Sign in to follow this  
bhale

Glut of Running Backs - Who to Trade?

I'm in a 12 team league with 2 bench spots and relatively standard scoring.

So I loaded up on RB talent during my draft and ended up with:

1) Shaun Alexander

2) Willis McGahee

3) Chester Taylor

4) DeShaun Foster

5) Ahman Green

I need to unload 2 of them and am shopping for wide receivers as my current group consists of Eddie Kennison, Reggie Brown and Troy Williamson.

I'd like to hear opinions on:

1) Who do I shop the hardest? Foster has upside if he stays healthy, Taylor has a pretty secure starting job and the packers have to hand off the ball to someone. Or do I shop McGahee and try to nab a top tier receiver such as Holt, Moss etc.

2) Any thoughts on my current receivers? They are obviously sub standard but I like that Kennison and Brown are the #1 targets of good quarterbacks. If I can't make a trade, are they serviceable?

Thanks

Yeah, a great corps of RBs. Your WR's do suck pretty bad. Check out my trade question below, as I'm in a very similiar situation.

Anyway, I would be most interested in dangling Green first, and then Deshaun Foster. I'm very high on Taylor, and would probably put McGahee out there before him. Of course, if you want a stud (Holt/Fitz/Harrison, etc.) you're gonna have to go McGahee. Me personally, I prefer any of those top WRs to Willis McGahee, especially when you are set up pretty well at RB.

If you dangle Green you'lll get no better than a 2/3, probably somebody like David Givens, or Keyshawn Johnson. It would still be a massive improvement over your WR corps. I would wait for Green to take the field, hope for the best, like a TD and 50 yards, and then get yourself something for him before he breaks, or we see how much committee they're going to have.

Please check me out:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...=0#entry2608630