Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

New NFL National Anthem Policy

Nobody will see them protest.

I see a right to free speech lawsuit coming.

Hard to see how the Gov. is repressing their free speech. Not a lawyer, but unless there is something really crazy about NFL anti-trust exemption, they are still a private entity and those are employees working for them on their time, so not a 1st Amendment issue.

This policy is a cop out, a joke. The game will suck even more this year with the stupid rule changes.

I'm actually with you. It was 100% a cop out. Should be stand for the anthem of gtfo of the league.

Voltire, supermike TDZ (God rest his soul) there may be more.

<--- This guy.

Also yostevo RIP.

Ratings should soar this year!

Looking forward to Trump tweeting about soaring ratings in October because the NFL respects the flag now. MNFLGA!

:lol:

Cool.

Now I assume the players will find a new way to protest against police brutality....like some sort of hand signal that they do after plays........and because it isn't during the National Anthem, people won't be able to make the ridiculous argument that the hand signal is an anti-American protest of our military. And by virtue of said protest not being confined to long before kickoff, more eyes will see it and it'll be even more effective.

Cool.

Now I assume the players will find a new way to protest against against police brutality....like some sort of hand signal that they do after plays........and because it isn't during the National Anthem, people won't be able to make the ridiculous argument that the hand signal is an anti-American protest of our military. And by virtue of said protest not being confined to long before kickoff, more eyes will see it and it'll be even more effective.

Cool. Won't add one viewer, will cause more to leave or not come back. Great strategy on how to make less money.

Ok...i havent read all the posts but this could be the dumbest loophole policy I have ever seen.

So...if you stay in the lockeroom...how is that different from kneeling. They will still be villified in the court of public opinion. Everyone will know who it is. This is stupid.

It should have been:

1. Everyone comes out and stands. No exceptions.

2. Players dont come out till after the national anthem.

Thats it. Your only two options.

A bunch of clueless rich white men who cant deal with hearing the word no.

Such a dumb policy. THE TEAM gets fined...not the player? Ridiculous.

I wont be watching.

• Like 1

Cool. Won't add one viewer, will cause more to leave or not come back. Great strategy on how to make less money.

But the reason viewers were leaving is because the players were protesting against the anthem/troops/America.....so why would a hand signal against brutality after a sack cause more viewers to leave?

1. Everyone comes out and stands. No exceptions.

2. Players dont come out till after the national anthem.

Thats it. Your only two options.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Im sorry u didnt understand. What part confused you? Typing on my phone..it should have been prefaced with " one of these two options"

The NFL makes the rules, period. Dumb of them to let it get this far. Players stand during the anthem. You're "on the clock". Do what the boss says if you want to get paid. You don't want to? Fine, your choice. Buh-bye.

But for the people offended, or even worse those who don't watch football because of it: overreact much? A few focktards do something you don't like, and you say fock the whole league and the sport? Don't be so thin skinned.

But the reason viewers were leaving is because the players were protesting against the anthem/troops/America.....so why would a hand signal against brutality after a sack cause more viewers to leave?

It's cool yo don't get it. Enjoy the games, what do you care if others don't watch? Or why?

i have been an anthem hater since is was a kid. :wave:

but, i would usually show respect by going to the bathroom during it. :ninja:

The league will just have to keep trying to win you back. :(

It won’t happen. When I quit watching in 2016 I found that I did not miss football at all. I also discovered that there were much better things to do with my entertainment time and money.

It wont happen. When I quit watching in 2016 I found that I did not miss football at all. I also discovered that there were much better things to do with my entertainment time and money.

I'll answer for you in MDC style: I'm sure they will miss you. Of course he would be ignoring the fact that by making this rule, the NFL has acknowledged that people stopped watching because of the kneeling, despite what the libtards had to say.

It won’t happen. When I quit watching in 2016 I found that I did not miss football at all. I also discovered that there were much better things to do with my entertainment time and money.

like what?

The NFL makes the rules, period. Dumb of them to let it get this far. Players stand during the anthem. You're "on the clock". Do what the boss says if you want to get paid. You don't want to? Fine, your choice. Buh-bye.

This is what Ive never understood about this whole thing...these fukers are working for an employer! Wanna exercise your rights? Fine...just dont come back to work. Do what your fukin told and keep your piehole shut! Go run your mouth and kneel with Stephen A or Jamele.

It wont happen. When I quit watching in 2016 I found that I did not miss football at all. I also discovered that there were much better things to do with my entertainment time and money.

Well to be fair you said you were barely watching football because the game was soft and boring back in 2013-14, so it sounds like the league didnt lose a hardcore fan anyway.

Cool.

Now I assume the players will find a new way to protest against police brutality....like some sort of hand signal that they do after plays........and because it isn't during the National Anthem, people won't be able to make the ridiculous argument that the hand signal is an anti-American protest of our military. And by virtue of said protest not being confined to long before kickoff, more eyes will see it and it'll be even more effective.

they should protest by not being ass holes to cops

The new policy should ha e read as follows.

The nfl expects all of its EMPLOYEES to show proper respect to the national anthem. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of a game check for that game, possible suspension, or termination.

And then enforce it. Simple.

Looking at some statistics from 2017. Of the 987 people shot and killed by the police, 940 were men. That is such crap. Women make up over half the population.

I am gonna protest until they start killing more women.

These policies are funny but not as funny as people saying they wont watch when obviously they will.

These policies are funny but not as funny as people saying they wont watch when obviously they will.

Well, it's no surprise that people on a football message board will continue to watch. It's the other customers that they have to worry about. It's like a bar, regulars (alcoholics) pay the bills, the weekend crowd is where the big profits are.

Should get a bump just from all the people tuning in to see who's not on the sideline.

Anthem not televised

Good try

Well, it's no surprise that people on a football message board will continue to watch. It's the other customers that they have to worry about. It's like a bar, regulars (alcoholics) pay the bills, the weekend crowd is where the big profits are.

Its a tough spot for The NFL. The President wanted the NFL do be pulled into the Culture War, and he obviously succeeded in that.

The league will gain some fans back with todays actions, but it will also lose other fans because of todays actions. But in terms of said Culture War, it bodes well for you and yours that when forced to pick a side, the NFL went with the one it did.

Its a tough spot for The NFL. The President wanted the NFL do be pulled into the Culture War, and he obviously succeeded in that.

The league will gain some fans back with todays actions, but it will also lose other fans because of todays actions. But in terms of said Culture War, it bodes well for you and yours that when forced to pick a side, the NFL went with the one it did.

I don't really care who watches or attends the games. Zero affect on me. I'm going to watch, but for whatever reason, it's not like it once was. I care deeply about the Giants, but unlike years past, I can miss other games. No need to watch all the junk they offer up on Monday and Thursday.

It's funny.... before 2009 players weren't even on the field for the National Anthem. Then the NFL decided "hey, we should send the players out! Great PR!" Worked well at first.... then the kneeling happened.

Now they probably wish they had never changed the policy to begin with, but they can't reverse it now or it would seem like ALL of them are kneeling.

After this new rule, I foresee a bunch of (negro) players turning their backs to the flag in protest. Will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to that.

That I'm a Lions fan? There are dozens of us.

:paperbag:

I don't really care who watches or attends the games. Zero affect on me. I'm going to watch, but for whatever reason, it's not like it once was. I care deeply about the Giants, but unlike years past, I can miss other games. No need to watch all the junk they offer up on Monday and Thursday.

Im not going to take a stand and judge what others do. Nor do I care about the ratings and whatnot...

But prior to last season, I watched every Cowboys game unless I was golfing that day......but mostly due to the way Jerry Jones fought for Zeke (it made me nauseous anytime I heard the crowd cheering for him) I bet I watched less than 15 minutes of their games last season. Jerrys anthem stances just drove home the feeling I had. By mid season, I realized I was rooting against Dallas every week.

Ill watch red zone and the playoffs, but Im kind of wishing I could abandon the league altogether. If it wasnt for my enjoying The DNDL so much, I think Id be there.

All that is to say....I get it. Im on the other side of the Culture War, but I get how it cost the league viewers. I really wish the NFL hadnt been drawn into it in week 3 last season.

I love fantasy football but I really stopped following the games at all last year. I didn't want to let my league-mates down by quitting mid-season. I wasn't angry at them and I wasn't going to buddy-fock them with an abandoned team. So I went through the motions but I felt more like I was punching a clock. I'd stepped down as commish of CCDL and missed the playoffs there for the first time ever. Had success in 12 Geeks though, playoff streak continues and I was the favorite in the league championship game ... but no.

I was going to give up FF this year but it's hard to quit the league like I intended to. I think the juices will start flowing again. I think I'll stick around.

Problem is I'm going to absolutely suck in 12 Geeks this year. I only know how my players and the waiver wire fodder performed last year. If a guy on somebody else's roster exploded or busted in 2017, I have no idea, out of sight-out of mind, I wasn't paying attention.

Why do we have to force patriotism? Should we work on that part before we make people do something?

I dont particularly care if they are patriotic. I mean sure, theyre idiot scum, but thats hardly new. I mean, if the fact that the league is full of drug addict wife beating criminals didnt deter me, lack of patriotism wont.

I just want to see the nfl win from a purely employment standpoint. These overpaid prima donnas work what, maybe half the year full time? And they want to protest on someone elses expensive public platform wearing their logo?

Fock you. If you think this is an important social issue, start a real movement. Buy your own airtime. At work? Stfu or get fired.

Im tired of Twitter driving out society.

I love fantasy football but I really stopped following the games at all last year. I didn't want to let my league-mates down by quitting mid-season. I wasn't angry at them and I wasn't going to buddy-fock them with an abandoned team. So I went through the motions but I felt more like I was punching a clock. I'd stepped down as commish of CCDL and missed the playoffs there for the first time ever. Had success in 12 Geeks though, playoff streak continues and I was the favorite in the league championship game ... but no.

I was going to give up FF this year but it's hard to quit the league like I intended to. I think the juices will start flowing again. I think I'll stick around.

Problem is I'm going to absolutely suck in 12 Geeks this year. I only know how my players and the waiver wire fodder performed last year. If a guy on somebody else's roster exploded or busted in 2017, I have no idea, out of sight-out of mind, I wasn't paying attention.

I actually thought about getting back into a ff league this year. But looking at the mange bored, I dont even know who half the players theyre discussing are anymore. I guess three years out of the loop of both college and pro ball has left me behind.

As a rule, they rarely, if ever make anything or anywhere better. The more they have a voice or a majority, things get worse. Much worse. You can look it up, it's a fact.

I actually thought about getting back into a ff league this year. But looking at the mange bored, I dont even know who half the players theyre discussing are anymore. I guess three years out of the loop of both college and pro ball has left me behind.

I'd love to have you back in CCDL. Nikki is gone and with GoColts dropping out, there's an opening. I think you'e in a better place mentally than you were when you were neglecting the team.

I don't know if I ever told you this but your ex-team won back-to-back championships immediately after you left.

Last year, for the first time ever, I'd had a devil of a time filling an open spot in the league. Before that, it'd always been easy. The Geek Club let me down, I failed to find anyone, I had to go into the Find a League/Fill a League forum which, you know, I don't do this for them, I just want to play FF with Geek Club members /ex-members.

I'd love to have you back in CCDL. Nikki is gone and with GoColts dropping out, there's an opening. I think you'e in a better place mentally than you were when you were neglecting the team.

I don't know if I ever told you this but your ex-team won back-to-back championships immediately after you left.

Last year, for the first time ever, I'd had a devil of a time filling an open spot in the league. Before that, it'd always been easy. The Geek Club let me down, I failed to find anyone, I had to go into the Find a League/Fill a League forum which, you know, I don't do this for them, I just want to play FF with Geek Club members /ex-members.

Yeah, back then, I was working every weekend long hours, dealing with the clusterfock of a marriage, etc.

If you need someone to fill it out, gimmie a shout, Ill do it.

Nobody will see them protest.

I see a right to free speech lawsuit coming.

So at someones workplace, say a school, a teacher can flip off a jerk of a kid? A teacher can call a kid a n1gger?

When the school says "No you can't", and penalizes them, then the teacher can sue, because well, "free speech"?

Out of all the stuff we as a society argue about that speak to actual thought like abortion, gun control in America, so on and so forth this topic is a no brainer.

This is a business decision. The NBA has had a similar policy for years with no issue.

Please read: A person has every right to protest as they see fit, ON THIER OWN TIME.

Full Stop.