Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Trey Burton is the guy to own in Chicago

I think of the first offensive 10 plays by the Bears on Saturday, Trey Burton lined up in 7 different positions. He made a great block on one play, scored a TD on another, and Nagy mentioned that the on field relationship between Trubisky and Burton is really starting to be in sync with the Bears plans.

Great game against the Broncos.

• Like 1

I think of the first offensive 10 plays by the Bears on Saturday, Trey Burton lined up in 7 different positions. He made a great block on one play, scored a TD on another, and Nagy mentioned that the on field relationship between Trubisky and Burton is really starting to be in sync with the Bears plans.

Great game against the Broncos.

I roster Trey Burton and I approve this message.

Mmm I’m not sold.

I’m going too let someone’s else take him and see how he does.

Mmm I’m not sold.

I’m going too let someone’s else take him and see how he does.

That will probably be me now that I have seen his involvement in their offense. I'm buying in now more than ever.

I like Burton a lot for this offense, but Adam Shaheen was drafted in the 2nd round last year. If you can still get Burton for a bargain, it's a no Brainer. I still expect Shaheen to be used a decent amount

I liked him a lot more before his ADP started to rise. You're now paying for the potential breakout and need him to finish in the top 5 for him to be a bargain.

I agree with about everything said. My league drafts early. I got Burton August 11 in the 9th Round. I hear he's going a little earlier now. Potential definitely there though...

I liked him a lot more before his ADP started to rise. You're now paying for the potential breakout and need him to finish in the top 5 for him to be a bargain.

I still see him being ranked around 10 for TEs. Which is pretty low if you think about it. And I bet a lot of folks will put Njoku and Reed ahead of him. A #10 TE rank is pretty far down there in the draft. Who are you going to miss out on in those late rounds for a possible impact #1 TE? If Kelce goes too high in my auction league I will focus on grabbing Walker and/or Burton.

I still see him being ranked around 10 for TEs. Which is pretty low if you think about it. And I bet a lot of folks will put Njoku and Reed ahead of him. A #10 TE rank is pretty far down there in the draft. Who are you going to miss out on in those late rounds for a possible impact #1 TE? If Kelce goes too high in my auction league I will focus on grabbing Walker and/or Burton.

If he's actually the TE 10 then I agree he's a bargain, but I don't think he'll go as TE #10 anymore. I see him as a guy who's ADP will rise with every day that passes, and by the time my drafts come around, in the next week or two, I think he'll be going around Walker and Rudolph. I still like him and will probably target him, but I think I'll have to "reach" for him a couple rounds sooner than I would have.

I agree with post number 5.

Last season Shaheen was a rookie, now coming into his second season I think he will improve his play.

Plus as A Robinson seen the field yet?

I like Burton a lot for this offense, but Adam Shaheen was drafted in the 2nd round last year.

Last season Shaheen was a rookie, now coming into his second season I think he will improve his play.

Didn't Shaheen get hurt?

Didn't Shaheen get hurt?

Bears TE Adam Shaheen is believed to have escaped Saturday night's injury with a low ankle sprain.
If so, it would give Shaheen an outside shot to play in Week 1. Shaheen's injury looked gruesome on the field and he had to be carted off. With Dion Sims out lately due to a concussion, Shaheen has been working as the Bears' first-team "Y" tight end with Trey Burton in the catch-first "F" tight end role. Aug 19 - 5:20 PM

Plus has A Robinson seen the field yet?

There's also Anthony Miller to consider as well as Tarik Cohen. Somebody is gonna get the short stick when it comes to divvying around the targets.

From Rotoworld:

Bears TE Adam Shaheen is believed to have escaped Saturday night's injury with a low ankle sprain.
If so, it would give Shaheen an outside shot to play in Week 1. Shaheen's injury looked gruesome on the field and he had to be carted off. With Dion Sims out lately due to a concussion, Shaheen has been working as the Bears' first-team "Y" tight end with Trey Burton in the catch-first "F" tight end role. Aug 19 - 5:20 PM

My take is that the Bears are putting a lot thought in how they are using Burton. It has been discussed a bunch in the Chicago media and was shown in their game this past weekend.

Agree with post 13.

Plus the Bears seem limited at Qb too be able too feed all that talent.

Didn't Shaheen get hurt?

Wasn’t it reported that he should be fine?

Wasn’t it reported that he should be fine?

As posted above, outside chance he plays by week one. That's called a setback for a second year guy who doesn't receive much attention in the passing game as it is.

Outside chance then he should be fine?

Limited at the Qb postion is what bothers be about Burton.

Wheres Robinson?

Then you have the slot guy Miller

And Cohen out the back field.

A second year te that was a high draft pick.

Like I said Ill pass and let other enjoy Burton.

Outside chance then he should be fine?

Beats me. But it definitely means he won't get the same practice time as he would if he was healthy. A 2nd year TE, in a new offense, missing a couple weeks practice prior to the season, and coming off of an injury to start the year, just doesn't bode well for a player who is not being targeted as a pass catcher as it is.

They signed Burton on the first day of free agency and gave him big TE money, and they want to use the 2nd year guy who was already on the roster?

They signed Burton on the first day of free agency and gave him big TE money, and they want to use the 2nd year guy who was already on the roster?

I'm not saying Shaheen is going to catch more balls, just that there are two useful pass catching tight ends. I think Burton is a great pick as a 8th rounder or later. If you need to pay a premium for him though, Shaheen makes the situation a little dicey.

Plus, the Bucs spent a really early pick on OJ Howard only to give Brate big time TE money. I can see where Burton was given the money, but he isn't on the field sometimes because Shaheen seems to be a pretty good pass catching tight end also

I'm not saying Shaheen is going to catch more balls, just that there are two useful pass catching tight ends. I think Burton is a great pick as a 8th rounder or later. If you need to pay a premium for him though, Shaheen makes the situation a little dicey.

Plus, the Bucs spent a really early pick on OJ Howard only to give Brate big time TE money. I can see where Burton was given the money, but he isn't on the field sometimes because Shaheen seems to be a pretty good pass catching tight end also

Maybe it's just deception by the Bears to show Burton as both a decoy and a key target in that last game by moving him all over the place, but that would be kind of silly to waste part of an important preseason game for the coaches to do that.

Maybe it's just deception by the Bears to show Burton as both a decoy and a key target in that last game by moving him all over the place, but that would be kind of silly to waste part of an important preseason game for the coaches to do that.

What happened as not deception. But Shaheen got hurt very early. I bet Shaheen would hVe gotten some of those plays had he not gotten hurt

Thinking that Burton can be this years Ertz. In fact, he looked every bit as good as Ertz when he got playing time last year in Philly, and vultured several TD's.

Still a great value at current ADP. I'm in.

Thinking that Burton can be this years Ertz. In fact, he looked every bit as good as Ertz when he got playing time last year in Philly, and vultured several TD's.

Still a great value at current ADP. I'm in.

This. I started Burton twice when Ertz could not go last season and was very pleased both times when he produced Ertz like numbers. I immediately thought to myself wherever he goes in the off season, I will follow and take him in fantasy. Now his ADP is much higher than I ever expected it to be back in March but I am still going after Burton if I can. Nagy views Burton as his Kelce and while I don't think Trubisky can support Allen Robinson where he's being drafted, I do believe he can support Burton (and Miller and Cohen) where they're going.

• Like 1

This. I started Burton twice when Ertz could not go last season and was very pleased both times when he produced Ertz like numbers. I immediately thought to myself wherever he goes in the off season, I will follow and take him in fantasy. Now his ADP is much higher than I ever expected it to be back in March but I am still going after Burton if I can. Nagy views Burton as his Kelce and while I don't think Trubisky can support Allen Robinson where he's being drafted, I do believe he can support Burton (and Miller and Cohen) where they're going.

I am targeting Allen Robinson, but man he hasnt shown anytbing. How doesn't he even get a target?

Wow, A lot of people are down on Trubisky. Remember, Wentz in his rookie season threw for something like 16 TDs and 14 interceptions in 15 games. I see a lot of good in Trubisky. He can move around the pocket well, has escapability, is good on the run, his arm is not a question mark, he has got great coaching and what looks to be an awesome cast of skill players around him. A decent oline and every time I hear the guy interview, he doesn't mess around. He just tows the company line and I like that in a player. I think he does very well for this Bears team and even though he will have his struggles most likely, like every young QB, I'm really excited as a Bears fan about him.

Wow, A lot of people are down on Trubisky. Remember, Wentz in his rookie season threw for something like 16 TDs and 14 interceptions in 15 games. I see a lot of good in Trubisky. He can move around the pocket well, has escapability, is good on the run, his arm is not a question mark, he has got great coaching and what looks to be an awesome cast of skill players around him. A decent oline and every time I hear the guy interview, he doesn't mess around. He just tows the company line and I like that in a player. I think he does very well for this Bears team and even though he will have his struggles most likely, like every young QB, I'm really excited as a Bears fan about him.

As a Bears fan I think we have the future right here with Trubisky. It's why I am still optimistic about Robinson even though he hasn't shown anything yet

As a Bears fan I think we have the future right here with Trubisky. It's why I am still optimistic about Robinson even though he hasn't shown anything yet

Win, lose, or draw, Trubisky will get his chance to show what he can bring this year. This is not your grampa John Fox's offense any longer.

Win, lose, or draw, Trubisky will get his chance to show what he can bring this year. This is not your grampa John Fox's offense any longer.

They finally got a real offensive minded coach. And not some old retread like Norv Turner.

I still see Burton has a sleeper in that not everyone thinks of him. He did well filling in for Ertz and I think the Bears actively brought him in. They didn't do that for him to sit. But, ADP and value are two different things. His ADP has inched up to where he's now the 9th TE taken, where he's passed Doyle and Reed. But his value (ranking based on projections) has him at #11, behind those two guys. That's not good value. Reed has his injury risk, but when he plays, he's dynamic. Maybe Burton is that too. But it's mostly unknown. I'm just not that sold on Doyle. He played well last year and we all know how Luck loves him some tight end, but I don't know.

Once you get past the top 8, there is a bit of fall off. Reed is a known stud when healthy. Doyle has produced. And Burton looks like he could be a guy.

The fall after these guys is even more. But, that's 11 TEs to be had. And that's not even counting Eifiert, Clay, Kittle, Cook, Njoku, Brate and Howard, ASJ, and even Old Man Watson.

Lots of TEs!

The top 8 are known. The middle 3 have some questions. After that, the questions start to really add up.

8th round or later now when you tht he was better then Jimmy Graham and top 5. make up your mind.