Sign in to follow this  
MrClark

Need Keeper Help --- Tomorrow Deadline!

I am in a 10-team league and can keep 4 players --- 1 of the keepers must be a rookie.

League scoring is 6 points for a touchdown, and 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving. Quarterbacks only get 4 points for passing TD's, and they get 1 point for every 25 yards passing.

I am keeping Clinton Portis and Chad Johnson. I am also keeping Braylon Edwards because he is my only rookie. I need to keep one more player.

My choices are:

QB: Tom Brady, Trent Green

RB: Warrick Dunn, Mike Anderson, Thomas Jones

WR: Plaxico Burress, Deion Branch, Isaac Bruce, Roy Williams

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley

Please help me decide who to choose as my last keeper. Thanks.

My choices are:

QB: Tom Brady, Trent Green

RB: Warrick Dunn, Mike Anderson, Thomas Jones

WR: Plaxico Burress, Deion Branch, Isaac Bruce, Roy Williams

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley

Personally, I'd keep Brady or Burress, leaning towards Brady. There are a lot of other Tier 2 Wide Outs that can be picked up early to fill out your starters, but the drop off in QB is pretty quick. You already have a couple of studs in Portis and Johnson. Both Burress and Brady are ADP 4th round, but with your scoring, the other WR's ppbly aren't that much better than Burress...

Personally, I'd keep Brady or Burress, leaning towards Brady. There are a lot of other Tier 2 Wide Outs that can be picked up early to fill out your starters, but the drop off in QB is pretty quick. You already have a couple of studs in Portis and Johnson. Both Burress and Brady are ADP 4th round, but with your scoring, the other WR's ppbly aren't that much better than Burress...

Anybody think I should keep Dunn or Gonzalez?

Anybody think I should keep Dunn or Gonzalez?

Gonzalez is about the same as the top 7 TE's with maybe 10 points through the season higher. Dunn is a dime a dozen with the RBs this year... Yeah he is good, but you can pick up any other tier 4 RB who should produce just as well. (I'm starting Dunn this year so I'm not down on him at all)

What spots do you have to give up for your keepers? If you have to give away all of your top picks, maybe keep Dunn and pickup WR/QB. If you still get to pick early, I'd still lean towards Brady so you can focus on getting RB/WR quickly and not worry about any QB's until late-mid/late rounds. You should be able to get another high end RB and WR in your first two picks then your in good shape.

Do you know who everybody else is keeping? That would change my strategy... Lock up what is scarce...

Gonzalez is about the same as the top 7 TE's with maybe 10 points through the season higher. Dunn is a dime a dozen with the RBs this year... Yeah he is good, but you can pick up any other tier 4 RB who should produce just as well. (I'm starting Dunn this year so I'm not down on him at all)

What spots do you have to give up for your keepers? If you have to give away all of your top picks, maybe keep Dunn and pickup WR/QB. If you still get to pick early, I'd still lean towards Brady so you can focus on getting RB/WR quickly and not worry about any QB's until late-mid/late rounds. You should be able to get another high end RB and WR in your first two picks then your in good shape.

Do you know who everybody else is keeping? That would change my strategy... Lock up what is scarce...

I don't know who everyone else is keeping. They don't announce it until everyone has turned in their keepers.

We don't have to give up any spots at all --- everyone gets the same draft picks regardless of who you keep. Draft order is based on how you finished last year --- I'll be drafting # 8 this year (out of 10).

I don't know who everyone else is keeping. They don't announce it until everyone has turned in their keepers.

We don't have to give up any spots at all --- everyone gets the same draft picks regardless of who you keep. Draft order is based on how you finished last year --- I'll be drafting # 8 this year (out of 10).

Well.. Worst case, everybody keeps 2 RB's and then picks up their backups in round 1 (unlikely). You should be able to get J. Lewis, Gore, Foster, T. Bell or a few others... And that is worst case... More likely, you can snag Dunn again in round 1 and then turn in for Burress or another similiar pick round two... It's kind of a crap shoot... Go with your gut :headbanger: