Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Gonna Nix A Deal, But Need Dues Paid

Would It Be Wrong For Me To Do This?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would It Be Wrong For Me To Do This?

• Yes, It Would Be Wrong.
    • No, It Would Not Be Wrong.

So I am the commish in a dynasty league and two teams have agreed to a trade. Personally, I don't think the trade is that even (I'll refrain from giving the exact deal because I know people in my league are on here too), so I want to nix it.

But one of the teams has only paid half his dues for the season, and the date for submitting dues for this upcoming season was like 6 weeks ago.

If I nix the deal now, I think I may not receive payment at all, which would deprive many people of their proper payouts. I've played in a few leagues where that has happened, and it is always so aggravating.

So would it be fair game for me to ask the owner to pay the remaining half now, and then never actually process the trade?

Your job as commish is not to police trades.

In this league we got it set up that way, but I try not to invoke it much at all. But I always give the owners a way to appeal the decision. Here, they can both appeal, which makes me notify all the owners. 1 out of the 13 other owners has to 2nd, and then it is put to a league-wide vote.

Now that I wrote that all out, maybe it's time for me to consider a simpler process, lol.

No transactions if dues aren't paid. This is from the start. If you want to give 2 weeks it's up to you.

No trade. This is a deadbeat looking to pay dues out of winnings.

is this the same guy who starts threads like this weekly?

Yep. He dreams them up in his Mom's basement, right after sniffing glue.

No transactions if dues aren't paid. This is from the start. If you want to give 2 weeks it's up to you.

No trade. This is a deadbeat looking to pay dues out of winnings.

I feel the same way, don't let the slacker trade until he pays his dues. And for sure, if he doesn't pay it at all, boot him outta the league!

• Like 1

If this guy is real, i can't imagine anyone sticking around more than a year with all the drama this commish generates.

But chances are not real. :ninja:

can he be removed from the forum? his threads are pretty annoying.

nah, it's all real fellas. I will say this though, if you don't like the post, then you can just ignore. No worries if not, but I just had to throw that out there.

nah, it's all real fellas. I will say this though, if you don't like the post, then you can just ignore. No worries if not, but I just had to throw that out there.

]

You tell them: no transactions unless dues are paid in full.

After that, you consider the equity in the transaction, and deny if needed.

]

You tell them: no transactions unless dues are paid in full.

After that, you consider the equity in the transaction, and deny if needed.

That's basically what I did. I told him I needed dues, then after he paid I processed the trade and let things play out. It got challenged on the message board and I seconded. I realized that I shouldn't intermingle my responsibilities as Commish, Treasurer, and owner like that. I should keep them separate, so when I seconded, I did so in my capacity as an interested owner. Nixing it straight up as the Commish seemed like such a bush-league thing to do.