Sign in to follow this  
Mr Pickles

Gov't Shut Down January 19th....Call it!

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Gov't Shut Down on Jan 19th?

• Nope, Trump Saves the Day
    • Yep, Dumbocrats demand open borders and amnesty for DACA
    • Stop Gap and kick the can down the road two more months
    • Other - Write In

Why do we need an immigration deal? These people are breaking the law. They deserve zero protection. They should be pissed at their parents for focking them over.

Signed - Bored Progressive

Like the guy recently...been here 30 years since he was 10. Wife and kids...worked...paid taxes...no criminal record.

Sent back to a country he doesnt know. Why? And how did they know about him...because he jad been working for years in his immigration status. Now he waits 10 years I believe for a chance to come back.

Like the guy recently...been here 30 years since he was 10. Wife and kids...worked...paid taxes...no criminal record.

Sent back to a country he doesnt know. Why? And how did they know about him...because he jad been working for years in his immigration status. Now he waits 10 years I believe for a chance to come back.

The guy had 30 YEARS to make things right, and he didn't. Who's fault is that?

At what point is the burden supposed to fall upon the person coming INTO the country? Why is this America's burden with you and your crowd? that.

• Like 2

So it wasnt democrats (and republicans) that took a deal to Trump...that he then ranted aboutbshithole countries and killed it?

Odd...cause thats what happened.

Let me know which immigration deal the democrats have done that to...

I'll try, one last time, to explain it to you.

Trump said (paraphrasing) "bring me this. Add whatever you want to it but bring me these basics and I'll sign it".

He wasn't brought the basics.

It's pretty cut and dried. :dunno:

Edited for bipartisanship

Daca recipients are twice as likely to commit a crime as citizens.

• Like 1

The guy had 30 ###### YEARS to make things right, and he didn't. Who's fault is that?

At what point is the burden supposed to fall upon the person coming INTO the country? Why is this America's burden with you and your crowd? ###### that.

The system...he has been working for years in it...thats how they freaking knew about him.

Burden...what burden? Guy worked and paid taxes.

He was brought here as a child...like many that we are discussing with this DACA stuff.

I'll try, one last time, to explain it to you.

Trump said (paraphrasing) "bring me this. Add whatever you want to it but bring me these basics and I'll sign it".

The Dems added what they wanted without bringing the basics.

It's pretty cut and dried. :dunno:

A bipartisan committee brought him a deal...it had his basics. Because of the voices in his ears he blew up (first ambushing them by having people show up who were anti immigration at the meeting and then his shithole rant).

It is pretty cut and dried...Trump pissed on the deal because the fringe of the GOP told him to.

The system...he has been working for years in it...thats how they freaking knew about him.

He was brought here as a child...like many that we are discussing with this DACA stuff.

Hes a burden because he is breaking the law.

A bipartisan committee brought him a deal...it had his basics.

Wrong

Hes a burden because he is breaking the law.

In what was was he a burden by working towards legal status...having a job and paying taxes?

Him being here lillegally was what burden to the American people?

The bill includes CHIP.

The problem is that the Democrats want immigration tied into a budget bill, where it doesn't belong.

The Democrats are the party of No.

Wrong

Whatbdidnt itbhave?

And do you think thats how governing works?

President says Brian me a bill with all of this that I want in it?

Yeah...it doesnt work that way.

In what was was he a burden by working towards legal status...having a job and paying taxes?

Him being here lillegally was what burden to the American people?

Yes.

I get it man. Conservatives are straight retarded about most everything. But, if we do not enforce the law, as it is written, than we are doing a huge disservice to the people who follow it. Especially when it comes to legal vs. illegal residence. People here illegally should not be awarded the same rights and privileges as citizens.

Whatbdidnt itbhave?

And do you think thats how governing works?

President says Brian me a bill with all of this that I want in it?

Yeah...it doesnt work that way.

Right? Everybody knows the President is just supposed to pass laws via Executive Order.

Yes.

I get it man. Conservatives are straight retarded about most everything. But, if we do not enforce the law, as it is written, than we are doing a huge disservice to the people who follow it. Especially when it comes to legal vs. illegal residence. People here illegally should not be awarded the same rights and privileges as citizens.

To an extent...yes. But as this guy as an example. 30 years here...came when it wasnt his choice. Paid taxes...worked and contributed to our society.

His crime was being brought here when he was 10.

Right? Everybody knows the President is just supposed to pass laws via Executive Order.

What didnt the thing have on it? You claimed it didnt have the basics.

And Trump has done plenty through executive order...so you can save the Obama whining and just discuss the subject at hand.

What didnt the thing have on it? You claimed it didnt have the basics.

And Trump has done plenty through executive order...so you can save the Obama whining and just discuss the subject at hand.

Executive order= Legislation

I dont see how hard it is, make everyone on DACA legal permanently but without voting status, and then build the wall, its how negotiations work

Every Republican would be for that, problem is democrats don't believe in negotiations, as a pro-lifer I can say ok lets set is at 14 weeks and call it a day, and dems will argue for the day before birth

I dont see how hard it is, make everyone on DACA legal permanently but without voting status, and then build the wall, its how negotiations work

Every Republican would be for that, problem is democrats don't believe in negotiations, as a pro-lifer I can say ok lets set is at 14 weeks and call it a day, and dems will argue for the day before birth

So making someone legal but not giving them rights...and getting the unnecessary wall that Mexico isnt paying for. Yeah...thats not how negotiatons work. Nor is that a good deal at all.

Saying give us what we want while we dont give you crap isnt a negotiation.

Both things in your deal are non starters in this.

The burden of becoming a u.s. citizen.

He was here 30 years. Let that sink in. 30 years.

CNN Poll shows 56% of people are against shutting the govt down over DACA, 34% are for it. Democrats really misread this.

• Like 1

The burden of becoming a u.s. ###### citizen.

He was here 30 years. Let that sink in. 30 years.

And has been trying for years to become a legal citizen.

Thats how they knew who he was and where he was.

Thats his burden btw...the question was how was he a burden to the US.

Now his family may be...just deported a working man and left his wife and kids here. Because they are citizens.

So making someone legal but not giving them rights...and getting the unnecessary wall that Mexico isnt paying for. Yeah...thats not how negotiatons work. Nor is that a good deal at all.

Saying give us what we want while we dont give you crap isnt a negotiation.

Both things in your deal are non starters in this.

I dont care who pays for it build the damn thing. Also every estimations is that it will keep out between 40-60%. It will also cut down on a lot of the drugs and firearms coming across the border

Also if you want them to be citizens thats fine as well just get something done. Just make them pass the citizenship test or have completed high school. As far as make them legal with no rights isnt that what they have now?

Obama kicked the can down the road. This is on him.

I dont care who pays for it build the damn thing. Also every estimations is that it will keep out between 40-60%. It will also cut down on a lot of the drugs and firearms coming across the border

Also if you want them to be citizens thats fine as well just get something done. Just make them pass the citizenship test or have completed high school. As far as make them legal with no rights isnt that what they have now?

40-60% of those who cross that way. Not 40-60% of all as a large majority dont cross the border in that way.

And I care who pays for it...its a terrible waste of money.

Wont cut down in many drugs...as they dont come over the border that way as much either.

The whole point of a new deal is a pathway to citizenship...which would include voting rights.

This deal failed as he couldnt even get his own party all on board.

So if these illegals don't cross at the border, how come under Obama the turn arounds at the border (catch and release) were at a record high? And how do these people that we deport 6 and 7 times, like the POS that killed Kate Stinlie, keep getting back in the country? They can't fly in. And how come Shonuff and other leftists just make things up, like this claim, when every bit of evidence shows it not to be true??

Out of the 800k daca recipients, only 900 have served in the military, even though they are allowed to. Sad! But I'd let those 900 stay no question.

as far as any deal the first thing that needs to be done is that all parties agree that Sanctuary states are illegal.

They are actually threatening to prosecute people in California who cooperate with ICE. How much BS is that

Failing to cooperate with ICE when questioned can be deemed obstruction of justice and face federal jail time

Clearly, this is all the party I don't like's fault.

• Like 1

McCaskill offered appropriations to ensure military pay during the shut down. McConnell objected. Searching for the link on this.

So which party is not caring about the military. Seems Mitch wants to keep using them as leverage.

Group of Democrats crafts also proposing legislation to withhold congressional pay during the ahutbdown.

McCaskill offered appropriations to ensure military pay during the shut down. McConnell objected. Searching for the link on this.

So which party is not caring about the military. Seems Mitch wants to keep using them as leverage.

Group of Democrats crafts also proposing legislation to withhold congressional pay during the ahutbdown.

The independent party?

Wrong

Well let's see... The Senate vote was 50-49, there are 51 Republicans... Sixty votes are needed to pass... Didn't look, but I would guess that all 50 votes were Republicans, which means that the Democrats voted no...

Well let's see... The Senate vote was 50-49, there are 51 Republicans... Sixty votes are needed to pass... Didn't look, but I would guess that all 50 votes were Republicans, which means that the Democrats voted no...

4 R's voted no.

You should look.

5 Dems voted for it...Republicans did not.

Trump has been given two deals now that could have saved this. Durbin/Graham with a bipartisan deal...which he was ok with til Miller started talking to him.

Then again with Schumer...even had his wall. Once Schumer left...Trump changes and tries to change the deal. The freedom caucus is a major cause of what is going in right now.

Even he knows he is getting blamed right now and rightfully so.

CNN Poll shows 56% of people are against shutting the govt down over DACA, 34% are for it. Democrats really misread this.

Which is probably more like 98% people are against shutting the gov down

You should look.

5 Dems voted for it...Republicans did not.

Trump has been given two deals now that could have saved this. Durbin/Graham with a bipartisan deal...which he was ok with til Miller started talking to him.

Then again with Schumer...even had his wall. Once Schumer left...Trump changes and tries to change the deal. The freedom caucus is a major cause of what is going in right now.

Even he knows he is getting blamed right now and rightfully so.

President Trump was very clear. Give me a bill that funds the wall ends chain migration and more border security and he would sign anything. INCLUDING DACA. Dems couldn't even do that. They really want their slave labor

President Trump was very clear. Give me a bill that funds the wall ends chain migration and more border security and he would sign anything. INCLUDING DACA. Dems couldn't even do that. They really want their slave labor

Dems gave him two deals...he was ok with both. Then when talking to others he bailed and kissed on them.

You can keep trying to deny the facts...it wont help your weak argument.

You basically say the Dems should cave on everything and the republicans give up nothing.

There is a group that wont compromise on DACA right now...Trump probably would...those others dont want it...that much is obvious to anyone paying attention.