Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Lezbean teacher fired from Miami Cathloic school for marrying her lady friend.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lesbian-teacher-fired-miami-catholic-school-marrying-love/story?id=53008983

Jocelyn Morfii married the love of her life -- and was fired by the Catholic school where she taught.

Morfii, who worked as an elementary school teacher at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School in Miami for seven years, was terminated Thursday -- one day after marrying another woman in Key Largo, ABC station WPLG reported.
In a letter by the school principal Carlota Morales, she informed parents of the "difficult and necessary decision" to let go of Morfii.
The short letter named the teacher but omitted details as to why Morfii was no longer a member the Saints Peter and Paul faculty.
It simply stated that "she is no longer teaching at our school."
But a day after Morfii was dismissed, she posted an Instagram message that explained her side: "This weekend I married the love of my life and unfortunately I was terminated from my job as a result... In their eyes, I'm not the right kind of Catholic for my choice of partner."
A Miami Archdiocese spokeswoman concluded that Morfii "broke the contract she signed when she began teaching at a Catholic school."
That contract, acquired by ABC News, includes a "Standards of Conduct" section that suggests every employee must "conduct themselves in a moral and ethical manner consistent with Catholic principles."
It goes on to warn that "because of the Church's particular function in society, certain conduct, inconsistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church, could lead to disciplinary action, including termination, even if it occurs outside the normal working day and outside the strict confines of work performed by the employee for the Archdiocese."
"The way they handled this was just unbelievable," Christina Lopez, whose son was one of Morfii's students, said while standing next to other outraged parents who assembled outside the school on Friday morning.
"You know, to be a Catholic, you're taught to be forgiving. But if you're gay, forget about it," said Cynthia Cini, another parent. "Love is love."
Morfii's attorney, Erica Canas, told WPLG she is weighing a possible legal recourse.

Would 3some

Why would she want to teach there anyway? She doesn't support the teachings of the Catholic church so why use her talents there?

This new teacher named Chaz. We were lucky to get him. He's very connected. His dad was a congressman or something.

You're quoting yourself now. TEKIAFP :o

I have a friend who's in this situation. Lesbian, teaches in a Catholic School.

You can shove your private school idea. I'd rather her teach my kids every class for every year then subject them to the Myriad of nutjobs found in public schools. Besides, small C Catholic means Universal. Besides, Jesus came to Earth for everyone. Fantastic way to send that signal.

You can shove your private school idea. I'd rather her teach my kids every class for every year then subject them to the Myriad of nutjobs found in public schools. Besides, small C Catholic means Universal. Besides, Jesus came to Earth for everyone. Fantastic way to send that signal.

even the Pedos am I right

As long as she doesn't get married she's fine. Or push any lgbtq crap.

As long as she doesn't get married she's fine. Or push any lgbtq crap.

and its probably this, I bet there is more to the story, like she was trying to push the school to have her wedding there or something

Jesus came to earth for everyone is kind of a weak argument, though. Does that mean the school should employ anyone and everyone just because of that fact alone. Of course not. The school has standards of conduct. Jesus came to earth for bank robbers, too. Now, before you lose your mind, I am NOT equating a lesbian marrying a lesbian with bank robbery. One is perfectly legal. The other is not. But, saying Jesus came to Earth for everyone has nothing to do with employment in the private sector. Everyone draws lines somewhere. This is where the line was drawn for this school.

In the Vatican

We can fire who we please

In the Vatican

The alter boys stay on their knees.

In the Vatican

In St. Peters Square the Ginnys stand

In the Vatican, In the Vatican.

Jesus came to earth for everyone is kind of a weak argument, though. Does that mean the school should employ anyone and everyone just because of that fact alone. Of course not. The school has standards of conduct. Jesus came to earth for bank robbers, too. Now, before you lose your mind, I am NOT equating a lesbian marrying a lesbian with bank robbery. One is perfectly legal. The other is not. But, saying Jesus came to Earth for everyone has nothing to do with employment in the private sector. Everyone draws lines somewhere. This is where the line was drawn for this school.

If you meet every other standard, which I thought was obvious, - not a criminal nor pedo, etc - then whom you love shouldn't matter.

I get it's the right, I get their viewpoint, I disagree. Jesus didn't choose his friends by accident. Jesus didn't hang out with prostitutes because they told good jokes. He was sending a message about inclusivity. And just because the Bible doesn't mention it, don't even try to tell me some of them sandle wearing hippies weren't gobbling homos.

I'm just saying, she's a fantastic person. And compared to the trash that I see in public schools? I'll take a hundred more like her.

If you think either one of us on this low-rent message board are going to change their policy by bickering back and forth, good luck with that.

If this board tells us one thing it is that homosexuals should be teachers but shouldn't be ice skaters.

Wait...

No, you're not.

And nice job on the can size of this dyke friend of yours. A-hole.

And nice job on the can size of this dyke friend of yours. A-hole.

Fullsome round D's like mangoes 2 seconds from dropping under the burden of their juicy goodness.

If you meet every other standard, which I thought was obvious, - not a criminal nor pedo, etc - then whom you love shouldn't matter.

I get it's the right, I get their viewpoint, I disagree. Jesus didn't choose his friends by accident. Jesus didn't hang out with prostitutes because they told good jokes. He was sending a message about inclusivity. And just because the Bible doesn't mention it, don't even try to tell me some of them sandle wearing hippies weren't ###### gobbling homos.

I'm just saying, she's a fantastic person. And compared to the trash that I see in public schools? I'll take a hundred more like her.

If you think either one of us on this low-rent message board are going to change their policy by bickering back and forth, good luck with that.

If this board tells us one thing it is that homosexuals should be teachers but shouldn't be ice skaters.

Wait...

I know several lesbian teachers and they are fantastic teachers. And, they are my friends. And yet, I do believe in the right of private institutions setting standards for employment, whether I disagree with it or not. End of story for me. No bickering necessary.

and its probably this, I bet there is more to the story, like she was trying to push the school to have her wedding there or something

Why do you say that? We had a Catholic school teacher get canned around here for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

Why do you say that? We had a Catholic school teacher get canned around here for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

Good. Fockin who-re

The Catholic Church has been a haven for homos and lesbos for ages.

So, its ok for homos to administer the sacraments, preach to us, teach our children (and diddle them) as long as they keep their homosex a secret and say a couple dozen Hail Marys?

To say this firing is hypocritical of the Catholic Church would be a massive understatement.

So, its ok for homos to administer the sacraments, preach to us, teach our children (and diddle them) as long as they keep their homosex a secret and say a couple dozen Hail Marys?

To say this firing is hypocritical of the Catholic Church would be a massive understatement.

I don't think you know much about it.

So how long before sexual preference is a federally protected class?

Once I read "small C's" I lost all interest.

Being a lesbian was okay but getting married wasnt?

Homosexuality is a sin. They're expected to become hetero or to stay celibate. The next step down is keep things quiet and say confessions and repent. Getting married means they openly reject/don't give a sh*t about church teachings.

So how long before sexual preference is a federally protected class?

Negative two years. You need to come out from under the rock. They've taken over and are seeking revenge.

Homosexuality is a sin. They're expected to become hetero or to stay celibate. The next step down is keep things quiet and say confessions and repent. Getting married means they openly reject/don't give a sh*t about church teachings.

I guess theres some logic there.

That stuff is against church teaching. The church officially doesn't recognize gay sex as anything but a sin. What they say and what they do seemed to be at odds for many years but the coverups have embarrassed them.

Catholics have three choices: male/female marriage, single life, religious life. Gay Catholics have only the last two options or to try to fake it with the first one. So you get a lot of gay/closeted priests.

That stuff is against church teaching. The church officially doesn't recognize gay sex as anything but a sin. What they say and what they do seemed to be at odds for many years but the coverups have embarrassed them.

Catholics have three choices: male/female marriage, single life, religious life. Gay Catholics have only the last two options or to try to fake it with the first one. So you get a lot of gay/closeted priests.

This. My attitude is that what gays do is between and God. It's not my business. But the church does have a stand. If the Bible tells us anything, it's that God doesn't worry too much about being PC.

I don't think you know much about it.

I know enough to call out a hypocrite when I see one.

Well father Pedo, it looks like you got caught with your d!ck in the kiddie cookie jar.

No worries, well sweep it under the rug and relocate you to another church so you can start fresh. And by that we mean, make sure the boys dont rat you out next time.

Oh, and on your way out, stop by and tell that lesbo teacher that her kind isnt welcome here.

I know enough to call out a hypocrite when I see one.

Well father Pedo, it looks like you got caught with your d!ck in the kiddie cookie jar.

No worries, well sweep it under the rug and relocate you to another church so you can start fresh. And by that we mean, make sure the boys dont rat you out next time.

Oh, and on your way out, stop by and tell that lesbo teacher that her kind isnt welcome here.

Do you send your kid to school? Or home school?

I understand all that.

But that doesnt change the fact that the Catholic Church has been a haven for homo priests and lesbo nuns for ages.

They also have a well documented history of ignoring many priests and nuns who have violated Catholic standards of conduct inside the physical confines of the church. At minimum, that makes them hypocritical.

From the article:

That contract, acquired by ABC News, includes a "Standards of Conduct" section that suggests every employee must "conduct themselves in a moral and ethical manner consistent with Catholic principles."

Public school.

Yeah, no pedophilia there. None at all.