Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

****Happy Football Day. Conference Championship Games******

So, get rid of the launching and using the helmet as a weapon. Getting rid of the helmets won't fix the problem.

sure it won't

what nitwit will launch head 1st without a helmet?

sure it won't

what nitwit will launch head 1st without a helmet?

Instead, the ball carrier will get knocked out with a shoulder or a knee to the head.

Instead, the ball carrier will get knocked out with a shoulder or a knee to the head.

sure he will.

It has to be a penalty even though it may not be intentional. I've been watching footballllkke everyone here for a long time and I don't remember the amount of head shots back then like you see the last ten years. The modern player doesn't tackle, they're always going for the kill shot. You can't play the intentional/ not intentional game. It's pretty hard to tell the difference. I was rooting for the Jags, but I didn't like seeing Gronk go out like that. They have to do what they can to at least cut it down

:thumbsup:

exactly.

and it's a tough play all around... Gronk is huge... so you've gotta' hammer him.. hit him low, it's his knees - hit him high, it's helmet-to-helmet.

So while I agree they have to call it, I don't think it was a "dirty" hit at all.

The old school tackling where you spread your arms, lead with your shoulder, wrap him up and take him down doesn't work today with the players as big and fast as they are... the defenders have no choice but to become a "kill shot missile".

Better to remove the face masks instead of the helmets

Face masks give players another level of security, thus promoting the weaponry aspect of the helmet.

Wasn't dirty, but it is a penalty. The thing people don't understand is that you can lead with the shoulder and do everything right, but your head is attached very close by and sometimes you will hit helmet to helmet.

Correctomundo.

Better to remove the face masks instead of the helmets

Face masks give players another level of security, thus promoting the weaponry aspect of the helmet.

Agreed. That would be a good start

The old school tackling where you spread your arms, lead with your shoulder, wrap him up and take him down doesn't work today with the players as big and fast as they are... the defenders have no choice but to become a "kill shot missile".

Look up "Hawk Tackling". It works across all ages. The emphasis is keeping the head out of the tackle.

Oh must be a coincidence they took the Patriots best weapon out of the game with that hit.

I dont know that he specifically meant to concuss him but I do know he wanted to rough him up good. Then the result occurs and can you really say well I didnt mean that exact type of injury? No.

Oh must be a coincidence they took the Patriots best weapon out of the game with that hit.

I dont know that he specifically meant to concuss him but I do know he wanted to rough him up good. Then the result occurs and can you really say well I didnt mean that exact type of injury? No.

they were a whole new team without him, they sucked with him

They should sit Gronk in 2 weeks, his long term health is the most important thing.

If the Eagles were playing the Taliban I would have to think about who to root for. So, left with a choice like Sophie, I say Go Pats!

It's really time for other teams to start winning and making it to the Superbowl.

Pats win and hopefully start to let some other teams have some fun

It's really time for other teams to start winning and making it to the Superbowl.

Pats win and hopefully start to let some other teams have some fun

Have you seen the QB's in the AFC east? I think the Pats will be hanging around for a while.

Have you seen the QB's in the AFC east? I think the Pats will be hanging around for a while.

:rolleyes:

Did they play the Jets, Bills or Dolphins yesterday or the week before?

Pats would be hanging around for another 15 years if they didnt trade Garapollo for peanuts.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

Did they play the Jets, Bills or Dolphins yesterday or the week before?

They have to get there first, and I don't see Cutler ornTannehill or Tyrod and whoever the Jets trot out there getting in the Pats way. And it was Blake Bortles for gods sake.

Well, I couldn't have gotten the MIN/PHI game more wrong. Did not see MIN being outclassed in that game. I got the NE/JAX game about right.

I feel like this Brady kid might just win Patriot of the Week one of these weeks.

Pats would be hanging around for another 15 years if they didnt trade Garapollo for peanuts.

i was wondering what the guys name was that they got with that second rounder.

Which college did this peanuts guy play for ?

it's really gotta' suxor for Minnesotans to lose that game and now host the big party

They live in Minn, what could be more depressing?

They live in Minn, what could be more depressing?

And most didn't even know they were hosting until a few weeks ago.

JG was a FA next year. Unless you think the Pats were going to Tag him, or cut Brady. Neither was happening. But they should have dealt him last off season

JG was a FA next year. Unless you think the Pats were going to Tag him, or cut Brady. Neither was happening. But they should have dealt him last off season

Shh

:D

Jimmy G beats Brady. Ends the Dynasty?

Where do I sign up for this

:D

Jimmy G beats Brady. Ends the Dynasty?

That would be fine with me, just as long as the Patriots win this year...

Then the Steeler fans would be even more pissed to have the Patriots and the 49ers with six Super Bowl titles as well...

I'm wrapping the under NE,over Philly and Philly in a 3 teamer so here's to hoping you're right.

:thumbsup: i copied this bet :cheers:

Went ahead and also bet the three separately,clean sweep :cheers: