Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Btw, harassment is...

It's his own side that is coming down on him the hardest in the state senate.

You know...the ass grabbing story, if it's true, makes him sound like he had no regard for her autonomy. Not merely grabbing her ass, doing it repeatedly, and doing it while she was trying to prevent it.

As an aside, besides the major fairness and justice issues these accusation situations are fraught with, it does seem like there is also a resentment that women should complain about certain behavior in the first place, and it be seen as valid to complain about. Ie., grabbing a woman's ass several times when she's not into it shouldn't really factor as a character issue.

Overreactions bother me, and advocating for a kind of super safe unnatural approach of making sure to spell everything out before doing anything intimate, but there is a big spectrum of behavior and where people put the middle ground varies. If the story is true, for me it crosses that reasonable middle ground line. Disrespect someone's autonomy, you're an asshole.

I get that. I do. I guess the timing of these stories just all happening to come out right before an election always rubs me the wrong way.

One of the commenters on a Register article says "Just to be clear. The rumors around Nate Boulton have been brewing since January. Nate decided to see if he could ride this out and keep it secret." No idea if that can be substantiated, and January is still pretty recent, but at least it's not a few days before the primaries, and it conceivably gels with the women feeling like it'll be taken seriously thanks to the Me Too movement.

Yeah who knows. That's definitely an ugly side of politics. If there's an open wound at all you're going to have both sides just digging into it first thing busting it Wide Open with an enormous amount of fake outrage.

I'm just not sure I agree that someone that has done a lot of good for workers rights and people in his community should have that all taken away because of some ass grabbing in a bar years ago. I'm not condoning it but I also don't think it's a death sentence either.

Tell him next time he wants to help his community, don't rub his dìck on people.

Tell him next time he wants to help his community, don't rub his dìck on people.

Helpful if done correctly. :)