Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

I traded coby fleener for jermicheal finley.

I am a finley fan, i wasnt on the badwagon last year because he spent the offseason in rehab, whereas this offseason he is working on strength and speed.

I can't imagine anyone giving up Finley for Fleener straight up. Assuming this is not a troll post, you absolutely raped this guy.

I can't imagine anyone giving up Finley for Fleener straight up. Assuming this is not a troll post, you absolutely raped this guy.

do i agree with it? no can i imagine it? yes. people get giddy for rookies, especially when they will be catching passes from their college Qb. someone was probably banking on the fact that Luck will use Fleener as his security blanket and finley will bust like he has in the past. and with TE being so deep i suppose its not a terrible risk to take :dunno:

do i agree with it? no can i imagine it? yes. people get giddy for rookies, especially when they will be catching passes from their college Qb. someone was probably banking on the fact that Luck will use Fleener as his security blanket and finley will bust like he has in the past. and with TE being so deep i suppose its not a terrible risk to take :dunno:

I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves on Fleener. Yes he was Luck's teammate at Stanford, but Stanford used a two TE set and Luck spread the ball around with 8 players getting 24 or more catches. Fleener only had 34, tied for 3rd and 4th on the team. Yes it is impressive that 10 were for TDs because Fleener could split the seam and go long against defenses in college (averaging about 20 yds/catch), but a 30+ % TD ratio isn't going to happen in the pros, and IND drafted a TE just as good (better blocker, great hands, more of an H-back type) in Dwayne Allen, and I'm guessing that Indy will use the two TE set also and go to Allen a lot underneath.

So the Finley for Fleener trade is downright sick.

----------------

Moving on, and getting ahead of most of you, I just posted my top 16 prospects that will be 2013 draft eligible for the Fat Bastards website. Some of you might be interested:

Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Montee Ball, RB, Wisc

Matt Barkley, QB, So Cal

Knile Davis, RB, Ark

Tyler Eifert, TE, ND

Ray Graham, RB, Pitt

Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn

Landry Jones, QB, Okla

Marcus Lattimore, RB, So Carolina

Christine Michael, RB, Tex A&M

Kenny Stills, WR, Okla

Logan Thomas, QB, Va Tech

Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

Marquess Wilson, WR, Wash State

Tyler Wilson, QB, Ark

Robert Woods, WR, So Cal

You will notice that these are posted in alphabetical order since we are allowed to draft developmental college players in our upcoming rookie/developmental draft and I don't want to expose my personal preferences. But feel free to comment on any of these guys and let me know if you think I made any glaring omissions.

I think i would want more than just Fleener if i was trading Finley. Definately some rookie love there.

Does Finley's stone hands or diva-like attitude that none of the other Packers receiving options possess, make him so coveted? This guy is over-hyped & won't be on any more of my squads until he shows otherwise.

Does Finley's stone hands or diva-like attitude that none of the other Packers receiving options possess, make him so coveted? This guy is over-hyped & won't be on any more of my squads until he shows otherwise.

Which is funny since Finley said Gronk and Graham werent all that great.

You said the same thing in my joe flacco thread, but you have to get guys before they show what they are capable of if you want to maximize value.

Like i said previously i think finley should be more athletic this year because he is not rehabbing a torn acl, plus his contract is up in 2 years. He has alot of incentive to practice hard this offseason.

The trade was actually 1.13 for finley, but the guy chose fleener.

I was going to keep the pick and choose luke kuechly, but he was chosen at pick 1.12.

I'm not a Jermichael Finley fan. He's never been on one of my teams and I don't think he will be this year. I think he consistently gets overhyped. He shows flashes of greatness in one game but then disappears in many others. I DO like Coby Fleener a lot. A rookie QB, even one as good as Luck, is going to need to learn to check down a lot. Who better to check down to than the TE you threw to in college? I could see Fleener putting up a 50-500-5 line already this season. I think he has the upside to be one of the best TE's in the league a few years down the road as him and Luck develop together.

With that being said, who makes a predraft dynastry trade of Jermichael Finley straight up for a late first round rookie pick to grab Coby Fleener? Are they essentially giving up on this season before it even begins? In dynasty leagues/keeper leagues, I'm always playing to win now if at all possible. The value of Finley, even though I don't like him a lot, is still a top 6 or 7 TE most likely. That's worth more than just Fleener, who is probably only a TE2 this next season. But I know people get enamored with rookies. The problem is, by the time those rookies develop in to a valuable fantasy asset, that person probably trades them for the next rookie sensation.

The trade was actually 1.13 for finley, but the guy chose fleener.

I was going to keep the pick and choose luke kuechly, but he was chosen at pick 1.12.

Wow.. nice work on that deal :cheers:

I will never stop being amazed by how horney guys get over draft ppicks this time of year! :banana:

I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves on Fleener. Yes he was Luck's teammate at Stanford, but Stanford used a two TE set and Luck spread the ball around with 8 players getting 24 or more catches. Fleener only had 34, tied for 3rd and 4th on the team. Yes it is impressive that 10 were for TDs because Fleener could split the seam and go long against defenses in college (averaging about 20 yds/catch), but a 30+ % TD ratio isn't going to happen in the pros, and IND drafted a TE just as good (better blocker, great hands, more of an H-back type) in Dwayne Allen, and I'm guessing that Indy will use the two TE set also and go to Allen a lot underneath.

So the Finley for Fleener trade is downright sick.

----------------

Moving on, and getting ahead of most of you, I just posted my top 16 prospects that will be 2013 draft eligible for the Fat Bastards website. Some of you might be interested:

Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Montee Ball, RB, Wisc

Matt Barkley, QB, So Cal

Knile Davis, RB, Ark

Tyler Eifert, TE, ND

Ray Graham, RB, Pitt

Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn

Landry Jones, QB, Okla

Marcus Lattimore, RB, So Carolina

Christine Michael, RB, Tex A&M

Kenny Stills, WR, Okla

Logan Thomas, QB, Va Tech

Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

Marquess Wilson, WR, Wash State

Tyler Wilson, QB, Ark

Robert Woods, WR, So Cal

You will notice that these are posted in alphabetical order since we are allowed to draft developmental college players in our upcoming rookie/developmental draft and I don't want to expose my personal preferences. But feel free to comment on any of these guys and let me know if you think I made any glaring omissions.

A couple other RB names to keep in the back of your head are:

Michael Dyer, Ark.st.

Spencer Ware, Lsu

Giovani Bernard, N.C.

Eddie Lacey, Alabama

I think this is going to be one heck of a first round for the 2013 rookie draft. Again, it's the depth at RB/WR, and the lack of stud Qb/Te's that's going to hurt next year.

Michael Dyer, Ark.st.

Spencer Ware, Lsu

Giovani Bernard, N.C.

Eddie Lacey, Alabama

I think this is going to be one heck of a first round for the 2013 rookie draft. Again, it's the depth at RB/WR, and the lack of stud Qb/Te's that's going to hurt next year.

I try to limit it to the most likely top 18 since the maximum we are allowed to draft as a league is 12 of them. Of course some of us have some favorites that are not on this list.

Under our format, there is significant risk to drafting and holding future picks as opposed to current rookies. While it is probable that last year's Richardson pick turned out well, the guys who drafted Knile Davis, Chris Polk, and Dwight Jones were not so fortunate. Then there was mine: I drafted Ryan Broyles with my 3.05 last year. When he tore his ACL, I dropped him back into the draft pool rather than save him on a 4 man taxi squad. I think he'll go early 2nd round in this year's draft.

Michael Dyer, Ark.st.

Spencer Ware, Lsu

Giovani Bernard, N.C.

Eddie Lacey, Alabama

A few of these guys have significant talent but 'warts' or off the field issues.

I try to limit the names I put on the draft-eligible list to the most likely top 18 since the maximum we are allowed to draft as a league is 12 of them. Of course some of us have some favorites that are not on this list and they can draft them using an "alias player" not likely to be drafted.

Under our format, there is significant risk to drafting and holding future picks as opposed to current rookies. While it is probable that last year's Richardson pick turned out well, the guys who drafted Knile Davis, Chris Polk, and Dwight Jones were not so fortunate. Then there was mine: I drafted Ryan Broyles with my 3.05 last year. When he tore his ACL, I dropped him back into the draft pool rather than save him on a 4 man taxi squad. I think he'll go early 2nd round in this year's draft.

My take on the 2013 draft-eligible class is quite different than yours: Strong and deep QB class, shallow RB class with most of them having question marks, shallower than this year's WR class with about 3 or 4 big names, and one quality TE. I would not think that there will be value into the 3rd round like this year's class.

A few of these guys have significant talent but 'warts' or off the field issues.

I try to limit the names I put on the draft-eligible list to the most likely top 18 since the maximum we are allowed to draft as a league is 12 of them. Of course some of us have some favorites that are not on this list and they can draft them using an "alias player" not likely to be drafted.

My take on the 2013 draft-eligible class is quite different than yours: Strong and deep QB class, shallow RB class with most of them having question marks, shallower than this year's WR class with about 3 or 4 big names, and one quality TE. I would not think that there will be value into the 3rd round like this year's class.

No Kenjon Barner?

No Kenjon Barner?

A year from now can make a hell of a difference, but I have serious doubts that he will be a 1st round pick in 2013. 5'11 190# means probably no-one will draft him as developmental unless they are absolutely sure that he's the second coming of CJ2K (but someone did draft LaMichael James as a developmental pick last year so what do I know?). In this format, if his chances of being a 1st round pick in 2013 are very slim, IMO it is better to take the bird in hand (a 2012 rookie). But there is at least one guy in the league who loves to draft developmentals who are not on the list.

FWIW, I know of at least 1 other RB who is not on the list nor mentioned above that I'd much prefer to take a swing at than Barner.

so who's buying who right now?

anyone completed any nice deals latley? lets talk dynasty!

I picked up both Kenny britt and Titus Young on two teams in the last few weeks.. see big things from both in the near future

After participating in 15 of 45 trades from March 1st through June 1st (our dynasty cutdown date) I had cutdown my team to the bare minimum 15:

Cutler, Freeman

Bradshaw, David Wilson, De Williams, Brinkley, Powell

Wayne, Lloyd, Crabtree, M Williams, D Baldwin

Finley, Cook

Houston

Since Cutdown, as expected, trading has slowed down, with only four trades for the league. Being a trade ho' by nature, I was involved in three of them, and liked all three:

1. Duh Manning! gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12; Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cincinnati Prancers

The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.11

This was "balancing the books" for 2013.

I like to have two 1st round picks in the bank, and felt that 2.12 was not significantly weaker than 1.11 this year.

2. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Brinkley, Curtis SDC RB;Powell, Bilal NYJ RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.04

Duh Manning! gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Little, Greg CLE WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.09

This was the "blockbuster". I gave up my 1.04, which after the pre-selected 2012 developmental picks, I can now say would probably have been Ronnie Hillman. In my mind, Greg Little and Pierre Thomas more than compensated me for the loss of this pick.

3. The Hype Machine gave up Andy Dalton and 2.04

The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Reggie Wayne and 2.12

After adding Greg Little to my squad, I decided that Dalton, who still has a year of Developmental eligibility, would look good on my inactive Developmental roster, and I could afford to lose Reggie Wayne to move back up into the early part of the second round.

My team is now:

Cutler, Freeman, Dalton

Bradshaw, David Wilson, De Williams, P Thomas (note: I still own the 1.01 rookie pick. Since last year's college developmentals were already drafted, that pick will now be D Martin)

Lloyd, Little, Crabtree, M Williams, D Baldwin

Finley, Cook

Houston

So I feel that all of these were nice deals. Yes, feel free to throw your comments out on these.

On the subject of trading, I am re-posting as a separate post my “Eight Tips to Become a Great Fantasy Trader”, which I believe I had buried somewhere in my Fantasy Blog last year. Here is the new link for those who care to read it here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=402426

so who's buying who right now?

anyone completed any nice deals latley? lets talk dynasty!

I picked up both Kenny britt and Titus Young on two teams in the last few weeks.. see big things from both in the near future

I just dealt Santonio Holmes, Kevin Smith and 6.9 rookie/FA pick for DHB and 5.8 in a 10 player keeper. Rosters to be cut down later this summer. Its a non PPR.

I had no plans to keep Kevin Smith and was on the fence about even keeping Holmes. I like DHB a lot this year and seem to be landing him as a WR3 or 4 in leagues/mocks. The 1 round bump was an added bonus.

my roster now

QB - Romo, Kolb

RB - Mathews, Lynch, R.Bush, M.Bush, D.Thomas, Gerhart, Felix

WR - Harvin, Austin, S.Johnson, DHB, Ford, Simpson

TE - Gronk, F.Davis, Gresham

I just dealt Santonio Holmes, Kevin Smith and 6.9 rookie/FA pick for DHB and 5.8 in a 10 player keeper. Rosters to be cut down later this summer. Its a non PPR.

I had no plans to keep Kevin Smith and was on the fence about even keeping Holmes. I like DHB a lot this year and seem to be landing him as a WR3 or 4 in leagues/mocks. The 1 round bump was an added bonus.

my roster now

QB - Romo, Kolb

Some teams just have too many questions at certain positions.

Wash. and Detroit RB's.

But I'd put Oakland WR's in there too.So tough to figure out who to own. I actually like Criner myself.

my roster now

QB - Romo, Kolb

I would be dealing a TE combined with some other talent for a better qb. Maybe davis or gresham, r bush, romo, and possibly a draft pick for one of the top 5.

I would be dealing a TE combined with some other talent for a better qb. Maybe davis or gresham, r bush, romo, and possibly a draft pick for one of the top 5.

believe me ive been trying

Some teams just have too many questions at certain positions.

Wash. and Detroit RB's.

But I'd put Oakland WR's in there too.So tough to figure out who to own. I actually like Criner myself.

As far as Oaklands WR's I think its a pretty safe bet that barring injury, the starting 2 will be DHB and Moore. They are the most talented and in the case of DHB, the most invested into them. Ford will be the WR3. Murphy just isnt as talented

the interesting thing about a deep keeper league like this is that prior to cut downs, some teams have more than 10 keeper worthy players while some teams have far less.

With a trade like this, I may end up keeping no one anyway and it will simply be a 1 round draft bump for me. All depends on any further trades and how things shake out this summer with Forte and Peterson (since I own those handcuffs)

Just finishing up our second round of the rookie/FA draft. and got a trade offer

Garcon, 3.02, and 3.04

for

Desean Jackson

I noticed in the projections here, they are right next to each other. Do you think they are close enough, that its worth the trade and getting a couple more picks?

its a PPR league.

Just finishing up our second round of the rookie/FA draft. and got a trade offer

Garcon, 3.02, and 3.04

for

Desean Jackson

I noticed in the projections here, they are right next to each other. Do you think they are close enough, that its worth the trade and getting a couple more picks?

its a PPR league.

These are free agaent picks?

Looks like a very solid deal, I actually like Garcon better long term so the picks are a bonus IMO..

Now that the draft is over and everyone is on a team who are the top rookie RBs not named Trent Richardson or Doug Martin?

Now that the draft is over and everyone is on a team who are the top rookie RBs not named Trent Richardson or Doug Martin?

David Wilson, NYG

Ronnie Hillman, DEN

Isaiah Pead, STL

I've been doing dynasty (rookie) drafts since 2005 (Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, JJ Arrington were the first four picks that year). This 2012 rookie class excites me the least of any of them to date. I do have the last pick in each round for winning last year- 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12 picks. But other than having one of the top 4 picks, I wouldn't mind one bit trading all of my picks (the 'promise' of the unknown rookie) for proven, even very unflashy production/upgrades. Granted, my team is already stacked...

But I am not just loving this rookie class after the 4th pick.

I've been doing dynasty (rookie) drafts since 2005 (Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, JJ Arrington were the first four picks that year). This 2012 rookie class excites me the least of any of them to date. I do have the last pick in each round for winning last year- 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12 picks. But other than having one of the top 4 picks, I wouldn't mind one bit trading all of my picks (the 'promise' of the unknown rookie) for proven, even very unflashy production/upgrades. Granted, my team is already stacked...

But I am not just loving this rookie class after the 4th pick.

I agree with you 100%. I know I'm in the minority, but I feel next years RB draft class is far better than this years. This season we have 2 stud QB's and 2 Rb's and very, VERY deep depth at WR. But next years WR's, although it won't be a deep class. It will have Stud Wr's (I say 4 imo) And the RB class will be much, much better. I say only Richardson is better than any of next years crop. And all are on par with Martin, if not better.

I traded away

Andrew Luck

Robert Meachem

I traded for

Matt Ryan

Lawrence Timmons

I traded away

Andrew Luck

Robert Meachem

I traded for

Matt Ryan

Lawrence Timmons

Good trade if your in win now mode!

but... I think you may look back at this deal in 3 years and cry!

Good trade if your in win now mode!

but... I think you may look back at this deal in 3 years and cry!

In 3 years Matt Ryan will be just be entering his prime, and Lawrence timmons will be in the midst of his prime.

QB's produce their best numbers from about 29-33 and lb'ers from 27-31.

Keeper league at what point do you start reaching for player and how far will you reach?

I have no problem with reaching for any player that I want and once I have my core group of starters I will reach way deeper than I should to get the players I want. Because nothing upsets me more on draft day than letting a player I want slide a round only to have him picked up by another owner.

So im in a PPR dynasty with the 5th pick in this upcoming rookie/FA draft. My core players include Matthews, MJD, BJGE, Andre Johnson, Britt, Torrey Smith and Pettigrew

I just made a trade:

I gave up MJD, Pettigrew and a 3rd round pick next year for pick 1.04 this year, a 2nd rounder next year Gresham and Decker.

What do you think?

So now Im left with Matthews, BJGE, Johnson, Britt, Smith, Decker, Gresham and picks 1.04,1.05,2.05,and 3.05. Im trying to make another play for 1.02 which would probably be Luck because I know 1.01 is taking Richardson. The trade for 1.02 would include 1.05 and 3.05 this year and a first rounder next year. In addition BJGE would be traded to acquire Antonio Brown.

Essentially I would get Luck at 1.02 and Martin at 1.04 and try to establish some depth at RB with 2.05. Maybe trade Johnson for a decent RB.

Let me hear it....

Didn't know there was a Dynasty thread on this board, been looking for one, pretty cool.

There's a lot to review there Tonka, I'll have to review your post a little more, but at first glance, MJD is the best player in the trade and if drafted today, would be the 1st pick, I would think you could have received pick 1.01 or 1.02 for MJD. You don't mention your QB situation and thus your desire to get Luck at 1.02, must be pretty bad at QB! :)

I don't think I'd trade Andre Johnson for a RB, but you are thin after trading MJD. But then again, this draft is deep in WR's and weak in RB...Depends on who you end up drafting at 1.4. I'd defintely trade BJGE for Antonio Brown if that was an option.

I've been in a 12-team Dynasty League for the last 7-yrs, I like my team after getting some early round picks the last few years:

QB - Big Ben (traded B. Marshall prior to last year as I needed a QB), C. Palmer, J. Freeman

RB - R. Rice, L. McCoy (drafted each 5 and 4 yrs ago respectively). T. Gerhart, C. Benson, M. Hardesty

WR - M. Colston, A. Brown, S. Holmes, N. Burleson, T. Young, Plaxico, J. Knox

TE - Gronk, V. Davis, G. Olsen

Team looks solid on paper, but missed the playoffs last year based on my div record, scored more points than most.

I have the 6th pick and will take whomever falls to me of: Richardson/Luck/RGIII/Martin/Blackmon/Wilson (probably in that order).

Didn't know there was a Dynasty thread on this board, been looking for one, pretty cool.

Team looks solid on paper, but missed the playoffs last year based on my div record, scored more points than most.

I have the 6th pick and will take whomever falls to me of: Richardson/Luck/RGIII/Martin/Blackmon/Wilson (probably in that order).

your team looks pretty solid. Only thing I would say is in a 12 team league your playing from behind before you even start given your QB's.. That would be my focus,

I would assume at 1.06 your getting Wilson or Maybe Floyde

no chace any of the other mentioned guys are around that late IMO..

your team looks pretty solid. Only thing I would say is in a 12 team league your playing from behind before you even start given your QB's.. That would be my focus,

I would assume at 1.06 your getting Wilson or Maybe Floyde

no chace any of the other mentioned guys are around that late IMO..

Yeah, I was thinking Floyd over Wilson as well, but think the draft is deeper at WR and I can get one at 18.

Imagine what my QB situation looked like without Big Ben? :) I actually like him this year, think he could be top 10, Pitt is talking about throwing more this year.

Now is a good time to update the league trades. Since our cut-down of June 1st, trading has slowed considerably. Only 4 trades and I was involved in 3 of them:

1. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Brinkley, Curtis SDC RB;Powell, Bilal NYJ RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.04

Duh Namastes gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Little, Greg CLE WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.09

(I believe that Little and P Thomas was more than adequate compensation for my 1.04 (which after accounting for the 2011 college Developmental picks would have been Ronnie Hillman)

2. Schmucks gave up Dickson, Ed BAL TE; Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.12; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Combative Clowns

Cheesehead gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 7.01; Year 2013 Round 4 Draft Pick from Cheesehead

3. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12

The Hype Machines gave up Dalton, Andy CIN QB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.04 (I regret making this one given the offer I received a week later (#4 below).

4. Schmucks gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Brown, Vincent SDC WR

The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Lloyd, Brandon NEP WR

I don't believe we will see any more trades before our draft. So far the league has had 49 for the season.

We only have just over 3 rounds in our Rookie /Developmental draft this year due to forfeited picks. We might even get done Sunday night. I'll post the results here.