Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Walking Dead Season 8

To be clear, I was talking about Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan schtick, not Morgan the character. :thumbsup:

Ahhh. Makes sense now

I heard something a little bit surprising the other day. Carl was unable to handle any of the automatic weapons. Even though they of course were dumb down until he turned 14.

Seems surprising given that they film in Georgia.

I'm a little curious how they handle Carl. He long ago made it known that he was going to go on to college. But as I understand it, he doesn't die off in the comic book. He hasn't been around much thankfully. Truly the most annoying character on the show.

Another problem with the last episode was how easy it was for Ezekiel to outrun walkers for half the episode by limping away with a bullet in his leg.

Also, Carol had thiose guys pinned down then saw that Ezekiel needed help. I thought the point was she couldn't go save him because those guys would be able to shoot her in the back. Instead, they just ignored her and left. Maybe they cared more about the guns, but it would have been pretty easy to shoot her before going.

I'm a little curious how they handle Carl. He long ago made it known that he was going to go on to college. But as I understand it, he doesn't die off in the comic book. He hasn't been around much thankfully. Truly the most annoying character on the show.

His characters story in the comic doesn’t matter, they can do what they want with him in the show. All I know is college would be a huge waste of time when he can be on the show instead. The old bird in hand worth two in the bush saying seems to be lost on a lot of people though.

His characters story in the comic doesnt matter, they can do what they want with him in the show. All I know is college would be a huge waste of time when he can be on the show instead. The old bird in hand worth two in the bush saying seems to be lost on a lot of people though.

Says you.

Remember when Jonathan Taylor Thomas made the courageous decision to leave home improvement to go to college?

I mean, just look at him now!

Another problem with the last episode was how easy it was for Ezekiel to outrun walkers for half the episode by limping away with a bullet in his leg.

Also, Carol had thiose guys pinned down then saw that Ezekiel needed help. I thought the point was she couldn't go save him because those guys would be able to shoot her in the back. Instead, they just ignored her and left. Maybe they cared more about the guns, but it would have been pretty easy to shoot her before going.

at first, i questioned the Carol thing but if you notice, they are hiding behind the truck, not firing at her anymore at all and she even asks them how many bullets you have left after killing all those walkers? So its easy to assume none and as soon as she turned her attention to Ezekiel and Big Man, they bolted for it.

then again the driver has a hand gun he pulls on rick during the hilarious car chase scene......

theres always going to be convenience writing.

im sure no actor on any hit show has ever been able to work around production and handle school / family / side projects (norman reedus has that biking show)... kid can go to college somehwere close to where they shoot and im sure get a special schedule for himself.

not like this is game of thrones being filmed in other countries

Well, that Mexican chick Rosita has some really nice titties.

I caught her on an episode of Talking Dead where she was dressed in normal girl clothes and God damn she was hot.

Just finished this week's episode.

JFC...........why do I continue watching this sh!t?

Yup that was pretty focking terrible. Expecting mayhem and destruction and get that, nobody wanted to see that little focker on the show anymore anyway.

That being said, it was a pretty big deviation to the comics since Coral is still alive in them. (Barely) interested to see where they go next with Rick. Pretty much only watching now cuz I'm too invested at this point. This last season and a half has been bad.

It's like I said in an earlier Post in this thread. Carl had long ago telegraphed his departure. He wanted to leave and go to college. I mean, that was probably at least two years ago.

Similarly, in the first couple weeks of Negan appearing on the show, Jeffrey Dean Morgan let it slip that he's going to be around for at least a couple years. So, whatever Edge there was in hoping to God that Negan would be killed off this year for example is completely lost.

That seems to be the thing that's pissing me and half of the internet off the most. They have had Negan literally in their sites like 4 times already. Rick has said repeatedly that Negan has to go. That they are going to kill him without exception. There's no ambiguity whatsoever, but then, when they could easily f****** kill the guy they don't.

It's basically become a bloodier albeit less entertaining version of Sylvester and Tweety.

Yea.... That half season was simply not good.. A lot of laughable moments that weren't supposed to be funny..

Of the two, I see the black Nubian goddess going the most ape shitt even over Rick with this latest news.

There is no way she should have gotten her ass kicked. So I'd like to see her go seriously ape shitt the way she took down the governor.

And IRL, broad is beautiful and built. She's got shoulders like Patrick Ewing. Out of all the people there? She is literally the last one I'd want to tangle with.

Yup that was pretty focking terrible. Expecting mayhem and destruction and get that, nobody wanted to see that little focker on the show anymore anyway.

That being said, it was a pretty big deviation to the comics since Coral is still alive in them. (Barely) interested to see where they go next with Rick. Pretty much only watching now cuz I'm too invested at this point. This last season and a half has been bad.

Pretty sure i've said this a few times already but i've really lost a lot of interest in the show basically since they arrived at Alexandria. I suppose when they first arrive its still okay, interesting to see how a bunch of survivalists could adjust to a community that had lived 90% of the time behind big walls with nice houses, electricity etc etc. Little things like when they choose to sleep on the floor instead of beds.

But i started the show very late. I never wanted to give it a chance and I think I binge watched the first 5.5 seasons? I don't remember exactly but I think I picked it up live around the time when Carol and Maggie? kill that group of Saviors after they all attack the first outpost.

To me, the show was a lot more entertaining when it was about surviving from Zombies. You still had character development (sometimes really poorly done) but the Zombie threat was always front and center. It's been a struggle to watch a show that now centers on war between different factions of people. Yes, there were fights between Rick's group and the governor or the Terminus people but like I mentioned before, even during those battles, Zombies still ruled the narrative. This has now been like 3 seasons of back and forth with Negan. There are too many different communities of survivors so closely located to one another and Zombies have now been relegated to weaponry, and mass crowd control. You no longer feel like Zombies are a threat. So much noise is made during these battles and Zombies are never a concern, the saviors are using focking bullhorns in the middle of the night and no zombies show up?.... unless a group of people rounds up a herd to use as a weapon.

For so long now, a zombie hasn't really done anything of importance. Sasha turns herself but when was the last time an important character was offed by a zombie? The gay guys gay lover? Wasn't important enough. So now Carl was careless enough to get bit in the side? All this time with Zombies being secondary and the big tear jerker moment is Carl has a zombie bite??? :wacko:

I don't really know if the show has no idea how to end itself. That all depends on if the show wants to end itself. There is still source material (unlike say GoT) correct? And while some of the actors are good (Lennie James for example) there are no actors that are so big on this show that they will be making a name for themselves in feature films. This would seem to be their golden egg.

The biggest downfall of the show has been the abundence of convenience writing. Been talking about it for many seasons now. Every show has it, Game of Thrones has it but this show seems to take the cake. It starts off slowly....

- They find a prison to live in after months of living like animals on the road, even though the prison suppoedly isn't that far from Herschel's farm or Ricks own home town.

- That winter they spend roaming around before finding the prison, they never encounter the governor or any of his people

then it starts to get goofy....

- Prison is blown up and the group is scattered yet they ALL find train tracks with huge signs for Terminus. With all the supply runs and/or Michonne spending lots of time searching for the governor, no one ever came across these really close train tracks and signs? :rolleyes:

- The Saviors are basically owning the Hilltop and Kingdom for resources but they never found Alexandria until Ricks group shows up? :rolleyes:

- Jesus is romaing around, Gay Aaron is romaing around, they never run into each other or into Saviors who appear to be all over the place?

- These communities are all pretty damn close to each other and never knew about each other. Carl and Ingrid, Igrid? Inid? whatever... are able to walk to Hilltop in a day.

Whatever, I'm just going to make this a long post.

They kill off cool characters like Abraham (i know he died before that in the books) and original characters like Beth and Glen but they keep freaking Eugene, Gabriel and lesbo Tara???. I know you have to lose major characters here and there but at this point, who is still alive from the farm / prison which has been the peak of the show? Rick, Carol, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Judith? am I missing anyone? Yeah im a big Rosita fan because shes sexy as hell and Morgan is an original, even though he is not part of the show for a long stretch but it just feels, at this point, like there are only a handful of originals plus a bunch of cannon fodder. Jesus is very annoying... the King is fun but do we really need these new, weaker overall characters at the expense of Abraham, Glen, etc... ?

Basically, when i binge watched to catch up, I was getting pretty into the show. I was able to look past some of the bad acting "Coraaaal", and enjoy the subject matter. But ever since I actually caught up to the show, I tune in every week but I think like you said, Dain, its because im invested now and nothing more.

Final thought : if they can have so many pockets of surviving communities in this tiny little area of .... virginia? Is that where they are now? Then how many pockets of surviving communites exist around the country? And can I assume that the plane/helicoptor Rick sees fly over head a few episodes ago is evidence that these groups are living in their own little world, fighting for survival, while there may be bigger and better sanctuary elsewhere?

**apparantly, there is another faction recently introduced in the comics that could explain the helicoptor. **

Mid-season premiere in an hour..anyone care?

Its curtains for Coral :wave:

:tumbleweed:

Im for sure watching but as said before in this thread, not looking for a masterpiece.

For that Im knee deep in a re-watch binge of breaking bad. When I start that show I cant put it down.

If Carl would have survived some how, I was done with this series. But since he's dead,

A classic tribute to the poor writing this show produces.

Andea delivers Judith.

Carl: Mom, I have to kill you! You're gonna turn and we can't have that you .

Carl: Dad, I want fawk Michone and you can kill me. There's a reason I ate a gallon of chocolate pudding on that roof top. Please kill me. I thought at some point in the series I'd get to eat Michone and be the hero.

I hate the humidity here in Georgia and need to go to college somewhere in the north. So I'm going to shoot my other eye out, make a bunch of freshmen cry when they see me in PSYC 101 and fawk them silly in my new dorm after name drop.

You want to meet Norman? Let's text him. Instant poosay.

I hated Carl but, but I respect his decision.

Edith's got a solid rack.

No Carl, no competition.

Morgan's going to the other show. Strong talk of the lead chick and Michonne leaving.

Need to wrap this up before the entire cast quits.

Edith's got a solid rack.

No Carl, no competition.

Morgan's going to the other show. Strong talk of the lead chick and Michonne leaving.

Need to wrap this up before the entire cast quits.

Who's the lead chick?

So this is what happens when you let in refugees from the wrong country? Thanks Sadiq.

:lol:

I swear, beluga whales have shorter gestation periods.

:lol:

She's been pregnant for 3 seasons now and hasn't gained a pound :doh:

Well at least the grinder scene at the dump was decent.

• Like 1

I kept trying to decide if that Jadis was hot or not. When they showed her feet that decided it. Not.

And I've been pleasantly surprised with the show since it came back from the mid-season break. It was refreshing to see Negan actually act like a human being when Rick told him Carl was dead. Negan's character has been so horribly written that a change of pace can do nothing but help :thumbsup: