Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Samuel L. Blackson - "Manchester By the Sea" is not an inclusive film.

What a complete and utter fraud.

Samuel L. Jackson has never been one to mince words, a reputation he lived up to during an appearance at the Dubai International Film Festival late last week. While accepting his Lifetime Achievement Awards, Jackson shared his thoughts on a number of “Oscar bait” movies and the “politics” of awards season. “The movies they choose to say are amazing and great, you know — ‘Manchester by the Sea,’ oh my god, you must see it, it’s an amazing film!’” he said. “But, ehh, I guess it is — to somebody.”

“It’s not an inclusive film, you know what I mean?” Jackson added. “Manchester” takes place in Massachusetts and stars Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler and Lucas Hedges. Still, it wasn’t the only autumnal offering the actor spoke of: “I’m sure that ‘Moonlight’ will be thought of the same way. They’ll say, ‘Well, that’s a black movie. Where are the white people?’ We’ll say the same thing about ‘Manchester by the Sea.'”

“There are all these ‘Oscar bait’ movies. I was looking at the trailer for this Will Smith movie the other day and I’m like, really?” he said of the upcoming “Collateral Beauty,” which also stars Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet, Edward Norton and Keira Knightley. “It’s another one of those, ‘Oh my God, life is so wonderful, take time to sniff the roses.'” Read his full comments at TheWrap.

Manchester By The sea, which used to be called Manchester, but was sick of people saying Manchester, when they meant Manchester New Hampshire, so they added "by the sea"

Well let me tell you SAM. Manchester (which is the neighboring city to where I live"

Is the whitest god damn city you'll find anywhere. It's a very well to do town, with gorgeous houses and boats.

The racial makeup of the town 97.6% White, 1% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.9% Asian, 0.1% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.5% of the population.

Way to be Sam. Way to do your homework. Focking dink.

I'm so f****** sick of this s***. Look, Its an award show. It's not supposed to be equally represented. It's supposed to aWard The best.

This b******* that everybody gets a trophy Has to end. Blacks represent a smaller and smaller portion of society. That means they don't have to be in every God damn movie and every God damn TV show.

And, while we are at it, how many whites have been awarded an Essence Award?

I'm so f****** sick of this s***. Look, Its an award show. It's not supposed to be equally represented. It's supposed to aWard The best.

This b******* that everybody gets a trophy Has to end. Blacks represent a smaller and smaller portion of society. That means they don't have to be in every God damn movie and every God damn TV show.

And, while we are at it, how many whites have been awarded an Essence Award?

He's b`tching the movie didn't have any black people when it's based on a town with 1% black people.

He's a focking hack

MWA - Manchesterians With Attitude

Respect the police comin' straight from my manicured lawn

A young fella got it good cause I'm white

And not the other color so police think

They have the authority to pull over a minority

Fudge that bidness, cause they ain't none here

:yawn:

Sounds pretty white to me.

The median home value in Manchester is $742,800. Manchester home values have declined -0.5% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 3.6% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in Manchester is $364, which is higher than the Boston Metro average of $250. The median price of homes currently listed in Manchester is $914,500.

I haven't seen anyone criticize Moonlight for its lack of white. I did see it received several GG nominations. So it seems it's being recognized as a good movie more so than a black movie. Good art, by nature, is inclusive. It speaks to us all.

Maybe Samuel L. is better off sticking to the credit card commercials.

Would've been better if he threw a few motherfockers in there.

:doublethumbsup:

Would've been better if he threw a few motherfockers in there.

:first:

The problem is any idiot can say this sh1t on social media now and then it gets picked up and followed like it's a real story.

It's just some idiot saying something stupid. Probably to advance his own career.

Same thing with Kaepernick etc.

No need to get up in arms - just a moron spewing uninformed crap out of his mouth. We used to ignore these people :dunno:

I hope this picture sweeps the Oscars

It was filmed in the city next to mine and I haven't the slightest idea what it's about.

Maybe i'll check out a trailer. :|

I saw a piece of the trailer and I saw a boat.

I don't want to believe it is about fishing.,

Looks pretty good. I think Casey Affleck is a great actor, he should get more recognition

Definitely a good actor, maybe better than his brah.

Just watched the Trailer. the accents are horrific :( what else is new from a movie shot on the East coast of MA.

Seems like the follow up to Big Daddy.

Definitely a good actor, maybe better than his brah.

He's got more range than his bro. He's more of a pure actor whereas Ben is writer director etc.

Both good though, I don't care what the haters say

He's got more range than his bro. He's more of a pure actor whereas Ben is writer director etc.

both better than Damon

Ben sucks. Fact. Hollywood lefties love him though. He was good in mall rats playing a douche. Fogetable in everything else.

Ben sucks. Fact. Hollywood lefties love him though. He was good in mall rats playing a douche. Fogetable in everything else.

Holy crap, you're kinda right. :o

I looked through his list of movies he acted in.

memorable for me.

Chasing Amy

The Company Men

The Town

Argo

Something's been rolling around my head for a while;

There was all kinds of black drama about the black santa claus.

Trevor Noah was all over it.

So, when is it "inclusive" and when is it "appropriation"?

Example:

1. Black Santa? Oh yea, just an inclusive Santa.

2. White Rapper? STOP STEALING OUR CULTURE!!!!

Example:

Weekend Update touched on the black santa this weekend.

Of course Michael Chia did it.

https://youtu.be/qogE29hAlZU?t=8m45s

Holy crap, you're kinda right. :o

I looked through his list of movies he acted in.

memorable for me.

Chasing Amy

The Company Men

The Town

Argo

How is he right when you're citing other movies he has been memorable in? :wacko:

Not to mention the fact that his talents are more as a writer/director e.g. Good Will Hunting, The Town, Argo, Gone Baby Gone. That's a pretty focking solid list right there.

How is he right when you're citing other movies he has been memorable in? :wacko:

Not to mention the fact that his talents are more as a writer/director e.g. Good Will Hunting, The Town, Argo, Gone Baby Gone. That's a pretty focking solid list right there.

4 (for me), out of 65.. not a great record.

I didn't even include Gigli

He is a tremendous writer/director. can't take that away from him.

That isn't what we were discussing though, was it?

4 (for me), out of 65.. not a great record.

I didn't even include Gigli

He is a tremendous writer/director. can't take that away from him.

That isn't what we were discussing though, was it?

Well I thought that's what we were discussing since I said Casey is the better actor but Ben has value as writer/director.

Even as an actor, most of them have quite a bit more duds than home runs.

Well I thought that's what we were discussing since I said Casey is the better actor but Ben has value as writer/director.

Even as an actor, most of them have quite a bit more duds than home runs.

I personally needed to look up Ben's list of movies to see if I missed any he was memorable in.

HT said memorable roles, I was replying to that.

I love Ben to death, even though he's a bleeding heart liberal.

Loved watching him when he was on Maher

I personally needed to look up Ben's list of movies to see if I missed any he was memorable in.

HT said memorable roles, I was replying to that.

I love Ben to death, even though he's a bleeding heart liberal.

Loved watching him when he was on Maher

Fair enough.

FTR, politics has nothing to do with it. The man is talented. Just like Clint Eastwood is talented despite looking like a raving loon at the Republican Convention

Fair enough.

FTR, politics has nothing to do with it. The man is talented. Just like Clint Eastwood is talented despite looking like a raving loon at the Republican Convention

He is crazy talented. I don't give 2 sh1ts what side he leans. He's a Bostonboy, I love him and Matt and Casey.

I love Curt Schilling too for what he did. Talk about crazy political nuts.

Fair enough.

There it is. Clint Eastwood is talented. So is Tom Cruise, and he's a kook. Ben ain't. But leftist Hollywood keeps trotting him out there, despite the fact the public isn't interested. Have another reason he keeps getting chances in big roles? Like Batman?

There it is. Clint Eastwood is talented. So is Tom Cruise, and he's a kook. Ben ain't. But leftist Hollywood keeps trotting him out there, despite the fact the public isn't interested. Have another reason he keeps getting chances in big roles? Like Batman?

For god sake even Mel Gibson is back!

The problem is any idiot can say this sh1t on social media now and then it gets picked up and followed like it's a real story.

Like the white supremacists getting ready to take over the country, right?

It was filmed in the city next to mine and I haven't the slightest idea what it's about.

Maybe i'll check out a trailer. :|

I saw a piece of the trailer and I saw a boat.

I don't want to believe it is about fishing.,

It's about pizza

I like them both, and Damon. Great movies, but very misguided in real life.

Like the white supremacists getting ready to take over the country, right?

Ha!

Example:

Since Santa is imaginary he could be purple for all the fock I care, but please, not black. Scare the chit outa kids.

Santa is white, OK? Jesus is not. Can't people just accept the obvious? Everyone always butt hurt.