Sign in to follow this  
The Original Whizzinator

Rate Me...

Finally, one draft down. 12 teams, .5 ppr.

QB: Brees, Vick

RB: Tomlinson, Addai, Benson, Gore, M. Bell, Turner

WR: Fitzgerald, Mason, Bryant, V. Jackson, Henry

TE: Gates

K: Feely

D:Colts

Just learned of the Barlow trade when I got home, so that was a nice treat already.

Could have been better if you had handcuffed Gore with Barlow, then having 2 starters (it appears) instead of a rbbc, but overall it looks good. I'd be interested to see what receivers went ahead of Fitzgerald at 22.

Could have been better if you had handcuffed Gore with Barlow, then having 2 starters (it appears) instead of a rbbc, but overall it looks good. I'd be interested to see what receivers went ahead of Fitzgerald at 22.

Why would you handcuff Gore with a Jets tailback?? :blink:

I tool Fitzy as the 4th WR after Owens (14), Johnson (18), Smith (20). It was basically between him and Holt, but I was kinda targeting Fitz. going in so I went with him.

I would've liked handcuffing Barlow too, hence my excitement I mentioned when I got home and noticed he had been traded.

I tool Fitzy as the 4th WR after Owens (14), Johnson (18), Smith (20). It was basically between him and Holt, but I was kinda targeting Fitz. going in so I went with him.

I would've liked handcuffing Barlow too, hence my excitement I mentioned when I got home and noticed he had been traded.

Dude, you're going to roll! :banana: Top 3 RB, Top TE, Top 5 WR! You are set baby! :banana:

I'm guessing you might be a Chargers fan?

Finally, one draft down. 12 teams, .5 ppr.

QB: Brees, Vick

RB: Tomlinson, Addai, Benson, Gore, M. Bell, Turner

WR: Fitzgerald, Mason, Bryant, V. Jackson, Henry

TE: Gates

K: Feely

D:Colts

Just learned of the Barlow trade when I got home, so that was a nice treat already.

Where did you take Gates? I bet that at the end of the season you will look back on the Gates pick as the pick that cost you the season

Where did you take Gates? I bet that at the end of the season you will look back on the Gates pick as the pick that cost you the season

Gates at 3.3 which is his exact ADP. Can't see how taking the overwhelming consensus #1 at a position is going to cost me the season though. There were some good WRs, but I just didn't like any of the RBs that much. D Davis, K. Jones, Dillon, Parker, Dunn. None of those guys seem to be the lock I believe Gates to be.

Gates at 3.3 which is his exact ADP. Can't see how taking the overwhelming consensus #1 at a position is going to cost me the season though. There were some good WRs, but I just didn't like any of the RBs that much. D Davis, K. Jones, Dillon, Parker, Dunn. None of those guys seem to be the lock I believe Gates to be.

I agree he is the consensus # 1 TE, but he will not, over the long haul, make a difference when you are getting beat up at the WR position and hoping Gore, Addai, or Bell can keep you close at the RB position. Fitz is a stud, Mason should be good but I would have gone RB or WR at 3.3 and let someone else have Gates.

I agree he is the consensus # 1 TE, but he will not, over the long haul, make a difference when you are getting beat up at the WR position and hoping Gore, Addai, or Bell can keep you close at the RB position. Fitz is a stud, Mason should be good but I would have gone RB or WR at 3.3 and let someone else have Gates.

:cheers: Not sure why he would have to hope Gore, Addai or Bell could keep him close at the RB position. LT gives him a better base at RB than all but 2 other teams. All he needs is for one of those 3 or Benson to start and be average and his RBs will be stronger than all but a couple teams. Gore and Bell appear to have already won starting jobs at this point.

At the TE position he pushes his edge up a little more with Gates dominating the competition. So really, you're only talking about Bryant's stats vs other teams #3 receiver. What do you really think the point differential will be there?

What RB would you have taken? All the guys he discussed are not much safer than what he did.