I'm in a league where there is an auction where each team acquires 10 players, then there is a 12 round draft (it's a long night). Is there a way to use Draft Buddy to track both?
Combo Auction and Draft
Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:43 PM
Hi bytheway. That does sound like a long night. An awesome long night
I believe we've answered this before in prior years so let me hit the forum search and see what I can find. How much time between auction and pick style draft?
Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:47 PM
I found this in my email to someone last year who had a 5 round auction, 20 round pick draft...
1. On the rules tab fill in settings for a 5 round auction
- number of auction rounds and roster size, 5 each
- auction draft, yes and salary cap, min bid, min increment
- starters: QB = 0.75, RB = 2, WR = 2, TE = 0.25, the rest and backups zero (or whatever you think is appropriate)
2. action tab > Compile Cheatsheets which will create 60 pick auction report tab and dollar values on cheatsheets
3. Insert a blank sheet where, after the auction is done, you can copy over the columns "Winning bidder" "Pos" "Player" "Actual Bid"
4. Back on rules tab (you can do this after step 2 above, and before your draft) change draft rounds and roster size to 20, turn auction to no and input starters / backups for the league
5. Auction begins and finishes ... now copy the data from those columns shown above in step 3 to your blank sheet.
6. Hit Compile Cheatsheets, takes a minute, but should create a 240 pick draft report tab, removing the auction report tab and dollar values from cheatsheets.
7. Copy data from the auction over to the draft report tab. Winning bidder team names go under Pick Traded To column, and Pos and Player to those spots.
8. Now, the draft order. You can switch it if is out of order. You can try resetting on owners tab, but since you are starting round 6, an even round, input in owners tab in reverse order. Failing that, you can select the teams by clicking on them right on the draft report tab. Select them 1-12, then 12-1 for rounds 6 and 7 in Buddy, and then highlight those names, copy and paste in to rounds 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, etc., etc.
Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:02 PM
Thanks Mike! I'll do a trial run before draft night to make sure I do it correctly. There's about 15-20 minutes between the auction and draft.
Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:52 PM
Mike, I think I got it to work just fine. To speed up Step 7, I sorted the auction results by owner, then created a draft order position for each pick to match the serpentine draft order position in the draft report tab. That way I could copy the entire auction results at once into the draft report, and not do it one by one.
Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:02 PM
FYI regarding Step 4: you have to wait to change the roster size until AFTER the auction is completed, or else the max bid is thrown off.