Sign in to follow this  
Illini4evr

Trade: I. Crowell for D. Thomas

in 1st place, low on RB's, got offered I. Crowell for D. Thomas, thoughts?

Team:

QB: T. Brady, B. Roth

RB: E. Elliott, L. Miller, R. Jennings

WR: D. Thomas, T. Pryor, R. Cobb, M. Crabtree, T. Austin, M. Wallace

TE: G. Olsen, K. Rudolph

K: M. Bryant

DEF: Seattle, Arizona

It's okay, but if it was me, I'd rather just drop Austin and Wallace and try to chase another RB via FA. Grab and stash guys available in many leagues are Lewis, Henry, Rawls, Starks, Dixon etc. so grab some of those and keep Thomas.

You also need Alfred Morris big time. You're razor thin at RB, and having him as a handcuff to keep your advantage is way more important than who else I am seeing on your bench.

It's a fair trade so I can see the merit for it, but I'd pass still.

I don't care for it.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the input. League is PPR with 3 WR plus flex (WR/RB/TE). Was thinking of grabbing Morris off FA for Rudolph. Not much else appealing in the RB FA market though.

Looking strictly at the numbers, Crowell is the #10 Ranked RB based STRICTLY on stats as per fftoday. (non ppr) with 95.7 Fantasy points. and ranked #19 for RB in terms of fantasy points per game. (12 points per game)

Demaryius Thomas is the #14 Ranked WR. with 77.5 Fantasy points and ranked #21 at WR in terms of fantasy points per game with 9.7.

In theory, Crowell should be the better player to have on your team, but looking at your WR below:

WR: D. Thomas, T. Pryor, R. Cobb, M. Crabtree, T. Austin, M. Wallace

Crabs has been solid. Prior has been good, but not all that healthy of late. Wallace has been okay.

Now looking at your RB:

what I see is more depth at RB, but the price you are giving up is a starter at WR.

I guess my thought is that with Elliott and Miller as your current starters, you are bringing someone in who is roughly equal to Miller in terms of production. so are you helping yourself at RB other than adding depth?

Not in a significant way.

and you are giving up one of your starters at WR to do it.

so week in and week out you are likely getting 2-3 fantasy points per game less in order to get added depth and a small advantage in terms of being able to play the matchup at RB.

Not worth it in my opinion.

the offer is fair, but given the makeup of your team I dont think it makes sense to do this.