Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Guess the Geek Friday 3-28-14- VOLTAIRE

Wow, total shocker there. Not at all what I thought. Good job Volty. :thumbsup:

TY. It's not a watch by the way. It's the cheapo plastic thing the gym gives you to wear to access the locker.

This is China, remember. I use the beach towel because I don't like to make direct physical contact with the machines. And not just because I'm grungy and sweaty so much, but that's part of it. It's true, I don't want to slime up the equipment for the next guy. But mostly it's because I'm the only one with this sense of concern for the next guy. I don't blame the management, they clean the place well. The thing is the last guy on the machine didn't use a towel, nor the one before... I'm the only one in the whole place who uses the towel. You can see where this is going... I need the focking towel and it has to be extra large.

do Chinese people actually listening the ching chong music?

There's a generational divide. The older ones (like my mother in law) like the Beijing Opera stuff which makes my ears bleed. Then the younger ones like either the bubblegum pop or rap (both in English even though they don't know the words and Chinese). It use to be funny seeing Chinese kids dressed like extras in a Spike Lee movie, now I'm use to it.

If you guys ever wonder what it's like to attempt to paint after watching those Bob Ross videos, these are my first two (and so far only two). When I look at them, I see a dozen problems and things that frustrated me -like the mountains are cr@p- but everybody in China with an untrained eye seems to be fooled. They seem genuinely impressed.

Is untrained slang for "squinty" over there?

Is untrained slang for "squinty" over there?

Maybe. They don't see it for the cr@p it is. My family, visitors to our house, they think I'm Michaelangelo or something. I've no experience or training. I'm just a guy who watched a few Bob Ross episodes and got the bug to try to copy him and did a lousy job.

I guess they do look OK, but when I look at them I know what it was I was trying to do, what it was I did, and how very different the ideal and the actual are from each other. I see a dozen mistakes.

It's only my first two paintings. If I keep at it, I should improve. At least I know I can't do worse mountains than that. Different trees in each painting and both are OK, reflections in the water not too bad. I like my sky but not my clouds.

I'm not sure this GTG was such a good idea. I liked it better when I din't know what you guys looked like. I used to just think you all were nuts. Now I think you're ugly nay funny looking nay weird as well. Maybe it's just me. :shocking:

I'm not sure this GTG was such a good idea. I liked it better when I din't know what you guys looked like. I used to just think you all were nuts. Now I think you're ugly nay funny looking nay weird as well. Maybe it's just me. :shocking:

Valid

No one said it was me? :confused:

Nobody guessed anything except Old Maid who got it right.

It must be because she was checking me out in the Geek Club Members Pic thread that I submitted a photo to eight years ago.

http://www.historylink.org/db_images/JackKerouac_stamp.JPG

I told you guys in the doppleganger thread a month or two ago that I look just like Jack Kerouac. My jaw hit the floor when I saw this stamp. This is me at age 24.18 years & 40 lbs ago.

:cheers:

... don't forget to bring your towel

If you guys ever wonder what it's like to attempt to paint after watching those Bob Ross videos, these are my first two (and so far only two). When I look at them, I see a dozen problems and things that frustrated me -like the mountains are cr@p- but everybody in China with an untrained eye seems to be fooled. They seem genuinely impressed.

Eyes wide shut?

I was too busy at work the last few days to guess.

Is it too late to lay down the insults :lol:

I was too busy at work the last few days to guess.

Is it too late to lay down the insults :lol:

No never. I deliberately chose these pics to give you guys something to work with.

http://www.historylink.org/db_images/JackKerouac_stamp.JPG

I told you guys in the doppleganger thread a month or two ago that I look just like Jack Kerouac. My jaw hit the floor when I saw this stamp. This is me at age 24.18 years & 40 lbs ago.

Thanks for playing. :cheers:. Another day I was too busy to vote, although I wouldn't have voted you because those pics are a lot thinner than you have indicated, at least the posts I remember.

But dood... that Flash Gordon workout outfit has to go. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for playing. :cheers:. Another day I was too busy to vote, although I wouldn't have voted you because those pics are a lot thinner than you have indicated, at least the posts I remember.

But dood... that Flash Gordon workout outfit has to go. :thumbsdown:

I'm going in the right direction. I should change my user name to gettnthin.

Way to play along Volty. Almost embarrassed to call you a fellow Detroiter now. :lol:

j/k nice job with this.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I sure miss living in the mountains.

MTSkiBUM

"This adult on a kid's dirt bike ridin', Moe Howard haircut havin', pink carnation wearin', 5 who married an 8 is our own lovely MTSkiBUM."  haha   Good times