Larry Fitzgerald Returning for 16th season

He will be 36.

Fitzgerald through 35. 1303 - 16279 - 133

Rice through 35 1057 - 16455 - 155

Rice after 36 462-6011-39

• Like 1

Wow now thats really interesting stats.

And Fitz didnt have Montana and Young.

Im just really surprised at those stats and how they stack up.

Thanks TimmySmith.

He will be 36.

Fitzgerald through 35. 1303 - 16279 - 133

Rice through 35 1057 - 16455 - 155

Rice after 36 462-6011-39

Wow now thats really interesting stats.

And Fitz didnt have Montana and Young.

Im just really surprised at those stats and how they stack up.

Thanks TimmySmith.

Amazing. Would have never guessed they were so close through age 35. But let me throw out a few qualifiers....Rice obviously had the better QBs by an infinite amount, but

-Fitz started younger, therefore he played 2 seasons more than Rice by age 35. Huge numbers difference if you take that into account.

-Also, Rice put up his stats in a non passing era. Teams averaged anywhere from 185-205 yards passing per game in Rice's era, yet are closer to 225-245 yards passing per game in Fitz era.

That being said, I love Fitz. I've always thought he was the closest thing to Jerry Rice in style and execution that we have seen since.

• Like 1

Amazing. Would have never guessed they were so close through age 35. But let me throw out a few qualifiers....Rice obviously had the better QBs by an infinite amount, but

-Fitz started younger, therefore he played 2 seasons more than Rice by age 35. Huge numbers difference if you take that into account.

-Also, Rice put up his stats in a non passing era. Teams averaged anywhere from 185-205 yards passing per game in Rice's era, yet are closer to 225-245 yards passing per game in Fitz era.

That being said, I love Fitz. I've always thought he was the closest thing to Jerry Rice in style and execution that we have seen since.

You mention he had better Qbs, but that cannot be understated. 2 HOF QBs, plus a perennial passing and winning team. And it was technically a non passing era, so the coverages weren't designed to primarily stop the pass, and the DBacks didn't have anywhere near the latitude they have today. Huge advantages to a team that was years ahead of it's time.

Those of us who grew up with Rice never thought anyone would come within a mile of his records. Fitz has a shot at number of catches.

You mention he had better Qbs, but that cannot be understated. 2 HOF QBs, plus a perennial passing and winning team. And it was technically a non passing era, so the coverages weren't designed to primarily stop the pass, and the DBacks didn't have anywhere near the latitude they have today. Huge advantages to a team that was years ahead of it's time.

Those of us who grew up with Rice never thought anyone would come within a mile of his records. Fitz has a shot at number of catches.

I have always believed that Moss would have broken his TD record if he had played with better QBs......He basically had 2 seasons with an upper echelon QB (Brady), then had about 4 seasons in which he was so dominant that he made a QB look good (Cunningham, Culpepper), and that is it.

Did you know Moss's 2006 Raiders only had 7 TD passes as a team all season long? I can't even fathom that.

I have always believed that Moss would have broken his TD record if he had played with better QBs......He basically had 2 seasons with an upper echelon QB (Brady), then had about 4 seasons in which he was so dominant that he made a QB look good (Cunningham, Culpepper), and that is it.

Did you know Moss's 2006 Raiders only had 7 TD passes as a team all season long? I can't even fathom that.

Moss certainly was the most physically gifted WR of his time and 2nd all time to Calvin Johnson IMO. Both are great examples of all things that could possibly derail an All Time leader's career.

Nice research, those two extra years do make a difference, but two HOF qbs plus the Bill Walsh factor, plus Rice posted those number before the passing bonanza we see today, And watching Rice play, he was amazing, but too how Fitz stacks up is a real surprise to me.