Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Deputy branded a 'Coward' for staying outside during parkland shooting gets $8,700 monthly

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/deputy-branded-apos-coward-apos-130815094.html

The sheriff’s deputy who stayed outside a school while a gunman shot dead 17 people, will be given a monthly pension of nearly $9,000.
Scot Peterson resigned and retired from his post as a resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 22. He had been captured on CCTV standing outside a door to the school in Parkland, Florida, while suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz went on the rampage, killing 14 students and three officials.
In April, the 55-year-old began receiving a monthly pension of $8,702.35 which he is eligible to for life, the Sun Sentinel reported. The figure takes into account the average of his five highest-paid years and his 32 years of service.

Another reason 'merica is so focked.

Pensions are so out of whack.

With cheese like that, he definitely posts at FFT

That's OK for 33 years. Especially since he was a kiddie cop.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/deputy-branded-apos-coward-apos-130815094.html

Another reason 'merica is so focked.

Pensions are so out of whack.

With cheese like that, he definitely posts at FFT

Who is in charge of sending out the laminated invitations? He definitely fits in here. Someone send SUX out to measure his cack

Who is in charge of sending out the laminated invitations? He definitely fits in here. Someone send SUX out to measure his cack

And with a ruler this time!

And with a ruler this time!

:thumbsup:

"A pretty good mouthful..." doesn't really tell us much.

This POS was milking the system thinking he had a cushy gig not having to deal with the daily scum that cops deal with. Once it happened he basically said ' that , I could have retired 8 years ago. No way I'm dying for nobody when I could have been sitting on my lawn chair when this shooting went down. I'll act as if I'm in that lawn chair.'

I was too far away from the save point on my phone's Grand Theft Auto app.

Yay unions

always knew you were a lib

In an ideal world we would all have good pensions.

8700 a month for being a cop that doesn't intervene during a school schooting?

I agree with skibum and ed here.

Good pensions yes.

9k? Ridiculous. Especially for a guy who was so sh!t as a cop they put him in a school post in the first place, and then pussed out and watched kids die.

Fock that guy. Hope he has to move and dies alone.

Never thought so much wrong could be embodied in one guy.

In an ideal world, we'd all have good pensions, sure. Not just some people. Like this guy.

It wouldn't be 9K a month for one guy, and nothing for mostly everyone.

And some 55 year old burning taxpayer money who isn't even going to do his job, when it's such an important job?

Sorry unions, you had your day when you helped. Now, you're a special interest group.

In an ideal world, we'd all have good pensions, sure. Not just some people. Like this guy.

And some 55 year old burning taxpayer money who isn't even going to do his job, when it's such an important job?

Sorry unions, you had your day when you helped. Now, you're a special interest group.

:thumbsup:

Wrong. Workers rights will go the opposite direction if unions disappeared. Amazing how dumb you people are when it comes to this. There needs to be a balance. It cant be all union all the time, because unions would have too much power. It also cant be zero unions, because they do serve a purpose in protecting workers wages and work place conditions.

Plus there is a difference in private vs public unions.

Did you know that there is no federal law that says you get a break at work? They leave it up to the states. I believe the majority of states also do not have a law that says workers need a break. It's more just a courtesy in the employers mind.

Working in an office in a controlled climate, it's easy to bash unions. When someone works in the environment I work in, with all the dangers and shitty conditions, it makes that person appreciate an entity who they can fall back on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, since this is the geek club, i should clarify everything i post so that it does not get taken out of context.

1. I am anti-union

2. This specific guy does not deserve a pension

3. I do not think it is possible for us all to have pensions, however that would be nice.

Wrong. Workers rights will go the opposite direction if unions disappeared. Amazing how dumb you people are when it comes to this. There needs to be a balance. It cant be all union all the time, because unions would have too much power. It also cant be zero unions, because they do serve a purpose in protecting workers wages and work place conditions.

Did you know that there is no federal law that says you get a break at work? They leave it up to the states. I believe the majority of states also do not have a law that says workers need a break. It's more just a courtesy in the employers mind.

Working in an office in a controlled climate, it's easy to bash unions. When someone works in the environment I work in, with all the dangers and shitty conditions, it makes that person appreciate an entity who they can fall back on.

Worker safety is important, sure. Not sure unions are the only mechanism to accomplish that.

So, do only the people in the union deserve workplace safety? Or does everyone?

Do only people in unions deserve to be advocated for concerning wages, or does everyone?

I love teachers, firefighters, and police officers. Because the geek club I will clarify this.

Worker safety is important, sure. Not sure unions are the only mechanism to accomplish that.

So, do only the people in the union deserve workplace safety? Or does everyone?

Do only people in unions deserve to be advocated for concerning wages, or does everyone?

I love teachers, firefighters, and police officers. Because the geek club I will clarify this.

All people deserve good working conditions. I believe that if unions went away, workers in general lose bargaining power, even the non union ones. Unions aren't the only mechanism, but these days, who is fighting for workers rights? The more we make, the more non union will make, so they better hope we dont go away.

All people deserve good working conditions. I believe that if unions went away, workers in general lose bargaining power, even the non union ones. Unions aren't the only mechanism, but these days, who is fighting for workers rights? The more we make, the more non union will make, so they better hope we dont go away.

:doh:

just stop, you're a pipe fitter big whippeeedoo, if you get hurt its because you or one of your hack brothers up.

Stop with dangerous nonsense for christs sake. It's nonsense, I KNOW

just stop, you're a pipe fitter big whippeeedoo, if you get hurt its because you or one of your hack brothers ###### up.

Stop with dangerous nonsense for christs sake. It's nonsense, I KNOW

Wow. Just wow. I thought you had a clue about refineries, nuclear power plants, chemical plants and such. So besides the chance someone drops a wrench or hammer or steel on my head by accident from 70 feet up, I have all the chemicals to worry about when opening pipe. Or maybe the extra UV radiation exposure from welding. Parkinsons from hexavalent chromium.

Even besides me listing all the dangerous shlt that could happen, here is a fact: when I got into the trade the average life span of a pipe fitter was 61 - 63 years old. Only 14-16 years less than the national average. You have zero credibility.

You are nothing more than an office bltch, obviously. To imagine, I thought you actually had a clue what the field was like. You are a certified pvssie. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Wow. Just wow. I thought you had a clue about refineries, nuclear power plants, chemical plants and such. So besides the chance someone drops a wrench or hammer or steel on my head by accident from 70 feet up, I have all the chemicals to worry about when opening pipe. Or maybe the extra UV radiation exposure from welding. Parkinsons from hexavalent chromium.

Even besides me listing all the dangerous shlt that could happen, here is a fact: when I got into the trade the average life span of a pipe fitter was 61 - 63 years old. Only 14-16 years less than the national average. You have zero credibility.

You are nothing more than an office bltch, obviously. To imagine, I thought you actually had a clue what the field was like. You are a certified pvssie. Thanks for setting the record straight.

stop, fantastic could drop one his wrestling action figures off a bridge and poke someone's eye out too.

Bigwhippdeedoo

Mistake right there.

Drobs is at best an office bltch who gets real men coffee. He is clueless about how construction goes in the field. To think, I had respect for what he does as a profession. I thought he was being genuine. I was wrong.

My pension isn't as big as his, he did 33 years, but I bet my health benefits blow his away. Plus dental and vision, except periodontist. It's all good.

In an ideal world we would all have good pensions.

everyone can. It's called saving..you do it and so should everyone else.

Don't need to be in a union.

http://www.ciboiler.com

Yep, get the top pay and post in bordes all day.

I can taste the jealousy. You cant stand seeing a construction worker make a good living and retirement. Yep, come after me and never mind the CEO who makes 100 times what I do

Yep, get the top pay and post in bordes all day.

This is so great. I'm making time and a half all day. So much money in one day for work. Plus 100 today for per diem. Wow. Unions are fvcking awesome. If we start working Sundays, it will be double time all day. Plus another 100 for per diem. Man I love being in a union.

Short man syndrome exhibit A.

My post was because of all the bs Alias had been spewing the past week. Plus you are a self admitted pvssy anyway

This is so great. I'm making time and a half all day. So much money in one day for work. Plus 100 today for per diem. Wow. Unions are fvcking awesome. If we start working Sundays, it will be double time all day. Plus another 100 for per diem. Man I love being in a union.

Lol. Youre such a union shill.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-douglas-survivor-lawsuit-federal-judge-20181217-story.html

As sad as it is, this is the correct interpretation of the law. Unless theyre able to establish a special relationship between him and the school since hes an RSO. I know in my state, there is no "duty to act" law that mandates police to act. Interestingly enough, theres another suit going on now that says Peterson did have a duty to act.