Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

What Is Your Main Money League Roster?

I think we've done a similar thread in years past for this...but looking to see what people have as their main league roster and how they feel about it. Did you draft a sleeper well ahead of his ADP? Multi-QB strategy? Zero RB strategy? While it's easy to dissect the actual data floating out there in the interwebs, most of us realize and find out that on draft day everything changes and #$%# hits the fan.

Additionally, it'll be interesting to see if a lot of people here have similar players taken in the meat and potatoes part of the draft (rounds 5-11). I'd love to see too some of the fliers that make it out of the last rounds in drafts.

I'll update my initial post after my draft tonight, but I figured this would be a fun exercise of futility.

Also, for the sake of uniformity, I think this should be relegated to re-draft only with a max of 2 keepers (for those applicable leagues).

I fall into the 2 keeper category. Players are kept in the round they were drafted the previous year. I traded back from #3 overall to #7 overall to target Luck and a WR earlier in the 2nd. Keepers were Hill in the 6th and L. Murray in the 12th

QB: Luck, Bradford

WR: AJ Green, D. Adams, Landry, A Robinson, Royal, Coleman, R. Randle

RB: Hill, L. Murray, Ivory, Mason, D. Johnson

TE: Gronk, R. Rodgers

Def: Houston

I have posted it in a rate my team thread.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=447347

But if you're interested here is the info:

I've been playing in a competitive league for about 10 years now, 12 team league. Recently we had a rule change to allow teams to keep 1 player on their roster and not draft a player in the first round. Our scoring is 1/2 PPR, big play bonuses, and weighted towards QB's and DST scoring. I drafted second overall, we redraw our draft position every 2 rounds. I took Rodgers second overall after Luck was gone (QB heavy scoring).

Start 8 players, Manditory 1 QB, 1 DST, 1K, minimum 1 RB (up to 4), minimum 1 WR or TE (up to 4).

QB - Rodgers (GB) & Stafford (DET)

RB - Forsett (BAL), C. Hyde (SF), Bernard (CIN), Ivory (NYJ)

WR - Cobb (GB), A. Jeffrey (CHI), Allen (SD), White (ATL), Williams (DAL)

DST - Eagles, Panthers

K - Eagles, Steelers

Draft Strategy, our big-play bounus, 1/2 PPR format actually really favours comboing up a top QB and WR combo can be mega-points for a long TD. A lot of teams matched up the top QB with the top WR on their team. I'd have loved Nelson-Rodgers, but of course Nelson is hurt. Cobb seems like a worthy replacement.

Draft by round. 1 player keeper league.

1. QB - Rodgers
  2. WR - Cobb
  3. RB - Forsett
  4. Philly - D/ST
  5. WR - A. Jeffrey
  6. RB - C. Hyde
  7. RB - G. Bernard
  8. QB - M. Stafford
  9. WR - K. Allen
  10. RB - C. Ivory
  11. WR - R. White
  12. K - Eagles
  13. Panthers DST
  14. WR - T. Williams
  15. K - Steelers

1 keeper, 12-team auction league. Kept Beckham for $1. We have short benches and so the studs and scrubs method is a no-brainier for me because even your $1 bench guys are going to be pretty decent since only 48 RBs and 48 WRs will end up getting drafted. Scoring rules are in my signature...basically it's big bonuses for long TDs and scoring non-traditional TDs for your position.

Rivers $6, Newton $1

Lynch $48, Forsett $31, Coleman $5, D. Johnson $1

Demaryius $45, Beckham $1, Adams $1, Robinson $1

Olsen $12, Clay $1

Parkey $1, Carpenter $1

KC Def $1, Cincy Def $1

Basic PPR Keeper League

Romo, Rivers

Miller, Murray, Martin, Blue, Woodhead

Dez, AJ, Watkins, Steve Smith, John Brown, Ch. Johnson

Kelce, Eifert

Bills

M. Bryant

Stafford--Eli

J.bell

Giovanni

Andre Williams

Deangelo

Dez

Aj green

Hopkins

Jarvis Landry

Stills

Hurns

Clay

Crosby

Seattle

Only need to start 1 rb thank god

Stafford--Eli

J.bell

Giovanni

Andre Williams

Deangelo

Dez

Aj green

Hopkins

Jarvis Landry

Stills

Hurns

Clay

Crosby

Seattle

Only need to start 1 rb thank god

Maybe pair Bell and a WR together to the Abdullah owner if he has any extra RBS that would be a weekly start instead of a best of mentality?

I sent him something today actually , no word yet ..and we play any combo of 6 position players. Have to start 1 at each pos....I like my wrs ,guess we will see how it goes.

10 team, non-ppr, standard scoring:

10th pick, snake draft

1.10) WR J. Jones

2.1) WR Megatron

3.10) RB AlfMo

4.1) RB Ingram

5.10) WR Tate (looking back, should have went with K. Allen taken after, forgot I had Megatron)

6.1) QB Brees (honestly, was keying on Stafford late, but he was still sitting there so I had to take him)

7.10) RB Foster

8.1) RB Spiller (felt he was a necessary handcuff to Ingram)

9.10) WR Boldin

10.1) WR LaFell (this was before they signed Wayne, had I known that I would have taken a shot on someone else)

11.10) QB Stafford

12.1) RB D. Freeman

13.10) TE Daniels

14.1) K Viniateri

15.10) RB D. Williams

Didn't draft a D, plan on streaming from the WW.

12 team PPR. 2 IDP (tackle heavy scoring). 4 pt passing TDs.

I adopted a zero WR strategy that could or could not bust me. Took the flier on Foster because of the price. Figured it was the right time to get him

1. (7) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

2. (18) Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)

3. (31) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)

4. (42) Davante Adams (GB - WR)

5. (55) Jeremy Maclin (KC - WR)

6. (66) Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)

7. (79) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

8. (90) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB)

9. (103) Khalil Mack (Oak - LB)

10. (114) Sam Bradford (Phi - QB)

11. (127) Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR)

12. (138) C.J. Mosley (Bal - LB)

13. (151) Devin Funchess (Car - WR)

14. (162) Matt Jones (Was - RB)

15. (175) Jelani Jenkins (Mia - LB)

16. (186) Minnesota (Min - DEF)

17. (199) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)

Didn't quite go the way I planned...but I'm not disappointed with how it turned out.

4th slot, 10 team non ppr qb rb rb wr wr wr/rb te d k

L Bell

OBJ

Graham

Cooks

Gore

Ryan

Maclin

Woodhead

Adams

Hillman

Foles

Sea D

Eifert

Tavon

Zuerlein

David johnson

Zenner

I was thrilled to land Beckham in the 2nd and Cooks in the 4th. The tier break is right around 4th round 7th pick in 10 team drafts usually.

I said i wanted no part of Gore, and then i was in the 5th round without a rb to backup Bell during suspension. I didnt have to pay a steep price for Gore so i took him.

This isnt ppr, but i still like Woodhead. His ceiling isnt really high, but he is the most trusted back on that roster. Gordon just isnt all that special of a rb. Plus he doesnt seem like he can pass block or catch.

Maclin was there in the max value spot i pegged him at in the 7th round. I couldnt be happier with this pick.

I reached for Adams before the news broke on Nelson. The reason i had was he had a ton of upside no matter what happened. Rodgers was targeting him a lot this pre season and even inside the redzone. I lucked out

Like Adams, Hillman was a player with a ton of upside. I love upside. Did i mention i like upside?

The league scores high for defense and long field goals (8 points for. 51+). If your league scores big for long fgs, get Zuerlein.

David Johnson and Zenner are two of my favorite late round rb sleepers this year. I drafted both of them before they had their breakout games and am excited for midway through the season to see if they take the reins.

We get bonus points for 50+ yd tds. Tavon is a guy who could take it to the house on any play. Now that Foles is in town he just may do that enough to be a starter or trade bait.

I fall into the 2 keeper category. Players are kept in the round they were drafted the previous year. I traded back from #3 overall to #7 overall to target Luck and a WR earlier in the 2nd. Keepers were Hill in the 6th and L. Murray in the 12th

QB: Luck, Bradford

WR: AJ Green, D. Adams, Landry, A Robinson, Royal, Coleman, R. Randle

RB: Hill, L. Murray, Ivory, Mason, D. Johnson

TE: Gronk, R. Rodgers

Def: Houston

So you kept Hill and Murray. That means you got Gronk in the 3+ round?

12 man basic keeper leauge. .25 ppr. flex

QB-Bradford

RB-CJ /Hill

WR-Andre /Watkins

Flex-Murray

K-Parky

D-Broncos.

TE-Eifert

BENCH-Brady. Mathews. Hillman. Wheaton. Algholr. Andre Williams. Vernon Davis

QB: Brady, Bradford, Palmer

RB: Jamaal, CJ Anderson, Gore, Sankey, Khiry Rob, Hillman

Wr: Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitz, Brian Quick

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Prater

D: Broncos

12 Man with flex choice of Wr, RB or TE.

Jamaal fell to me at 8. CJ on the way back. Nuts.

12 team, Standard format:

QB - Peyton

RB - Ivory, Blount, D. Freeman, D. Johnson, Crowell, R. Mathews, A. Williams

WR - Julio, OBJ, DHop, Wheaton

TE - Delanie

K - Janikowski

DEF - Cincy

Went true zero RB and started stacking RBs after the fourth. Figure I just need one of those guys to win the job and I should be ok with 3 WR1s on my roster. Also hoping that Peyton's offseason training has done him well.

- first of 3 big money leagues, drafted past weekend ... 12 team ppr, bonus for yds and distance tds ... from the duece:

Julio

Forsett

Cooks

the Butcher

Mr. Hyde

Ice

JBrown

Foster

Helu

Hillman

Braveheart

Wheaton

Layup Larry

CJ0K

J-E-T-S

Prater

Here was mine - ten team league .75 PPR - 6 points for all passing TDs. We play an IDP (LB) and IDP (DB). Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), and 1TE - then then our K and DST (Team) and then two IDP (one LB/one DB).

2 Adrian Peterson, Min RB 19 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB 22 Randall Cobb, GB WR 39 Jeremy Maclin, KC WR 42 Latavius Murray, Oak RB 59 C.J. Spiller, NO RB 62 Chris Ivory, NYJ RB 79 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB 82 Allen Robinson, Jac WR 99 Bobby Wagner, Sea LB 102 Bills D/ST D/ST 119 Devin Funchess, Car WR 122 Harrison Smith, Min S 139 Kendall Wright, Ten WR 142 Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TB TE 159 Kiko Alonso, Phi LB 162 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR 179 Carson Palmer, Ari QB 182 Dan Bailey, Dal K

I have dropped Garcon for Charles Clay already . . . nothing special but should be SOLID.

So you kept Hill and Murray. That means you got Gronk in the 3+ round?

My bad. Forgot to include that I traded Gore and A. Cooper for Gronk within 5 minutes of the draft ending.

The guy took Gronk at the turn and didn't seem happy about it..he also seemed frustrated when I took Gore in the late 3rd which I want excited about. I jumped on an offer when he was talking about how he hated his team with Gronk.

10-team league, 0.5 ppr, 1 pt/25 return yds, 6 pts all TD's, 10th pick

1. Julio Jones

2. Odell Beckham Jr.

3. Latavius Murray

4. Frank Gore

5. Peyton Manning

6. Jarvis Landry

7. Rashad Jennings

8. Giovani Bernard

9. Delanie Walker

10. Eddie Royal

11. Charles Johnson

12. Isaiah Crowell

13. Dwayne Allen

14. Eli Manning

15. Allen Hurns

16. Miami D/ST

17. Karlos Williams (this was minutes after a tweet saying Shady limped off field)

Drafted last night...from the 7th spot.

10 team 2 keeper league, keep the player in the year they were drafted prior, each year kept after that moves up 1 round.

Start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex(WR/RB), k, DST

.5 ppr, 6 all TDs, .25 per comp, 1/30 pass, 1/10 ru/re

QB - BigBen, Stafford, Dalton

RB - Charles(k), Ingram, Martin, Foster, Gio, KDavis

WR - Beckham(k), ACooper, DAdams, Fitzgerald, Watkins

TE - Kelce

K - Hauschka

DST - BUF

Overall, pretty happy with my team. Good start when I kept Charles in the 2nd and Beckham in the 10th.

you took the iggles defense in the 4th round?

Correct. Defenses in my league are heavily weighted in the scoring. Last year 3 DST were in the top 10 scoring totals in my league. To put it in perspective, my pick in the 4th was the fifth defense taken off the board at that point.

• Like 1

Tannehill, Newton ( 9th/10th turn pick )

L.Murray, Gore, Spiller, Mason, Gurely, Cobb

Dez, AJ Green, John Brown, Brandon Coleman, Marvin Jones ( incase Green goes down )

Vernon, ASJ

MIA

crap

12 team ppr starting 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE and 1 flex

From the looks of it, there are going to be a lot of potential FU threads with Latavius Murray's name on it...

From the looks of it, there are going to be a lot of potential FU threads with Latavius Murray's name on it...

I sure hope not. I have a lot of Latavius investment.

* denotes starter. # W.W. pick up. Main money league, I had to miss the draft due to a family emergency and this is the team drafted for me for the most part. P.P.R. / return league.

Q.B.: S. Bradford*#, D. Brees.

R.B.: J. Charles*, C.J. Anderson*, D. Woodhead#, J. Stewart.

W.R.: A.J. Green*, B. Cooks*, D. Adams*#, A. Johnson, T. Locket#.

T.E.: T. Eifert#* (swapped out for D. Allen)

K: C. Parkey

D: Dolphins

I'm worried about Cooks slant Brees versus the fierce Az. secondary but am also worried about the A. Jeffery shenanigans in Chicago.

• Like 1

* denotes starter. # W.W. pick up. Main money league, I had to miss the draft due to a family emergency and this is the team drafted for me for the most part. P.P.R. / return league.

Q.B.: S. Bradford*#, D. Brees.

R.B.: J. Charles*, C.J. Anderson*, D. Woodhead#, J. Stewart.

W.R.: A.J. Green*, B. Cooks*, D. Adams*#, A. Johnson, T. Locket#.

T.E.: T. Eifert#* (swapped out for D. Allen)

K: C. Parkey

D: Dolphins

I'm worried about Cooks slant Brees versus the fierce Az. secondary but am also worried about the A. Jeffery shenanigans in Chicago.

You have Charles, CJ, AJ, Cooks,Brees in one redraft league?

How many teams is this and is it for money?

Correct. Defenses in my league are heavily weighted in the scoring. Last year 3 DST were in the top 10 scoring totals in my league. To put it in perspective, my pick in the 4th was the fifth defense taken off the board at that point.

Still a bad move. Doesn't matter how much defenses score, the point is that they are all relative to eachother.you can't predict what defenses will be the high scoring ones. Guys will still be plucking the top defenses off the waiver wire on a weekly basis. I'm sorry that you got caught up in the run but the 5guys who took defenses before you are complete idiots. You still should have waited til your last pick. Nothing you say about the scoring system will change my mind on that. Don't care if sacks count for 100pnts, don't care if the entire first round was defenses, you still take defenses last.

I'm sorry but you punted your 4th round pick. It may as well have never happened. Moreso you could have scooped up the value left by 4 other dipsticks taking defenses ahead of you.

Still a bad move. Doesn't matter how much defenses score, the point is that they are all relative to eachother.you can't predict what defenses will be the high scoring ones. Guys will still be plucking the top defenses off the waiver wire on a weekly basis. I'm sorry that you got caught up in the run but the 5guys who took defenses before you are complete idiots. You still should have waited til your last pick. Nothing you say about the scoring system will change my mind on that. Don't care if sacks count for 100pnts, don't care if the entire first round was defenses, you still take defenses last.

I'm sorry but you punted your 4th round pick. It may as well have never happened. Moreso you could have scooped up the value left by 4 other dipsticks taking defenses ahead of you.

I 100% agree with this statement. I will never understand why people think they are being smart by doing this. I see time after time someone taking Seattle very early because they are considered the best D even though they most likely will not finish there. I don't think they were in the top 5 last year.

You have just as good of a chance getting a top finishing D with a later pick. Just look at the talent you pass up by taking a D in the 3rd. It's crazt to think about it. I've been taking the Patriots in a lot of leagues. They are always there late and seem to always finish in the top 10.

Brady / Wilson

McCoy / Abdulla / Cobb / David Johnson / Zenner

Beckham

D. Thomas

Vincent Jackson

Charles Johnson

Decker

Brandon Coleman

Gronk