Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Landry vs Cooper

I just posted this earlier. I do believe Cooper looks pretty darn good too. The problem is he plays for the Raiders. They look like they may have improved some. It looks like they will have redzone problems.

I feel "Juice" Landry deserves more props also. The guy caught 84 balls last year and most of that was coming on late. He has been the apple of Tannehill's eye this off season. Tannehill hit 80% of his preseason passes and looked great. The guys hitting his deep passes alot better this year in camp too. I would say hes a lock for 100 catches and could easily get close to 10 TD's as he has been a favorite of Tannehill's in the redzone this preseason. I feel he's a lock as a solid WR2 this year.

http://www.rotoworld...5/jarvis-landry

Talented rookie wr vs a talented second yr player that has the better qb . I'm going with Landry .

Okay so recapping peoples thinking, Lamar Miller will be a gr8 back, Cameron is a sleeper TE, and Landry is good on deep balls when Tannehill lacked the arm strength to hit Mike Wallace.

Okay so recapping peoples thinking, Lamar Miller will be a gr8 back, Cameron is a sleeper TE, and Landry is good on deep balls when Tannehill lacked the arm strength to hit Mike Wallace.

No. Landry doesn't run deep routes. He's going to lineup in multiple places and be a blanket for Tanny. He will catch 100 balls.

Edit : you also seem to have little man syndrome. Your always looking for a fight. How tall are you?

No. Landry doesn't run deep routes. He's going to lineup in multiple places and be a blanket for Tanny. He will catch 100 balls.

Edit : you also seem to have little man syndrome. Your always looking for a fight. How tall are you?

Just going by what was wrote here. I cant help myself, your just to much of a victim and people deserve insight over the chit you want to spew that you read somewhere.

I will say what u want to hear. Go Miami Dolphins you are super-bowl bound because the guy from Florida will have hurt feelings if you don't agree !!!!!!!!! :first:

Just going by what was wrote here. I cant help myself, your just to much of a victim and people deserve insight over the chit you want to spew that you read somewhere.

I will say what u want to hear. Go Miami Dolphins you are super-bowl bound because the guy from Florida will have hurt feelings if you don't agree !!!!!!!!! :first:

I live in Nashville. Just pointing out your quick to attack personality.

Thanks for proving my point. Attacking the only thing you know about me in my screen name.

I also haven't mentioned a single Dolphin that I like on this board except Landry. I don't own anyone in my leagues except Landry....so I'm not really even sure what you are talking about.

I just posted this earlier. I do believe Cooper looks pretty darn good too. The problem is he plays for the Raiders. They look like they may have improved some. It looks like they will have redzone problems.

I feel "Juice" Landry deserves more props also. The guy caught 84 balls last year and most of that was coming on late. He has been the apple of Tannehill's eye this off season. Tannehill hit 80% of his preseason passes and looked great. The guys hitting his deep passes alot better this year in camp too. I would say hes a lock for 100 catches and could easily get close to 10 TD's as he has been a favorite of Tannehill's in the redzone this preseason. I feel he's a lock as a solid WR2 this year.

Dennis Miller tweeted today that he thinks the Raiders for the last 10 years have had the patch over the "good eye".

I live in Nashville. Just pointing out your quick to attack personality.

Thanks for proving my point. Attacking the only thing you know about me in my screen name.

Okay I apologize, I am sorry I am pumped for football and some of us are more into it than you. And ill apologize for the further comments I am sure to have disagreeing with you and about 3 or 4 others here.

Lock for 100? What the?

Who is the last receiver that caught 100 for tanny. They also drafted a rookie wr and got stills in off season, oh yea and cameron.

Cooper is my pick

5.6 catches per game last year. 1 more per game and he's at 100. 1 more every other game and he's at 90+.

Seems very realistic.

They brought in other weapons though. One extra catch per game average is ALOT.

90, yea maybe, but a lock for 100? Doubtful. That would be his ceiling and very high ceiling at that, but anythings possible

I can tell you Tannehill worked on his deep ball all off season. It was his weak point. He has shown consistent improvement in camp and preseason games. One day in camp he hit 4 deep passes better than he had done in the entire 2014 off season. I know it's camp but he's at 80% completion rate in the preseason.

The guy played 1-2 years of QB in college he was a WR before that. He's improving every year in the NFL. That's what you want out of your QB. If you don't see the upside it's your loss.

If you have a worth while comment that might help people drafting or improving thier roster throw it out there. That's why i come here. I appreciate intelligent peoples contributions.

I like Landry as well, but am not sold on Tannehill. You can argue all you want that Landry will have 100 catches. Granted it's PPR, but what difference will it make if he only averages 9 ypc with a QB who won't air it out? Actually, Cooper is probably in the same if not worse boat with Carr, who is a check-down machine. The difference is last season was Carr's first, and to be quite frank I was amazed he was still on two feet at the end of the year. Either way Raider fans are expecting more from Carr, and henceforth Coop. Plus the one area that Oakland was semi-competent last season was in the red zone. Coop and Carr have had issues getting on the same page (Carr was picked in the end zone in the Raiders first pre-season game due to miscommunication with the rook), but those problems usually get resolved over over time.

Cooper is an immense talent, and there isn't much else on the team. He'll get doubled plenty, but he'll get a ton of targets because the Raiders will play from behind late in games, especially on the road. With the expected maturation of Carr (and many sources are touting him as a break out candidate), I'd actually give the edge to Amari Cooper.

Don't recall saying anything about deep balls , but I do like Landry over Cooper in a ppr league . What say you?

I like Landry because you can get him 2 rounds later.

Found them to go within 5 picks of each other in almost every draft - usually middle to end of the third.

We had our draft today and went Cooper over him, but got him in the fourth 👍

I like Landry because you can get him 2 rounds later.

Ppr they are going same round.

People who drafted landry like landry, people who drafted cooper like cooper.

Landry 200 rec. it's like they are trying to talk themselves into beleiving they got a WR1

- man, the kid Cooper is smooth ... caught that third week preseason game vs. 'zona, and he was gliding, effortless ... like a seasoned vet already. he looks as polished and poised for success right out the gate as anyone i can remember :thumbsup:

- yeah, i think Landry snags 100 .... as i opined in an earlier thread, he had 84 as a rookie, so one more catch per game is not as ludicrous as some are making it out to be :dunno: ok, new weapons in town (Parker/Stills/Cameron) ... cool, open up the middle more for this kid, Tanny will find him often on the mid-range routes. gonna gobble up the catches.

Cooper's ceiling is higher ... but Landry's floor looks to be very solid.

in ppr, slight edge to the 'fin.

in std, ya gotta go Coop.

:wave:

- man, the kid Cooper is smooth ... caught that third week preseason game vs. 'zona, and he was gliding, effortless ... like a seasoned vet already. he looks as polished and poised for success right out the gate as anyone i can remember :thumbsup:

- yeah, i think Landry snags 100 .... as i opined in an earlier thread, he had 84 as a rookie, so one more catch per game is not as ludicrous as some are making it out to be :dunno: ok, new weapons in town (Parker/Stills/Cameron) ... cool, open up the middle more for this kid, Tanny will find him often on the mid-range routes. gonna gobble up the catches.

I'm a raider homer so even though it's a serious money league I also couldn't help going Coop lol.

I'm a raider homer so even though it's a serious money league I also couldn't help going Coop lol.

I was faced with this choice on my non ppr draft and went with Cooper. Higher ceiling but lower floor playing on the Raiders. He's already a fantastic route runner making him the type of rookie wr you want. I think Carr is good enough to feed him.

Both guys will catch at least 80 balls.