Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Welfare - what does it take to get it?

How funny everyone associates welfare with the ghetto and black people when in fact the majority of welfare recipients, food stamps and Medicaid recipients are not black.

Yep. Lotta trailer dwelling crackers on the dole out there.

How funny everyone associates welfare with the ghetto and black people when in fact the majority of welfare recipients, food stamps and Medicaid recipients are not black.

How about percentage of the black population?

why should we do some mental gymnastics to try to make anyone feel better because they are the majority receiving government assistance?

(food stamps, medicaid and tanf)

Yep. Lotta trailer dwelling crackers on the dole out there.

Bob?

Who said they were?

Also, what percentage of the U.S. population is black? More/Less than 13%?

Of the welfare, food stamps, Medicaid recipients how many are black? More/Less than 13%?

You are the first person to mention Black people yet you say everyone associates welfare with Black People. I dont and never have.

It is usually a Racist that makes an issue about Race

You are the first person to mention Black people yet you say everyone associates welfare with Black People. I dont and never have.

It is usually a Racist that makes an issue about Race

'She' is a race baiter

Given that I think we can all agree that race, and racist posts, have no place in this discussion, let's pull the conversation back into critical thought.

Would it not be reasonable to attach some sort of obligation to access to welfare? Must attend classes to acquire GED, or college courses, or community service, or at least a part time job or something?

Helping people is more than handing them money, is it not?

Given that I think we can all agree that race, and racist posts, have no place in this discussion, let's pull the conversation back into critical thought.

Would it not be reasonable to attach some sort of obligation to access to welfare? Must attend classes to acquire GED, or college courses, or community service, or at least a part time job or something?

Well, the argument would be that 22 year old Laquiesha has to take care of her 4 kids from different fathers who aren't around so how could we expect her to have the time for any of those activities?

Well, the argument would be that 22 year old Laquiesha has to take care of her 4 kids from different fathers who aren't around so how could we expect her to have the time for any of those activities?

When all the kids are going to FREE head start for day care. What do you think she does?

I know a girl (white, yes I focked her, not my child) who is single and lives in the park (the ghetto of my city)

she has one kid, who is 5. Goes to free day care and free summer programs. Starts free kindergarten this fall.

what do you think she does while the kid is at school? she stays home in her rent subsidized home and smokes weed and drinks.

When all the kids are going to FREE head start for day care. What do you think she does?

I know a girl (white, yes I focked her, not my child) who is single and lives in the park (the ghetto of my city)

she has one kid, who is 5. Goes to free day care and free summer programs. Starts free kindergarten this fall.

what do you think she does while the kid is at school? she stays home in her rent subsidized home and smokes weed and drinks.

You've focked some real winners, haven't you?

You've focked some real winners, haven't you?

have you seen me? Not much to work with. Only chance of getting a "hot" girl is to fock a fockup

I completely agree.

For part of my childhood (right after my parents divorced) my mom lived in the ghetto. She had not graduated high school and had no real job experience so when my parents divorced, she could only get entry level jobs that required no real skillset. My dad made enough money to keep 1 household afloat, but not two and my mom was very lenient with him on child support (we split time 50/50 with both parents). While we should have probably been on food stamps she was too proud (although we did occasionally go to the local church and get food given to us).

During this time she worked two jobs (one part time as customer service for a copy place and one full time as an operator for a company that routed conference calls), got her GED, took some other classes hosted by the unemployment office and eventually got a promotion at the conference call company that allowed her to quit her part time job. She eventually moved into sales and things got better from there. Granted it took two years and my mom was an intelligent and hard working person but it's entirely possible to "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" and get out.

There are always going to be those folks that are truly disabled that we'll have to foot the bill for but all able bodied, able minded people should have requirements to be on a path to get off of assistance. There are far too many people that just sit on their ass all day, content to live off of the hard work done by others. Those folks need to be shown the door.

• Like 1

So if the government were to provide day care services as part of this, such services being made available in part by the community service aspect, then we could free up people to better themselves and become independently capable of providing for their family needs.

Give a man a fish and he eats today. Teach a man to stuff crab legs in his pants....

Pretty sure only single mothers or disabled people get welfare assistance. I do not have official number or anything and am not going to research it but I have never met an able bodied dude who got welfare at any point in his life.

So to me, this falls on the deadbeat dads shoulders. We got a nation of pu$$ies who run when they get a girl pregnant. I think that is where the problem lies. And the right wants to get rid of planned parenthood, the extreme right wants to outlaw abortion. Would just make the problem even worse lol.

wrong...lots off fake disability scumbags collecting SSI for their asthma and stress or fybromialga or some other fake illness.

Pretty sure we have a few of those low life losers here.

So if the government were to provide day care services as part of this, such services being made available in part by the community service aspect, then we could free up people to better themselves and become independently capable of providing for their family needs.

I think that would be huge. If daycare costs $1000/week why on earth would anybody take a job that doesnt pay significantly more than that?

Daycare costs can vary widely, from my personal experience. But I would rather have my tax monies applied to providing daycare so that people can better themselves and become contributors. I believe that most people want to have a job, and a job that allows them to provide for their families without help, and they have to start somewhere so lets get them started.

Daycare costs can vary widely, from my personal experience. But I would rather have my tax monies applied to providing daycare so that people can better themselves and become contributors. I believe that most people want to have a job, and a job that allows them to provide for their families without help, and they have to start somewhere so lets get them started.

I pay 55 a day (7:30 till 5:30) is the max

A little personal story where Welfare is involved. My girlfriend and I started dating in high school, I was a sophomore and she was a freshman. After graduation, she attended the same college as me, and in December... just before her 18th birthday, she got pregnant (I was 18 going on 19... just 3 months later). We went to the welfare office to see if we could qualify for anything while in school. The girl looked right in our faces and told us that she can't help us out if I were involved in my girlfriend's life. She told me to drop out of school and get a job. She said that if my girlfriend came back another day and stated that she was single and didn't know who the father was, she could get welfare.

My girlfriend actually took that route. A little over a year later, we actually did break up (a lot of it had to do with the welfare situation), and I went to the welfare office in a different county. I told them that I was a single father who was a full-time student in college and working part-time to help pay my way. I asked them if there was a way I could qualify for any kind of help. The woman looked at me, laughed and said, "you're a man, quit school and get a full-time job and pay for your kid." I asked her if she tells women that same thing. She said "no, why would I?"

I think that would be huge. If daycare costs $1000/week why on earth would anybody take a job that doesnt pay significantly more than that?

Average daycare costs $1000 per MONTH, not week.

Average daycare costs $1000 per MONTH, not week.

Youre right, my bad - brain fart.

Youre right, my bad - brain fart.

Can you imagine that first monthly bill? LOL HA, I'd quit my job and be an at-home dad and we'd be way ahead of the game.

Crud

Welfrie

To fix welfare, you need to stop the baby mills these wimmens become. You want welfare for you and your child? Limit them to one or two children. After that, yank their uterus out.

Which country kills all their females after the first born? Is that still a thing?

This is the type of loser that the left encourages to reproduce. The results are well.....see for yourself: https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7eec98b6-1967-3bd8-af40-d5076e235b6f/ss_dad-smothered-baby%2C-tried-to.html

I guess his favorite movie is 'Something About Mary'.

Until we stop allowing the dumbest of the dumb to reproduce, we will never escape what is happening in this country.

Can you imagine that first monthly bill? LOL HA, I'd quit my job and be an at-home dad and we'd be way ahead of the game.

Columbia is the most expensive college in America. 57,000

More than 1,000 a week. Can you focking imagine?

Rules of Welfare: Don’t work, don’t save, have kids, don’t get married.

Rules of life for most: Don't save, have kids, don't get married

Rules of Welfare: Don’t work, don’t save, have kids, don’t get married.

According to the Brookings Institute if you do three simple things you will not be permanently poor in this country.

1) Don't have kids before you get married

2) Get your high school diploma

3) Don't go to jail

It's very simple, if you are not stupid you do well.

According to the Brookings Institute if you do three simple things you will not be permanently poor in this country.

1) Don't have kids before you get married

2) Get your high school diploma

3) Don't go to jail

It's very simple, if you are not stupid you do well.

Number 1 is idiotic.

it should be

Don't have kids, before you can afford them. Being married doesn't matter one iota

Number 1 is idiotic.

it should be

Don't have kids, before you can afford them. Being married doesn't matter one iota

Perhaps, but according to their analysis it is true.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/work-and-marriage-the-way-to-end-poverty-and-welfare/

And Brookings is a left-leaning org too

Which country kills all their females after the first born? Is that still a thing?

Everybody b1tches about Sharia law, but there is upside sometimes.

Perhaps, but according to their analysis it is true.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/work-and-marriage-the-way-to-end-poverty-and-welfare/

And Brookings is a left-leaning org too

Sure, if you get married, odds are you're financially stable, but not always.

I wonder what the average age of marriage is above and below the MD line

Number 1 is idiotic.

it should be

I'm thinking that you're talking about a very small number of people. "Married" couples have a much higher chance of staying together than couples "dating". Sure, we've all heard about people being married 3 or more times, but they're generally people who have very poor lifestyles and decision making, and they make up a small chunk of married people. I'm willing to bet that a significant majority of married people, were only married once or twice. People dating go through many partners before marrying.

Sure, if you get married, odds are you're financially stable, but not always.

I wonder what the average age of marriage is above and below the MD line

Agree, but the survey was meant to be a suggestion that if you can perform these three simple tasks you are not likely to be PERMANENTLY poor in the USA. They performed a study that suggests these three minimal things can allow one to likely avoid permanent poverty,

I'm thinking that you're talking about a very small number of people. "Married" couples have a much higher chance of staying together than couples "dating". Sure, we've all heard about people being married 3 or more times, but they're generally people who have very poor lifestyles and decision making, and they make up a small chunk of married people. I'm willing to bet that a significant majority of married people, were only married once or twice. People dating go through many partners before marrying.

About 40% to 50% of married couples in the United States divorce, according to the American Psychological Association. The divorce rate among those who remarry is even higher.Feb 2, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/02/02/broken-hearts-rundown-divorce-capital-every-state/1078283001/

About 40% to 50% of married couples in the United States divorce, according to the American Psychological Association. The divorce rate among those who remarry is even higher.[/size]Feb 2, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/02/02/broken-hearts-rundown-divorce-capital-every-state/1078283001/

That means 50% - 60% marry only once. How many unmarried people stay with one partner their entire life? It is hard to judge without both sets of stats.

That means 50% - 60% marry only once. How many unmarried people stay with one partner their entire life? It is hard to judge without both sets of stats.

How many of those are truly happy and are together because they are lazy and have no will to be alone.

About 40% to 50% of married couples in the United States divorce, according to the American Psychological Association. The divorce rate among those who remarry is even higher.Feb 2, 2018

The Washington Times had an article ridiculing a clerk for not handing out marriage licenses to same sex people. In the article they note that 5.3% of the married population has been married more than twice. Meaning, of the married people 94.7% have only been married once or twice. To me, that number seems fairly accurate. Of all the married people I know, not one of them have been divorced more than once. I do know 2 people who were married three times (but divorced only once), both married very young (in their teens), they divorced within 3 years. They got remarried in their mid 20's, but their husbands passed away... one after 27 years of marriage and the other after 32 years. Both are now in their late 60's and married to their third husbands.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/09/03/that-kentucky-clerk-isnt-alone-millions-of-americans-have-been-married-three-times-or-more/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.aea777a87e20

I do know about the divorce rate of initial marriages and the post you have from USA Today is reasonable. But your last sentence doesn't fit. I didn't see that comment in the link you provided, so I'm guessing that is your opinion.