Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Official Latavius Murray breakout thread!

So painful! This thread alone almost made me drop McKinnon for Murray but I didn't do it!

So sad.

fock, i was too late in starting him, i clicked on BN in yahoo and gave me the red warning. dam work.

So painful! This thread alone almost made me drop McKinnon for Murray but I didn't do it!

So sad.

Dude!

same thing... read this, thought about it, put in bumass dan herron... wtf.

lol

such is life.

I put in a waiver request for him; today I was busy at work plus I have a cold, and when I checked my team I hadn't gotten him. Darn. Fast forward to 10 minutes ago, I'm checking my personal email and check the weekly email report from my league. Looks like... I did get him. :huh: I must not have updated the tab. Did I mention I'm sick? :lol:

Oh well, it is a deep keeper league and I'm pretty much out of it this year. I mostly grabbed him for keeper value. So far so good. :cheers:

Picked him up yesterday.

Had to start him tonight, out of desperation.

I won't say that to my league mates.

Wicked spear job to the face mask. Even if he doesn't come back, the most important issue for Oakland has been settled.

Those 22 pts woulda been amazing! That alone will outscore all 3 of my RBs that I'm considering starting as my #2.

Ivory, McKinnon, and Vereen.

Could of been a monster day for him.... that was a bad hit, worst than Sanders base on how it looked. When he got hit, the helmet almost came out, it was a direct hit to the head.

Just luck of Raiders.

Could of been a monster day for him.... that was a bad hit, worst than Sanders base on how it looked. When he got hit, the helmet almost came out, it was a direct hit to the head.

Just luck of Raiders.

No flag either. Same old song and dance.

• Like 1

From breakout to breakdown.

Murray, we hardly knew ya.

Wicked spear job to the face mask. Even if he doesn't come back, the most important issue for Oakland has been settled.

1. Not a spear (read the rules)

2. Not a penalty. Helmet to helmet is for defenseless receivers and not ball carriers

Sorry that he got concussed. Kid looks great, but stop asking for penalties there is like World Cup flopping.

Latavius Murray was forced from Oakland's Week 12 game against the Chiefs with a concussion, and will not return.

What a shame. Finally unleashed behind finished veterans Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew, Murray rushed four times for 112 yards and two touchdowns. He notched scores of 11 and 90 yards, using vicious cutbacks to break free on both runs. The second was the longest play by any player in the NFL this season. Murray took a helmet-to-helmet hit on his fourth rush, however, and was obviously woozy. If there's good news, it's that he has 10 days to get healthy for next week's game against the Rams. It's safe to assume Murray will be the Raiders' new starter when healthy. Following his 90-yard score, Murray's 107 yards on the evening represented 14.4 percent of the Raiders' season total.

1. Not a spear (read the rules)

2. Not a penalty. Helmet to helmet is for defenseless receivers and not ball carriers

Sorry that he got concussed. Kid looks great, but stop asking for penalties there is like World Cup flopping.

Yeah, and the hit that Kerry Collins took from Romo back in '96 wasn't a penalty either. Don't recall it? Google it. Dude he went in high and led with his helmet, which was the first part of his body to hit the runner. What's more, he lowered his head so the crown of his helmet caught the runner square in the face mask. Don't believe me? How about the rule...

“The first rule change prohibits a runner or tackler from initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet outside the tackle box.There are three components to this foul: First, the player must line up his opponent. Second, he must lower his head. And third, he must deliver a forcible blow with the crown of his helmet to any part of his opponent’s body. The crown is the very top of the helmet. This rule was designed not only to protect the player receiving the blow, but also the player delivering it. Violations of this rule will result in 15-yard penalties for unnecessary roughness, and potential discipline. If the contact occurs in the tackle box, or if all three components are not present, there is no foul.”

My team is 0 and forever, and hasn't been in contention for anything other than a toilet bowl since 2002. So whining about getting jobbed again by refs is hardly worth it. Though the 15 yards there may have been worth 3 points.

Suppose I'm just frustrated at fate.

Yeah, and the hit that Kerry Collins took from Romo back in '96 wasn't a penalty either. Don't recall it? Google it. Dude he went in high and led with his helmet, which was the first part of his body to hit the runner. What's more, he lowered his head so the crown of his helmet caught the runner square in the face mask. Don't believe me? How about the rule...

“The first rule change prohibits a runner or tackler from initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet outside the tackle box.There are three components to this foul: First, the player must line up his opponent. Second, he must lower his head. And third, he must deliver a forcible blow with the crown of his helmet to any part of his opponent’s body. The crown is the very top of the helmet. This rule was designed not only to protect the player receiving the blow, but also the player delivering it. Violations of this rule will result in 15-yard penalties for unnecessary roughness, and potential discipline. If the contact occurs in the tackle box, or if all three components are not present, there is no foul.”

And there's the issue. Inside the tackle box, it's a legal hit.

Latavius Murray was forced from Oakland's Week 12 game against the Chiefs with a concussion, and will not return.

What a shame. Finally unleashed behind finished veterans Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew, Murray rushed four times for 112 yards and two touchdowns. He notched scores of 11 and 90 yards, using vicious cutbacks to break free on both runs. The second was the longest play by any player in the NFL this season. Murray took a helmet-to-helmet hit on his fourth rush, however, and was obviously woozy. If there's good news, it's that he has 10 days to get healthy for next week's game against the Rams. It's safe to assume Murray will be the Raiders' new starter when healthy. Following his 90-yard score, Murray's 107 yards on the evening represented 14.4 percent of the Raiders' season total.

Ha ha ha ha ha... Oh no. Nothing is safe to assume with this plumber of a head coach steering the Raiders into the record books.

Am I the only one who noticed he had Murray returning a kick off after he'd already put the team on his back? Then McFadden took the first two reps of that series. What a clown.

Next year can't come soon enough. I just hope he doesn't get our QB killed. Ten f*cking games wasted. A season trashed.

Apologies all, feeling a little bitter right now.

• Like 1

Now that's more like it!

Here's what I see:

-Kid is patient letting blocks develop. Not a dancer in the hole, but allowing blocks to develop and then sliding right through....reminds me of Arian Foster in this regard.

-Once he gets into the open, his stride reminds me of a racehorse. Not the fastest racehorse, but the smoothest.

-Most importantly, he is a mudder! (3:20)

His mudder was a mudder!