Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

REGULAR SEASON TALK & THOUGHTS

It's always been Tuesday night.

It is a lame time..earliest of my four leagues. Even dumbshit edjr has the die nasty to run Wed mornings at 8 am EST.

Favorite is my big money league. BB runs at 6 PM Wed EST and then opens up for FCFS Thursday morning at 6 AM EST...could be moved to a later time with a league like MFFL spread across the country.

Why is it lame? I like it and think all the other leagues with later waiver times suck.

It's lame cause you like it. That's all I need to know. :wave:

It's lame cause you like it. That's all I need to know. :wave:

c'mon, you said it was lame before you knew what I thought. :D

c'mon, you said it was lame before you knew what I thought. :D

No need to get all side tracked with facts.

It sucks missing out on players just because I am busy on Tuesday nights.

Can't you put in claims Monday or even Sunday nights? Or Tuesday at all during the day?

I see no difference between running them at midnight Wednesday morning or Wednesday at 8 am... I'm probably not checking things while I'm getting dressed and driving to work.

These waivers suck, who sets them to run on Tuesday night.

I have missed them two weeks in a row, I really needed some players this week, this is absolutely killing my team.

This

meh. i still don't get it. i wouldnt care much if they were pushed back but if you think about it logically, what time makes more sense than 12AM wednesday? 12 noon?

if you do it in the morning, people are busiest so I cant imagine those extra few hours are going to do anything for you that you couldnt have done all day and night tuesday. and if you puch it to 12am thursday, what if you want to send out some trades involving picked up players? not much time before TNF kickoff.

maybe moz can put a few options to a vote? it would impact the entire league equally and wouldnt matter that we are in week 3. a change could be made if everyone agreed.

Looks like I was wrong on Freeman. He is a mediocre talent on a team filled with mediocre talents at the rb position.

I would have expected him to grab the #2 spot by now, but I could not have been more wrong.

meh. i still don't get it. i wouldnt care much if they were pushed back but if you think about it logically, what time makes more sense than 12AM wednesday? 12 noon?

if you do it in the morning, people are busiest so I cant imagine those extra few hours are going to do anything for you that you couldnt have done all day and night tuesday. and if you puch it to 12am thursday, what if you want to send out some trades involving picked up players? not much time before TNF kickoff.

maybe moz can put a few options to a vote? it would impact the entire league equally and wouldnt matter that we are in week 3. a change could be made if everyone agreed.

logically the best time is Wed 10pm est.

Looks like I was wrong on Freeman. He is a mediocre talent on a team filled with mediocre talents at the rb position.

I would have expected him to grab the #2 spot by now, but I could not have been more wrong.

Everyone was wrong on that guy. He is jaquizz 2.0. Antone smith should get the most touches on that team. Dude can score from anywhere. He is super darren sproles. Its ok to have a tiny guy like sproles get a bunch of touches and everyone loves him. Mention antone smiths name and all anyone says is how he must not be good because they dont get him a lot of carries. Pretty piss poor logic if you ask me. I cant remember another rb who scored every 4th touch in the NFL and was still denied carries.

If freeman was doing what smith does, everyone would be screaming for mike smith to be fired for not giving him more touches. Ridiculous.

Side note: i have been sick all week and just contracted pink eye. I will be around more when im better.

Picked up A. Smith in my big $ auction league after someone else dropped him after week 1. If any of the other RBs go down, his stock should rise. Chance are out of the 4 of them someone is gonna miss some time. He's way down my bench but ya never know...it's a long season

Lies. I was right on Steven jackson. Dude is running well behind the revamped o-line. Only thing keeping him down is the flow of these falcons games.

How long he holds up, who knows

Lies. I was right on Steven jackson. Dude is running well behind the revamped o-line. Only thing keeping him down is the flow of these falcons games.

How long he holds up, who knows

SJax was running with renewed gusto...haven't had him on a squad since his best season years ago and have avoided him ever since, but he did look good.

Well, Arian Foster is a surprise inactive (not surprising that he's missing a game, just the timing here). I had too many good players to start anyway, so either Gore or Kelvin Benjamin are going to get an opportunity to work their way into my lineup.

The fockign site focked me ! :wall: :mad: I started Indy defense but I guess it never registered now i lose put on a large chunk of points - may not of won anyway but fock this is bullsh!t. Fellas make sure you check the scoring page to be sure your starters are locked in - as I know I set my line up right after I made the waiver to get Indy but it I guess it never took. And I had to drive the Kids back home today so I never cehcked in the morning FOCK :mad:

Well, a crappy week. Still, I'm up 4. I have Forte and he has Chris Ivory. If Forte can't outscore him, I guess I deserve to lose.

Well, a crappy week. Still, I'm up 4. I have Forte and he has Chris Ivory. If Forte can't outscore him, I guess I deserve to lose.

That garbage time td for Kelvin really saved you. Was hoping you'd start Gore.

Still considering my team did nothing outside Brown, I feel good having ivory and only being down 4. Jets D is a strength. If ivory can pinch in 2 score and get 70 yards, I could pull it out

I'm having a sh1tty day and I swear to god, if Forte puts up a dud and I lose to Ivory, I'm going to kill someone.

I'm having a sh1tty day and I swear to god, if Forte puts up a dud and I lose to Ivory, I'm going to kill someone.

meh. it wont happen, and to add insult to injury, marshall has a goose egg which is going to cost me a win or 2 in the IBL and put me 0-3 in the 12geeks league :thumbsdown:

good win.

i have no idea how the Jets don't put their best back on the field for the entire final drive. he was their best back all night, blocking, running AND receiving.

you got it. worst possible MNF, lol Jets losing, marshall with a point, so I go 4-3 in the IBL instead of 6-1.... marshall also drops me to 0-3 in the geek league and youll end up getting me by 2-3 points. in fact, you may not even see ivory out there even though he is clearly their best back in all facets.

my team doesnt really deserve it though so good game. at least my other 3 money leagues were W's

My team didn't deserve the win, but I'll take it. I was shocked to not see ivory on the last drive, but I'm not complaining.

I'm just sick Jamaal Charles is on my bench. Not only in this league, but a 200$ league.

The hobby I've loved most in life for 15 years is coming to a halt.

Too much work, and my 1 day off today I deatl with taking my focking dog with a torn ACL to the vet to take out staples they missed last week, then daughters birthday, car tags with a nice long line, and oh yea, a mother focking ferret, guinea pig, dwarf hamster, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and no focking time. I deal with work, 3 kids, and tooooo many mother focking pets.

I lost tonight b/c of life. I lost week one b/c I couldn't fill a starting wr lineup b/c of life.

Don't expect much from me fellas, sorry.

I'm just sick Jamaal Charles is on my bench. Not only in this league, but a 200$ league.

Too much work, and my 1 day off today I deatl with taking my focking dog with a torn ACL to the vet to take out staples they missed last week, then daughters birthday, car tags with a nice long line, and oh yea, a mother focking ferret, guinea pig, dwarf hamster, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and no focking time. I deal with work, 3 kids, and tooooo many mother focking pets.

I lost tonight b/c of life. I lost week one b/c I couldn't fill a starting wr lineup b/c of life.

i was shocked you had charles on the bench

Last year FF was like that for me, I just couldn't find time pick up players.

Dont stress the down years, fantasy football is supposed to be fun. Everyone here knows that you know your stuff.

I have the time and i have a losing record in every league but one. Same thing as last year. Even with relative diversification of players between teams, i just cant find the right combo... and i also get scored on in every league every week. That doesnt help.

I have the time and i have a losing record in every league but one. Same thing as last year. Even with relative diversification of players between teams, i just cant find the right combo... and i also get scored on in every league every week. That doesnt help.

I always have a league like that. Thank goodness this year's it's the free yahoo geek league hahah. Seems I get scored on each week and I've dealt with Lacy, marshall, patterson and gronk all mostly underperforming. Oh well

I always have a league like that. Thank goodness this year's it's the free yahoo geek league hahah. Seems I get scored on each week and I've dealt with Lacy, marshall, patterson and gronk all mostly underperforming. Oh well

Technically Patterson has never performed satisfactorily as a receiver in the NFL, only when he's gotten a big play or two, sometimes in the running game. You should probably give up on him and cut or trade him to me.

I get you. Last year, my daughter arrived and I was on too many leagues (7). I was starting players on bye weeks or injuries because I couldn't find the time to even set good lineups.

This year, in 3 leagues and thimgs are going well. It'll get better and things will slow down.

PS

im pretty much open to any good trades. almost all of my players are available with the exception of Antonio Brown because I am man crushing and probably Kelce because i'd like to see if he can keep it going.

other than that, send offers. All will be considered or countered.

PS

im pretty much open to any good trades. almost all of my players are available with the exception of Antonio Brown because I am man crushing and probably Kelce because i'd like to see if he can keep it going.

other than that, send offers. All will be considered or countered.

So basically all of your sh!tty players are on the trade block :music_guitarred: