Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Is this trade collusion?

Team A and Team B are two new owners in our league. I believe they may be friends or know each other, but I'm not certain. Both teams play in the same division in a 12 team league.

Team A is sitting at a (2-1) record, and Team B is sitting at (0-3). The trade below is as follows (the team refers to TEAM Quarterback).

Team A (2-1) Trade Away: Washington Redskins (WAS) Rashad Jennings (NYG) C.J. Spiller (BUF)

Team B (0-3) Trade Away: New England Patriots (NWE) LeSean McCoy (PHI) Toby Gerhart (JAC)

Now, I'm not one to veto a trade, but this one stinks heavily in favour of a team giving their friend the best RB in the league. I know McCoy has underperformed, but come on.

Thoughts?

Team A and Team B are two new owners in our league. I believe they may be friends or know each other, but I'm not certain. Both teams play in the same division in a 12 team league.

Team A is sitting at a (2-1) record, and Team B is sitting at (0-3). The trade below is as follows (the team refers to TEAM Quarterback).

Team A (2-1) Trade Away: Washington Redskins (WAS) Rashad Jennings (NYG) C.J. Spiller (BUF)

Team B (0-3) Trade Away: New England Patriots (NWE) LeSean McCoy (PHI) Toby Gerhart (JAC)

Now, I'm not one to veto a trade, but this one stinks heavily in favour of a ###### team giving their friend the best RB in the league. I know McCoy has underperformed, but come on.

Thoughts?

Really dude? Wtf

Team A won the trade

Clearly, that's the way I see it.

Cousins will come back down to earth, I'd rather have Brady. Jennings will be outperformed by McCoy by the end of the season. Spiller and Gerhart are a wash imo.

Cousins will come back down to earth, I'd rather have Brady. Jennings will be outperformed by McCoy by the end of the season. Spiller and Gerhart are a wash imo.

yeah... i misread who got who... thought Team A was getting those players and I completely overlooked the Trade AWAY part.

Brady is washed up. I'd rather have Cousins. He can run that offense beautifully. McCoy will outperform Jennings, that much is true. Spiller will also have a lot of games where he's slightly better than Gerhart, but he'll also have quite a few where he scores 10-15 more points than Gerhart... that is not a wash

I prefer team A's situation hands down

Gerhart is useless, completely, so take him out of the trade

Brady is useless, completely so take him out of the trade

Team A is getting Cousins, Jennings and Spiller for Mccoy

thats a heavily favored trade on A's part

Listen man...in any trade involving multiple players, with qbs, and some big names....yer always gonna have an opinion on it and feel one team is getting the better side.....it doesn't mean it's "collusion"

After week 1 in a 10 team ppr high stakes league I'm in....a guy traded forte and Jordan reed (who was hurt but included to make it even swap) for Gronk and Pierre thomas.....and I know these guys are friends....now I have an opinion on which guy won and whom I think is an idiot....but I didn't think twice about voting yes to let it go through

I prefer team A's situation hands down

Gerhart is useless, completely, so take him out of the trade

Brady is useless, completely so take him out of the trade

Team A is getting Cousins, Jennings and Spiller for Mccoy

thats a heavily favored trade on A's part

Sorry, TEAM A is trading those players away.

Team A is the one getting Brady, McCoy and Gerhart.

But I take your point, you prefer Team B's situation (quantity over quality in this case).

Listen man...in any trade involving multiple players, with qbs, and some big names....yer always gonna have an opinion on it and feel one team is getting the better side.....it doesn't mean it's "collusion"

After week 1 in a 10 team ppr high stakes league I'm in....a guy traded forte and Jordan reed (who was hurt but included to make it even swap) for Gronk and Pierre thomas.....and I know these guys are friends....now I have an opinion on which guy won and whom I think is an idiot....but I didn't think twice about voting yes to let it go through

I'm not the commish of the league, and I don't intend to formally object, as it's already gone through. I just wondered what other people though.

At first I thought those were defenses and it looked lopsided but now that I understand they are QBs I really feel like it's a stretch to complain on either side. One team is getting players he can start while the other is probably unloading depth for who he probably sees as the best RB in the league. I think a QB1 RB1 and RB2 might be too much to give up for McCoy on paper but I'm a fan of McCoy and have never had him on a roster so I'd probably pay that for him if I had the depth.

I think Cousins, Jennings and Spiller will easily put up more fantasy points ths season then Brady, McCoy and Gerhart. You are probably irritated by it because you think McCoy is the player that makes team A a top contender. IMO that's the point of trading. Both teams got better.

The 0-3 team is looking to win at least a game to contend. If you are sitting in a hole like that you've got to do something quick to get a win

Sorry, TEAM A is trading those players away.

Team A is the one getting Brady, McCoy and Gerhart.

But I take your point, you prefer Team B's situation (quantity over quality in this case).

oh got the teams wrong then, but I dont see this as quantity over quality. Hes getting a top 10 RB, a top 10 QB and a lotto ticket in Spiller, while only giving up a lackluster Shady

Now, I'm not one to veto a trade, but this one stinks heavily in favour of a ###### team giving their friend the best RB in the league. I know McCoy has underperformed, but come on.

Thoughts?

Redskins>NE

Shady>Jennings

Spiller>Honky

:dunno:

• Like 1

OP got manhandled

:music_guitarred:

Wasn't my trade man. Nobody trades with the top team in the league! :doublethumbsup:

oh got the teams wrong then, but I dont see this as quantity over quality. Hes getting a top 10 RB, a top 10 QB and a lotto ticket in Spiller, while only giving up a lackluster Shady

For now, I think by the end of the year there is no way Shady doesn't outperform Jennings.

Spiller will always be feast or famine, depending ont he whims of Buffalo coaching staff, and their love of old-ass Fred Jackson. When people were screaming, "Why isn't Spiller the starter?" now we're seeing why.

I think Cousins will plummet back to earth at some point, and Brady will end up being a mid tier QB.

Well fair enough you guys have convinced me it's just a shitty trade and not collusion.

It looks fine to me.

Cousins arguable better than Brady

Rashad is one of the top scoring rbs right now so him vs Mcoy can be seen as ok.

Spiller has some value while gerhart has almost none so thats fine.

I can see the pause for concern but the trade is fine and def not collusion. Even if it was collusion, its not league breaking collusion.

• Like 1

Peyton Manning for a kicker type trades = collusion

All other trades are legit in my book no matter how lopsided.

• Like 1

I think.

Bottom line? This sums it all up. This is what YOU think. Maybe not what others think.

Collusion is McCoy for Gerhart. Not this. Brady has looked like straight crap. Cousins has not. Even if YOU think Cousins will come down and Brady will suddenly be good again. McCoy has been average at best while Jennings has looked great. Even if YOU think otherwise. Spiller is up and down and Gerhart (as an owner) does suck.

I moved Peterson two games into the 2011 for McCoy and Wallace, everyone said I was insane, blah, blah, blah.

This trade is a wash.

The fact that everyone is debating on who won the trade means it's not VETO worthy. Looks fair to me. Jennings could easily outperform McCoy. It's def not collusion.

• Like 1

The fact that everyone is debating on who won the trade means it's not VETO worthy. Looks fair to me. Jennings could easily outperform McCoy. It's def not collusion.

Mmm maybe not on the face of it, however I can pretty much guarantee this trade wouldn't have happened if the 2 owners weren't friends.

Mmm maybe not on the face of it, however I can pretty much guarantee this trade wouldn't have happened if the 2 owners weren't friends.

how?

how so? and who cares if they are friends?

I make that trade for Cousins, Jennings and Spiller if I am 0-3

I make that trade for Mccoy, Brady and Gerhart if I am 3-0 and have another solid QB

YES!! I would be so mad if I were you :mad:

I might even burn down someone's house

how?

Call it a suspicion. I tried to trade with the 2-1 owner early in the year and didn't even get any response at all, and this was after he was complaining about his QB on the message board (RG3 at the time).

Not even a rejection of the trade mind you, but no response whatsoever.

Now the trade may be fair, however 2 guys come to a new draft together then make a big trade in week 4. :dunno:

Call it a suspicion. I tried to trade with the 2-1 owner early in the year and didn't even get any response at all, and this was after he was complaining about his QB on the message board (RG3 at the time).

Not even a rejection of the trade mind you, but no response whatsoever.

Now the trade may be fair, however 2 guys come to a new draft together then make a big trade in week 4. :dunno:

That isn't a guarantee... maybe the guy just doesn't like you. That's no reason to start calling out collusion. This situation is looking more and more like you wanted McCoy and now you're upset that you didn't get him and he was traded to someone else

What was your trade offer to him?

Well fair enough you guys have convinced me it's just a shitty trade and not collusion.

I don't know, I have been thinking this trade over the past 5 hours and the more I think about it...

It could be collusion.

I am out of this whine fest.

Good thanks for coming here to post that.

Feel free to never enter my threads again.

Good thanks for coming here to post that.

Feel free to never enter my threads again.

I think by starting this thread you will get your wish from many on this sites. Don't be a b!tch then whine when people call you one.

Deuces. Enjoy your league. Sounds awesome.

• Like 1

Is balanced as it can be

Washington QB / Spiller

for McCoy is the deal.

Team B looks to improve and be competitive afterwards.

this is the kind of trade you should be wanting to see in your league.

BTW Brady should retire now.