Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Houston floods

Nice four day weekend for good ole mung. :banana:

Spent the day fishing laundry :(

Not nice.

Those were people's clothes.

Meh - not as bad as Allison.

Hell, I drove in 20 miles this morning and got into my downtown office by 8 AM.

Luckily it didn't flood where I live in San Antonio. However took the dogs to the river yesterday and it was raging quite a bit. Dogs loved it though

Meh - not as bad as Allison.

Hell, I drove in 20 miles this morning and got into my downtown office by 8 AM.

Are you up north? 288 and 45 south were both closed this morning.

I agree it was not as bad as Allison.

Texans are tough people. They will handle it, not like those whining lil biotches in Louisiana. Still welping about Katrina.

• Like 1

Texans are tough people. They will handle it, not like those whining lil biotches in Louisiana. Still welping about Katrina.

Once the levees broke on Katrina, it was 1000x worse than what we have here.

Maybe Louisiana should have tended to the levees before they broke. I bet we hear 1000x less crying.

Too bad the Central Federal Govt Army Corps of Engineers didn't maintain the levees.

The Feds really screwed the state of LA on that one.

"Dad, the river is flooding! What should we do?"

"Quick, everyone into the stilt-house which hovers directly above the raging flood."

"Shouldn't we just walk up the hill some?"

"Are you crazy? It's raining outside!"

:doh:

I have friends around galveston, they had bad drought a few years back

It's been bad in Fort Worth as well. I had tee times for Sunday and Monday, and ended up having to cancel the Sunday one.

He has the special hybrid sea/land hoveround. I think Obamacare paid for it.

I just figured it was because sh!t floats. :dunno:

Damn it! It is raining again. I made it in this morining before the rain started. North of the city flooding again.

Flooding all around my house

Yay me :banana:

But I already did all the laundry. Not sure what ill do today

Damn it! It is raining again. I made it in this morining before the rain started. North of the city flooding again.

• Like 1

What's it like in downtown - has the tunnel system flooded out all the shops and stuff?

What's it like in downtown - has the tunnel system flooded out all the shops and stuff?

I don't know, it hasn't been on the news. I'm in the heights and it's basically an island now. Sucks

Downtown itself is good. The areas just off of downtown, not so much. There was a little bit of water in some of the tunnels but most are open.

Maybe Louisiana should have tended to the levees before they broke. I bet we hear 1000x less crying.

Our The Army Corpse Of Engineers designing and maintaining ones that worked.

And nobodies crying anymore. I appreciate the billions you helped contribute to. Much obliged.

Our The Army Corpse Of Engineers designing and maintaining ones that worked.

And nobodies crying anymore. I appreciate the billions you helped contribute to. Much obliged.

No sweat. Used to it. If my roof is leaking I don't wait for the insurance company to pay for it. I get er' done and then we can worry about whose fault it is after my family and property is safe and secure. Works every time.

No sweat. Used to it. If my roof is leaking I don't wait for the insurance company to pay for it. I get er' done and then we can worry about whose fault it is after my family and property is safe and secure. Works every time.

You're right. With all those billions we had in the change cup, we should have fixed a decades long problem the government ignored.

You're right. With all those billions we had in the change cup, we should have fixed a decades long problem the government ignored.

Seems like your local and state government ignored it as well. Don't be afraid to throw them in the mix.

Seems like your local and state government ignored it as well. Don't be afraid to throw them in the mix.

I do. From top to bottom. And I also blame myself and fellow citizens for not stepping up and holding them all accountable prior to Katrina. We are all equally to blame.

I do. From top to bottom. And I also blame myself and fellow citizens for not stepping up and holding them all accountable prior to Katrina. We are all equally to blame.

Ok. Let me ask you, in your opinion what is the best version of 'Jole Blon' I really like Gary US Bonds version.

Ok. Let me ask you, in your opinion what is the best version of 'Jole Blon' I really like Gary US Bonds version.

Not the best, but a personal favorite.

It's nice but it's in French.

It's Cajun French actually. Or as we like to say, coon ass French.

And if you ever meet a Cajun woman named Jole and she gives you a seductive smile, run away as fast as you fawking can. If she's standing in the doorway, jump through the window, no matter what floor you are on.

• Like 1

It's Cajun French actually. Or as we like to say, coon ass French.

And if you ever meet a Cajun woman named Jole and she gives you a seductive smile, run away as fast as you fawking can. If she's standing in the doorway, jump through the window, no matter what floor you are on.

Good advice no matter what her name is.

quick! Run For Your FEMA debit cards!

Almost all that filth went back to New Orleans. They discovered quickly, in spite of Parker's pandoring, they were not welcome and would not get the free ride they were use to in NO.