affects me and nobody cares except maybe on the mange board.

With all the other stud RBs out there, they may want one of them. The pay scale for RB is dropping can be had for cheaper than McCoy. Even though it's a strong class, I'd rather they draft a rookie RB and let Polk fight it out with that guy for the starting gig... oops I'm thinking about how this affects me and nobody cares except maybe on the mange board.

correct assumption.

The real winner here is Sproles. I expect his receptions to be back in the 70's again. Carries will probably remain in the 50-70 territory.

Looking at the FA RB list there's not a whole lot there. After Murray, who would you bother to sign? Spiller, Matthews, Forsett? Dunno. If I were the Eagles is expand Polk's role and either draft a RB in the mid rounds or sign a relatively cheap stopgap and commit to a RBBC.

Eagles are absolutely in the running for CB Maxwell or McCourtey now. And I have to think they're going to plug multiple holes on D via free agency.

The real winner here is Sproles. I expect his receptions to be back in the 70's again. Carries will probably remain in the 50-70 territory.

I don't think so. Sproles is still great at what he does but is more of a gadgety chess piece in Chip Kelly's offense as he was in NO. He's also old and has never carried the load as a true RB. I've paid close attention to the Eagles RB situation as it's been critical to my dynasty team for years, and I always assumed last year that if something were to happen to McCoy, Polk would be the beneficiary. Polk's been great in spot duty and already stole goal line work from McCoy.

Obviously, there's now a hole at RB in Philly but there's a lot of fine RB bodies on the FA market that need to find homes as well as a strong incoming rookie class. I'm crossing my fingers Polk is the beneficiary, but there's still much that needs to shake out before September. I'm not worried about Sproles beating out Polk, he kind of does his own thing and the two compliment each other.

Looking at the FA RB list there's not a whole lot there. After Murray, who would you bother to sign? Spiller, Matthews, Forsett?

Older guys like the 2000 presidential choices of Bush and Gore as well as CJ1.2K if any of them still has gas in the tank.

Knowshown, Ridley. Vereen (for somebody else besides Philly as he's a younger but less talented Sproles).

Some others too but say 3+3+3 is nine right there in addition to a fine selection of rookies.

I think we are looking at a full blown RBBC.

Sproles is purely a receiver / gadget player. No team is ever going to give him more than a handful if carries per game so his value is purely as a pass catcher.

Polk may see a slight bump but he's more of a physical short yardage rusher than a lead back. I think he could handle 150-175 carries but that's not enough to achieve fantasy relevance. More likely he gets 5-10 carries as a change of pace.

What they're missing is that in between RB who has a little playmaking ability, can catch the ball out of the backfield and handle 200 carries in a season.

Looking at the free agent class ... Ryan Matthews actually looks like a decent fit. Especially if you plan to limit his workload because he's made of glass. Otherwise maybe a RB in the 3-4 rounds.

Incidentally i would live for the Eagles to carry 4 RBs this year. A team that runs the ball as much as Philly really needs depth.

CJ Spiller : I'm sure Chip Kelly has my number.

:lol:

Lets say the Eagles sign Murray, who should cost as much or near McCoy. Murray/Alonso> McCoy. Plus you hurt Dallas.

Ingram had a solid year. I see him going there. No way the Saints retain his services.

Lets say the Eagles sign Murray, who should cost as much or near McCoy. Murray/Alonso> McCoy. Plus you hurt Dallas.

The Eagles sign Murray.

The Eagles sign Murray.

I highly doubt it, but I bet they'd love Jerry Jones to think it.

I say they go after a middle tier guy like Matthews or Spiller. And go after a CB like Maxwell.

I say they go after a middle tier guy like Matthews or Spiller. And go after a CB like Maxwell.

Sigh. Hi, I'm frank. I make smartass comments.

He said "let's say the Eagles sign Murray", so I said......,

Sigh. Hi, I'm frank. I make smartass comments.

He said "let's say the Eagles sign Murray", so I said......,

You jokester you

I thought that AP was going to Dallas...Hasn't this been the consensus all along?

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't this be perfect scenario for JJ?

McCoy apparently isn't happy and going to make this difficult. We'll see how this plays out.

McCoy apparently isn't happy and going to make this difficult. We'll see how this plays out.

Does he have a no trade clause?

Does he have a no trade clause?

Nope. That's why it makes no sense if he's pissed. If he didn't wanna go anywhere he should've made sure it was in his contract.

Eagles lose their bellcow RB and it leaves with with a big hole in the backfield and some very pedestrian weapons on O.

In the plus side, they've filled a hole at LB with a young stud and cleared a ton of cap space. I expect they will be major players in free agency, which will give them some flexibility in the draft.

Until now I thought the Mariota talk was ridiculous. After yesterday I think it's a very real possibility.

Major needs right now:

CB

S

OLB/DE

RB

Secondary needs:

WR

OL

QB isn't really a major need but the chance to go from average to elite is very enticing.

One thing is it sure: Maxwell or McCourtey will be playing CB or the Eagles next year.

Devin McCourtey is a safety

Well they'll convert him. Duh. :doh:

Eagles badly need a safety too, I misspoke.

Eagles lose their bellcow RB and it leaves with with a big hole in the backfield and some very pedestrian weapons on O.

In the plus side, they've filled a hole at LB with a young stud and cleared a ton of cap space. I expect they will be major players in free agency, which will give them some flexibility in the draft.

Until now I thought the Mariota talk was ridiculous. After yesterday I think it's a very real possibility.

Major needs right now:

CB

S

OLB/DE

RB

Secondary needs:

WR

OL

QB isn't really a major need but the chance to go from average to elite is very enticing.

One thing is it sure: Maxwell or McCourtey will be playing CB or the Eagles next year.

I think Philly will make a run at Randall Cobb.

I think Philly will make a run at Randall Cobb.

I think they'd be better off retaining Maclin for slightly less $$$ and signing Torrey Smith as the deep threat across from him.

fock i don't want to sell the farm for mariotta. im wondering about this whole oregon bs with chip. stick with foles and sure up def.

i actually like the mccoy move. fock him. draft a young rb & wr. sign maxwell & another db.

Hillary Clinton was traded to the Bills?

Hillary Clinton was traded to the Bills?

Don't turn a true sports thread into a political BS doucheybag :wave:

Don't turn a true sports thread into a political BS doucheybag :wave:

my bad :(

couldn't resist the shady after her email snafu

couldn't resist the shady after her email snafu

:lol:

You'd think McCoy would embrace this move. The Bills have made it clear they want to run the ball and play defense - with the freakish Wadkins catching balls. Outside of living in Buffalo - I think it's a good move, for both teams. .