Sign in to follow this  
Wilson3b

Draft strategy

Yeah defiantly H2H was always a major factor in luck. A lot of people have abandoned them and for good reason.

But even taking the H2H format out, I wasn't trying to exactly bash anyone for doing a lot of research. But it is fairly silly if you think about it. There are so many factors of luck over the course of a football game and football season.

I can totally get this. Anything with a slight edge over time is going to make a return. But what is a 3% edge do for you in say a decade of fantasy football? You are also assuming there are cream puffs in your league or that no one else puts in the research you do. I am in 2 leagues both 14 teams and I would say there is one cream puff. The rest have done this for a while and know football. I agree the people who pay the most attention especially in-season will consistently compete. But what if 12 or 13/14 all pay attention and know football?

I'm all for following the offseason to know what is going on. If I didn't play fantasy football I would still do just as much of that. But analyzing rankings for weeks on end, ADPs, draft strategy......meh. I get if you some how enjoy the work, but I'm just saying I doubt it is helping anywhere close to the time put into it. And was just making an observation that is it wild that something most everyone can agree is largely luck, gets so many people who put hours a day towards trying to dodge the onslaught of luck and chance.

I agree with everything you said. If you're in a league where everyone does a ton of research chances are the extra hour of research or podcast won't do anything. At some point the research is just a hobby for those that like to look at historical information and statistics to try and project highly variable future results.

• Like 1